0 (0%)
Lukaku
4 (9.1%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Lennon (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: West Ham v Everton  (Read 29574 times)

November 07, 2015, 02:28:32 AM
Reply #30

The Analog Kid

Yeah, round there it is.

It's a bit of a shit hole but good place to watch the game.

Sound. Nice one.

November 07, 2015, 05:58:07 AM
Reply #31

charlatan

Envi on Fleet St used to be OK for the games too, cheap Magners on draught and 1.50 Jagerbombs

November 07, 2015, 10:31:15 AM
Reply #32

minty

Random thought but seems a bit odd that we've had 5 goal scorers this season and they've had 10.

We've not had a goal outside of the striker or someone playing in the 3 behind.

That needs addressing over the season; hopefully with Baines coming back, Seamus can get back to his form prior to last season, Mori looking promising in the box from set pieces and McCarthy being a bit more forward thinking that might change.

Defenders usually score from set pieces and we are rubbish at them. And then most have a 3rd and 4th choice striker in there as well which we are lacking at the moment.

November 07, 2015, 01:05:46 PM
Reply #33

howard1334

If Baines is on the bench for this one, it will probably be the best bench we have ever had in the Prem.

Hypo Bench: Baines, Cleverly, Mirallas, Naismith, Robles, Besic/Gibson, Browning.

Not even in the team: Osman, Besic/Gibson, Peinaar, McGeady.

Injured: Jags, and Oveido. 

November 07, 2015, 01:08:22 PM
Reply #34

howard1334

Anyone else want us to try this lineup some day, even if not this match since it is away from home? Obviously a little overly attacking...

Howard/Robles

Coleman Stones Funes Mori Baines

McCarthy  Barkley

Gerry                                     Mirallas
               Kone
                            Lukaku

November 07, 2015, 01:54:46 PM
Reply #35

Rodenplav64

They are in decent form but have had the odd slip up . I wouldn't be too sad with a draw and think we have to man mark their danger man Payet . Everything seems to be going through him . That said defensively they are shit so lets hope we rip them one on the break .

November 07, 2015, 03:18:02 PM
Reply #36

The Analog Kid

Undefeated against these in our last 17 meetings..? Pretty confident going into our 18th too.

November 07, 2015, 03:27:50 PM
Reply #37

Lxxx

West Ham aren't great at home, we're better away, their weakness is their defence, our strength is pace on the counter.

All set up for Roberto to go safe with Naismith and Lennon then.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:29:15 PM by Lxxx »

November 07, 2015, 03:43:18 PM
Reply #38

howard1334

I like the Euros and the World Cup, but nothing else.

Gold cup and confederation cup are alright if the USA is in them and not complete shit.

November 07, 2015, 04:18:19 PM
Reply #39

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
West Ham aren't great at home, we're better away, their weakness is their defence, our strength is pace on the counter.

All set up for Roberto to go safe with Naismith and Lennon then.

Hopefully we'll lose today so there's more chance of him getting sacked aye

November 07, 2015, 04:23:54 PM
Reply #40

hill135

Difficult to call. West Ham are either dreadful or very good.

Gonna miss it due to work :(

November 07, 2015, 05:28:02 PM
Reply #41

Lxxx

Hopefully we'll lose today so there's more chance of him getting sacked aye

FFS it was a windup comment, which has clearly been taken too seriously.

November 07, 2015, 05:33:01 PM
Reply #42

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone else want us to try this lineup some day, even if not this match since it is away from home? Obviously a little overly attacking...

Howard/Robles

Coleman Stones Funes Mori Baines

McCarthy  Barkley

Gerry                                     Mirallas
               Kone
                            Lukaku

I'd love to see that. Howard could remain on his line, while Robels can go out and command the box. Both bases covered.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

November 07, 2015, 06:01:26 PM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It will be so deflating if we don't turn up.

Worried about payet and big andy to be honest, but I think their league position at the moment flatters to deceive a little. I hope.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 07, 2015, 06:06:12 PM
Reply #44

toffee_scot

If Baines is on the bench for this one, it will probably be the best bench we have ever had in the Prem.

Hypo Bench: Baines, Cleverly, Mirallas, Naismith, Robles, Besic/Gibson, Browning.

Not even in the team: Osman, Besic/Gibson, Peinaar, McGeady.

Injured: Jags, and Oveido. 

I think this game might come too early for Cleverley and I hope Martinez is prudent enough not to rush Baines back too quickly either. Besic is only coming back from injury right now while Pienaar and Hibbert seem to be having continuous injury problems. With another international break coming up it won't be long before Gibson gets injured again.

It would certainly be interesting to see what the squad would look like if we had everybody back fit (very wishful thinking I know) and who would miss out on a place on the bench. McGeady looks like he has very little future here and I can see him going out on loan to the Championship or Celtic in January.