0 (0%)
Lukaku
4 (9.1%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Lennon (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: West Ham v Everton  (Read 29640 times)

November 06, 2015, 05:07:21 AM
Read 29640 times

Shogun

Administrator

West Ham United v Everton FC
The Boleyn Ground
Saturday 7th November 15:00
Premier League Match #12

West Ham's last 5 matches

West Ham 2-2 Norwich (Sakho, Kouyate)
Sunderland 2-2 West Ham (Jenkinson, Payet)
Crystal Palace 1-3 West Ham (Jenkinson, Lanzini, Payet)
West Ham 2-1 Chelsea (Zarate, Carroll)
Watford 2-0 West Ham

Everton's last 5 matches

Everton 1-1 Liverpool (Lukaku)
Everton 0-3 Manchester United
Arsenal 2-1 Everton (Barkley)
Everton 1-1 (4-3p) Norwich - Capital One Cup (Osman)
Everton 6-2 Sunderland (Deulofeu, Kone x3, Lukaku, O.G)

West Ham

West Ham failed to score for the first time in a Premier League fixture this season as they fell to a 2-0 defeat last weekend away to Watford. Much of West Ham's success this season has been on the road with notable victories against Liverpool, Manchester City and Arsenal but they've only managed to take seven points from their five home matches in the league and failed to beat Bournemouth, Norwich and Leicester at home (D1, L2). However, Andy Carroll headed home the winner in their last match at home which against Chelsea but the Hammers haven't won back to back home matches since December 2014. West Ham haven't won in any of their last 14 Premier League meetings against Everton (D4, L10) since Bobby Zamora's scored the only goal back in 2007 at the Boleyn Ground. West Ham have lost three league matches in a row at home to Everton despite taking the lead in all three.

Romelu Lukaku scored an injury time winner when the sides last met, in the penultimate match of last season in London. The Belgian striker has scored in every single match against West Ham as an Everton player (6 in 6) including a debut goal for the club in a 3-2 victory in 2013. Lukaku has scored more goals against West Ham than he has against any other side and he was one of two players to score in both league fixtures for Everton last season. Leon Osman notched his only league goals of last season to raise his tally up to five career goals against the Hammers and only against Aston Villa (6) has he scored more goals. Lukaku has eight goals and four assists in 14 appearances for the Toffees this season.

Possible Line-Ups

Everton

Everton won just their second home league match of the season last weekend in an high scoring affair with Sunderland. The 6-2 victory against Sunderland was Everton's biggest league win since 2007 when they put seven past Sunderland again at Goodison Park. Arouna Kone's hat-trick was Everton's second of the season and the first time Everton have scored two hat-tricks in the same league season since Tony Cottee grabbed a couple in the 93/94 season. The last time two separate Everton players scored a league hat-trick in the same season was in the 91/92 season when Cottee and Beardsley were the scorers. Now, the last time three separate Everton players scored hat-tricks in one season in the top flight for Everton came in the 1938-39 season when Everton won the first division title and Robert 'Bunny' Bell, Tommy Lawton (x3) and Stanley Bentham scored hat-tricks.

Gerard Deulofeu has started four premier league matches this season and in those matches he has accumulated one goal and four assists for Everton. The Spaniard has already elapsed the number of assists he gained in his last spell in the Premier League and as the stats show, he is creating a significantly higher number of chances this time around. Despite only spending an amount of time on the pitch that is the equivalent of just over four premier league matches, he is already joint fifth in the Premier League assist charts and has more assists than any other Everton player this season. Another significant difference from his last time at Everton is when you look at his shots Per90 figures. In 2013/14, he averaged 3.10 shots every 90 minutes he played in the premier league but this season, that figure reads just 0.48.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 06, 2015, 05:44:30 AM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Honestly forgot we had besic and cleverley

November 06, 2015, 05:57:22 AM
Reply #2

TSGun

Despite West Hams good start to the season I really like our chances in this one.

The team's and Lukaku's recent form against them makes good reading and although that doesn't guarantee success it's funny how difficult it can be to reverse a run of form against any opposition at any given time.

Looking for big improvement from Stones this week. Both him and Coleman should be just about cherry ripe now.

November 06, 2015, 01:21:05 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Random thought but seems a bit odd that we've had 5 goal scorers this season and they've had 10.

We've not had a goal outside of the striker or someone playing in the 3 behind.

That needs addressing over the season; hopefully with Baines coming back, Seamus can get back to his form prior to last season, Mori looking promising in the box from set pieces and McCarthy being a bit more forward thinking that might change.

November 06, 2015, 01:52:55 PM
Reply #4

The Analog Kid

Honestly forgot we had besic and cleverley

I asked in the Sunderland match thread if anyone knew when Besic was back and got no reply, which makes me think everyone else had forgot.

November 06, 2015, 02:02:14 PM
Reply #5

TSGun

Random thought but seems a bit odd that we've had 5 goal scorers this season and they've had 10.

That needs addressing over the season; hopefully with Baines coming back, Seamus can get back to his form prior to last season, Mori looking promising in the box from set pieces and McCarthy being a bit more forward thinking that might change.

It's an interesting point.

Could be a reflection of the difficult first ten games as well. That and they did have a couple of competitive Euro qualifiers preseason that has to bring them forward a little on most teams early on.

I agree though, would love to see a broader range of scorers.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 02:08:49 PM by The Smoking Gun »

November 06, 2015, 02:18:41 PM
Reply #6

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

I wonder if this has something to do with us making a conscious effort to get more of an attacking presence up there with Lukaku

Of course the good form of Kone and Barkley has had a hand in this too.

Is there a case for it being their job to get the goals anyway and as they are doing it well enough, defenders and defensive midfielders haven't needed to bust a gut to help out in the goal scoring area?

Even Naismith, who my good friend @Thomas would have happily thrown on the bonfire last night has had a hand in supplying a few goals when given some rare time on the pitch, isn't that right @Rhys ?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 06, 2015, 02:32:54 PM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I asked in the Sunderland match thread if anyone knew when Besic was back and got no reply, which makes me think everyone else had forgot.
I read he was fucked, then I read he is back in training!!!

Apparently his car is fucking up his hamstring. Dunno how like

Anyway
West ham
Has goals written all over it

Nil nil

Simply simply lovely

November 06, 2015, 02:56:59 PM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
I read he was fucked, then I read he is back in training!!!

Apparently his car is fucking up his hamstring. Dunno how like

Anyway
West ham
Has goals written all over it

Nil nil

He's got a Lamborghini, probably not the easiest thing to get in and out of or drive when you've got a hamstring injury.

November 06, 2015, 03:36:41 PM
Reply #9

Bluedylan

Always feel confident against these, just because of our record. But there's no doubt they've got some players now who can worry anyone, and if they have their day, can win any game, so it feels more in the balance than normal (especially with some of our frailties).

It feels like a very big game this. Last one going into the international break. If we win this, we'd leave ourselves right in the European mix, with some really favourable fixtures to come. Lose it, and we'd be very much on the periphery, with lots of questions to answer.

I would bite all your limbs off for a scrappy 1-0 from a late Lukaku header.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 03:37:02 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 06, 2015, 03:58:21 PM
Reply #10

Macca77

We've got an excellent record at West Ham, always well there, will be a tight game, Payet is obviously the main danger, that said I fancy us to nick this 2-1

November 06, 2015, 04:14:11 PM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if this has something to do with us making a conscious effort to get more of an attacking presence up there with Lukaku

Of course the good form of Kone and Barkley has had a hand in this too.

Is there a case for it being their job to get the goals anyway and as they are doing it well enough, defenders and defensive midfielders haven't needed to bust a gut to help out in the goal scoring area?

Even Naismith, who my good friend @Thomas would have happily thrown on the bonfire last night has had a hand in supplying a few goals when given some rare time on the pitch, isn't that right @Rhys ?

i think it's the way our goals are getting scored, it's either a bit of individual skill or a fast counter attack.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 06, 2015, 05:26:38 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I would love for Lukaku to stay with us his entire career and break Ian Rush's derby goals record. 5 in 2 seasons is not a bad haul.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

November 06, 2015, 05:32:56 PM
Reply #13

Evertonian in NC

There's quite a bottleneck in the middle of the table, with 5 teams (7-11) on 16 or 17 points.  Three here against the team on 20 and in 6th position would be a nice statement of intent.

I think we will do just fine away from home tomorrow as long as we don't lose our heads.  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 06, 2015, 05:53:21 PM
Reply #14

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
I would love for Lukaku to stay with us his entire career and break Ian Rush's derby goals record. 5 in 2 seasons is not a bad haul.

some of those were for WBA