December 14, 2017, 02:50:39 AM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 6891 times)

November 03, 2017, 02:23:27 AM
Reply #135

Faceatthefence

Whilst all the focus was on midfielders and poaching youth for the U-23,s we totally forgot about scoring and defending.From board to manager we royally fucked up and are now reaping the rewards,dont dream about expansive managers the club is no better then when moyes walked through the door 15 years ago.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

deCoubertin

November 03, 2017, 02:23:44 AM
Reply #136

Cozzie

We are going the way of Aston Villa, at least thats how I feel.

November 03, 2017, 02:24:26 AM
Reply #137

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Because we will score more than them

Ah, we're hoping they find a way to score a negative goal?

Everton 0 - Watford (-1).

Might be clutching at straws.

November 03, 2017, 02:25:01 AM
Reply #138

Bluedylan

We are going the way of Aston Villa, at least thats how I feel.

Get a grip
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 03, 2017, 02:27:50 AM
Reply #139

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We're at home. The fans know it's massive so should be pumped for it. I've seen good stuff from the team in each off the last 3 games that I think if we can score the first goal will make a difference at home.

I don't mean luck but if a few little moments had gone our way on each of those games they would've been totally different - the Rooney close range volley at Chelsea, the penalty v Leicester, Gana tonight).

It's a game if such fine margins that those moments take on massive importance when you're desperate for a win in our position. Of course some of that is down to us and lack of composure in front of goal, but I do think it couldn've been different.

It's going to require about 10 dump trucks worth of good luck I think but who knows.

Crowd might be up for it, but we concede first and it's going to be instant poisonous atmosphere. You know that. That's the flipside of playing at home when you're on a bad run.

November 03, 2017, 02:29:01 AM
Reply #140

Macca77

Ah, we're hoping they find a way to score a negative goal?

Everton 0 - Watford (-1).

Might be clutching at straws.

Like a scarecrow trying to have a wank

November 03, 2017, 02:30:09 AM
Reply #141

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Get a grip

Nah man, we are.

We are run appallingly on the football side of things.

It's time to realise the situation we're in. It's been coming for a few years now.

Only so long a club like Everton can sit in perpetual mediocrity for before it all comes crashing down and the reset button has to be pressed.

November 03, 2017, 02:30:14 AM
Reply #142

Cozzie

Get a grip

Just beyond worried now. Villas was a slow decline but you could see it coming a mile off. Poor recruitment and god awful management in the end.

Massive over reaction I will admit but it just all feels so grim.

November 03, 2017, 02:30:16 AM
Reply #143

Bluedylan

It's going to require about 10 dump trucks worth of good luck I think but who knows.

Crowd might be up for it, but we concede first and it's going to be instant poisonous atmosphere. You know that. That's the flipside of playing at home when you're on a bad run.

I think if the effort is there the crowd will get behind them because it's Unsworths first home game (this time around) and because there's young players in the team.

I don't think luck needs to come into it at all. We need to take our chances when they come.

November 03, 2017, 02:31:58 AM
Reply #144

School of Science

Its funny how people see the game differently....for me Morgan was a headless chicken diving into tackles cause he was always the wrong side- an accident waiting to happen.

The tackle he was sent off for was disgraceful, stupid and unprofessional. Thought the tackle for their goal was good, he won the ball, but I thought it ran through very unfortunately to their striker to score an easy goal really. But fair enough to each their own views.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 03, 2017, 02:32:14 AM
Reply #145

Bluedylan

Nah man, we are.

We are run appallingly on the football side of things.

It's time to realise the situation we're in. It's been coming for a few years now.

Only so long a club like Everton can sit in perpetual mediocrity for before it all comes crashing down and the reset button has to be pressed.

Not having it Rambo. There's issues at board level but I think there's a way out of this on the pitch without resorting to caveman managers. Think we'll be ok myself. We'll see.

November 03, 2017, 02:34:00 AM
Reply #146

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think if the effort is there the crowd will get behind them because it's Unsworths first home game (this time around) and because there's young players in the team.

I don't think luck needs to come into it at all. We need to take our chances when they come.

I'm not here to squish yours or anyone else's optimism. However, I don't feel the same way. I don't see how on the back of the pre-season to where we are now you'd be confident of us doing much of anything right now.

November 03, 2017, 02:35:52 AM
Reply #147

Bluedylan

I'm not here to squish yours or anyone else's optimism. However, I don't feel the same way. I don't see how on the back of the pre-season to where we are now you'd be confident of us doing much of anything right now.

No worries. We can respectfully disagree and both hope for a positive result at the weekend 👍

November 03, 2017, 02:45:44 AM
Reply #148

bluenuck

I'm at a tipping point now. Win against Watford and I'll continue to have hope.

If we get dismantled and either lose or draw then I'll be logging off for a while... Well I'll probably do one good rant before that.   :)

November 03, 2017, 02:51:53 AM
Reply #149

GrantyBoy78

Here's a bit of perspective

We put in one of our best performances of the season and still lost 3-0.

If you're not seeing the massive trouble we're in you're deluding yourself.
Si thinks you’re a bad meff and an embarrassment for panicking.