The Everton Forum / Re: Lookman
« Last post by Jimmywhack on 9 minutes ago »
Got took off after an hour as they lost to bottom of the league
The Everton Forum / Re: Lookman
« Last post by blueToffee on 14 minutes ago »
How did he play?
General Football Chat / Re: Nasri banned 6 months
« Last post by kramer0 on 16 minutes ago »
It was hilarious when his significant other hacked his Twitter and exposed this whole thing.
The Everton Forum / The big man, the boss; Big Sam
« Last post by kramer0 on 23 minutes ago »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/damning-statistics-underline-sam-allardyces-14335390

Everton have had the fewest shots of any side in the Premier League during Allardyce's time in charge, while also creating the fewest chances from open play. The Toffees have actually faced the second most shots during that time - all damning statistics.

That just goes to show he hasn't really made us any better since he come in

Currently, we're bottom 10 in shot ratio ((shots taken)/(total shots in our matches)) in the time since Opta has been collecting data (since 2009-10).

Same if you change it to shots on target.

https://objective-football.blogspot.com.es/2014/12/the-enlightened-era-2009-2014.html?m=1

(TSR and SoTR, if you want to sort the link above.)

Pure shot totals aren't everything (shot quality matters a lot) but it's not a good sign for a club with "ambition.” We profile out more like Burnley than the teams we say we want to compete with. And this is not just an indictment of Allardyce. Koeman was crap too and we've spent a ton of money on players who don't contribute to enough to chance creation (shakes fist at Walsh).

Whatever's happening behind the scenes is rotten. We're basically an expensive, less-effective Burnley. It's grim. No surprise that none of us really want to watch this team right now.
« Last post by Gash on 27 minutes ago »
Even without the ban it's a pretty spectacular decline of a career. From Arsenal and Man City to being released by a Turkish club I can barely pronounce never mind heard of all by the age of 30.
And yet we see world class players flop as managers. Can't remember the last world class player who successfully went on and became a world class or even successful manager.

The theory is it's much easier/more common for the mediocre player to succeed, because they had to work harder, think things through/find angles more.  Whereas the superstar naturally had so many gifts, it's hard to translate what came so naturally to them to players who aren't similarly transcendent.

Also, just numerically, the average Joe anonymous midfielder isn't going to be handed jobs or even interviews, will have to constantly prove himself and fight his way up the ladder (manager-wise).  Cream rising to the top, etc.
General Football Chat / Sol Campbell
« Last post by Bob Sacamano on 32 minutes ago »
Heard him chatting shot the other day and waded he not the one their footy chatncormum to partake in the piss taking and can’t find a thread.

He threw a wobbler for being knocked back for the oxford job, said that shit is beneath him anyways and declared himself “one of the greatest minds in football”.

I’ll go find a link.
« Last post by Bob Sacamano on 35 minutes ago »
He’s a quality motd player. Would probably infuriate me if I watched him week after week.
And yet we see world class players flop as managers. Can't remember the last world class player who successfully went on and became a world class or even successful manager.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10