July 26, 2017, 11:46:15 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Norwich  (Read 19125 times)

May 16, 2016, 11:56:35 AM
Reply #495

Dave Gewiss

Anybody got a conspiracy theory as to why Funes Mori didn't even make the bench?

May 16, 2016, 01:22:22 PM
Reply #496

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Anybody got a conspiracy theory as to why Funes Mori didn't even make the bench?

He's shit

May 16, 2016, 01:28:05 PM
Reply #497

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

May 16, 2016, 01:28:38 PM
Reply #498

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think in this case we had the two young defenders on the bench and I presume Pennington would have been used as the CB sub.

May 16, 2016, 03:34:22 PM
Reply #499

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I seem to remember Unsworth said he would pick a team that had showed him they wanted to win for Everton. Hence the youngsters and no Besic Funes Mori and Oviedo,,,, Barkley on the bench was what surprised me...

May 16, 2016, 03:38:13 PM
Reply #500

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I seem to remember Unsworth said he would pick a team that had showed him they wanted to win for Everton. Hence the youngsters and no Besic Funes Mori and Oviedo,,,, Barkley on the bench was what surprised me...
Tbf si did say last week that royle doesn't rate Barkley and if what was said is true that it was a royle and unsworth side then it was no surprise

Also, Dowell was a certainty to play

Besic hasn't looked anyway near fit enough since his return, probably rushed back so hopefully a break for him, a good pre season and we will see him again

Funes mori....  I think it was just to give the kids some experience
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

May 16, 2016, 04:51:55 PM
Reply #501

Toddacelli

Tbf si did say last week that royle doesn't rate Barkley and if what was said is true that it was a royle and unsworth side then it was no surprise

Besic hasn't looked anyway near fit enough since his return, probably rushed back so hopefully a break for him, a good pre season and we will see him again

It sounds a bit mad and I love, love, love Barkley - but I can understand why other people don't rate him.

In a conversation with a pain in the arse Spurs fan about Delli Alli and Barkley I said they were the two most promising England midfielders. He came back with "Promising? Delli Alli's already delivering mate, week in, week out, how much longer is Barkley going to be promising before you realise he's never gonna live up to it?"

I had to agree with the consistency aspect (which hurts), I just hope the new manager gets the best out of our Ross, because it's all there for him if he wants it.

Anyways:

Last game - great result
Howard - great send off
Naismith - great lad
Rhino & Joe - great Evertonians
Performance - great change
New manager - great hopes
Youngsters - great expectations

Everton - we WILL be great again!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 16, 2016, 05:07:40 PM
Reply #502

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Noticed Unsy gave Barkley a rollicking for not chasing back once after he lost the ball.

Made a pleasant change.

Can't wait for a new manager to get him properly into shape.

May 16, 2016, 05:23:15 PM
Reply #503

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It sounds a bit mad and I love, love, love Barkley - but I can understand why other people don't rate him.

In a conversation with a pain in the arse Spurs fan about Delli Alli and Barkley I said they were the two most promising England midfielders. He came back with "Promising? Delli Alli's already delivering mate, week in, week out, how much longer is Barkley going to be promising before you realise he's never gonna live up to it?"

I had to agree with the consistency aspect (which hurts), I just hope the new manager gets the best out of our Ross, because it's all there for him if he wants it.

Anyways:

Last game - great result
Howard - great send off
Naismith - great lad
Rhino & Joe - great Evertonians
Performance - great change
New manager - great hopes
Youngsters - great expectations

Everton - we WILL be great again!
We are notoriously harsh on our own

Heres a comparison of Barkley, Dele Alli and world player of the year*, Coutinho

There isnt a lot between Barkley and Dele Alli at all. The media have fell in love with Dele Alli, our own fans dont appreciate what a talent Barkley is already and could be so what chance has he got winning over other teams fans

* According to @Shogun and Garth Crooks' team of the year centre midfielder

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#|premier_league/2015/2016/dele_alli/165/165/18185/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/philippe_coutinho/165/165/2673/0/p#total_passes/successful_passes/key_passes/assists/chances_created/goals_scored/total_shots/shot_accuracy#total
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:24:33 PM by Jimmywhack »

May 16, 2016, 05:29:21 PM
Reply #504

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Well Once again that fucking link didnt work
So accroding to squawka heres the stats

Games played Barkley 38, DA 33 PC 26
Total Passes B 1776 DA 1075 PC 1081
Succesful Passes B 1530 DA 813 PC 852
Key Passes B47 DA 46 PC 44
Assists B 8 DA 9 PC 5
Chances Created B 55 DA 54 PC 49
Goals B 8 DA 10 PC 8
Shots B 95 DA 74 PC 111

May 16, 2016, 05:41:26 PM
Reply #505

Toddacelli

We are notoriously harsh on our own

Heres a comparison of Barkley, Dele Alli and world player of the year*, Coutinho

There isnt a lot between Barkley and Dele Alli at all. The media have fell in love with Dele Alli, our own fans dont appreciate what a talent Barkley is already and could be so what chance has he got winning over other teams fans

* According to @Shogun and Garth Crooks' team of the year centre midfielder

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#|premier_league/2015/2016/dele_alli/165/165/18185/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/philippe_coutinho/165/165/2673/0/p#total_passes/successful_passes/key_passes/assists/chances_created/goals_scored/total_shots/shot_accuracy#total

I stand corrected - said the man in the orthopoedic shoe.

I've had a look at the stats and there are areas where each outperforms the other but on the whole I am surprised with how favourably Barkley compares.

Maybe I am buying into the bias against our own players? I didn't think I was that guy! I don't wanna be that guy!

But the games I've seen (and most on here wil have seen more than me), I have come away with the impression that if Barkley could just raise his game 10% then he could be like Ronaldo (the original of course, not the Portuguese pretender).

May 16, 2016, 05:48:23 PM
Reply #506

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

I've had a look at the stats and there are areas where each outperforms the other but on the whole I am surprised with how favourably Barkley compares.

Maybe I am buying into the bias against our own players? I didn't think I was that guy! I don't wanna be that guy!

But the games I've seen (and most on here wil have seen more than me), I have come away with the impression that if Barkley could just raise his game 10% then he could be like Ronaldo (the original of course, not the Portuguese pretender).
Like @GLewis said, I cant wait for a new manager to get hold of him. I think he could be anything he wants to be honest, i do however think he will drop deeper and dele alli will in general stay further forward

May 17, 2016, 11:32:51 PM
Reply #507

Toddacelli

Like @GLewis said, I cant wait for a new manager to get hold of him. I think he could be anything he wants to be honest, i do however think he will drop deeper and dele alli will in general stay further forward

I agree that it is the likely position he will develop into, however, I'd love to see him further forward, shooting from around the box and causing problems.

May 18, 2016, 06:03:10 PM
Reply #508

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Well Once again that fucking link didnt work
So accroding to squawka heres the stats

Games played Barkley 38, DA 33 PC 26
Total Passes B 1776 DA 1075 PC 1081
Succesful Passes B 1530 DA 813 PC 852
Key Passes B47 DA 46 PC 44
Assists B 8 DA 9 PC 5
Chances Created B 55 DA 54 PC 49
Goals B 8 DA 10 PC 8
Shots B 95 DA 74 PC 111

The thing is like everything the media is very of the 'now'.  Most of Ross' goals and assists came in the first half of the season, and compared to that the second half has been a bit disappointing.  On the whole though he's had a good season stats wise.

Like you've both said, with a new manager we'll hopefully be able to see a properly fit Ross make a step up again, and be the player everyone wants him to be and be back to shooting from everywhere.
I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!