June 20, 2018, 10:37:14 PM

Author Topic: Man City v Everton  (Read 18423 times)

August 21, 2017, 06:03:29 PM
Reply #75

Macca77

Do we think Sigurdsson will make the bench then?

Koeman said Sigurdsson will be involved tonight

August 21, 2017, 07:05:39 PM
Reply #76

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Pleased to see Koeman mention we've been doing work on what we need to do when we have the ball.

We're solid but it's a long match if we just give the ball away all the time.

Whatever the formation (I'm not bothered about a back 3 here where we'll be defending quite a lot - it's worse when we need to dominate possession) we need to make sure they have some spells where they have to get back in their own half and bring players back.

August 21, 2017, 07:27:12 PM
Reply #77

mikey_blue

Pleased to see Koeman mention we've been doing work on what we need to do when we have the ball.

We're solid but it's a long match if we just give the ball away all the time.

Whatever the formation (I'm not bothered about a back 3 here where we'll be defending quite a lot - it's worse when we need to dominate possession) we need to make sure they have some spells where they have to get back in their own half and bring players back.

Good point, I think 3 at the back might stifle their full-backs bombing forward as much. It won't do fuck all else though lol.

August 21, 2017, 07:29:48 PM
Reply #78

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just bang it over the top and let Sandro stretch them I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 21, 2017, 07:36:30 PM
Reply #79

Marky Mark and the funky

Just bang it over the top and let Sandro stretch them I think.

Just get Pickford to be a wizard with playground-esque drop-kicks and let Sandro stretch them I think.

August 21, 2017, 07:37:38 PM
Reply #80

BlueNoseMike

We look more and more harder to beat and as far removed from a Martinez team as possible with every passing game. I fancy us to keep a lot of clean sheets just by being tight at the back and having midfielders that can defend and put a shift in (ie not Barkley, Del, etc, although Ross did improve last year).

Don't expect us to keep one tonight though, or win, or even get anything. But I'm less and less fearful of a mauling as kick off aproaches. If it was a 1 or 2 nil then I suppose we just accept it and move on. City are going to steam roll over a lot of teams this season. More optimistic about the Chelsea and Spurs games and reckon we can get 4 points from them games.

August 21, 2017, 07:47:38 PM
Reply #81

Ross

Our last 10 league games away to City have seen us win 3, draw 3 and lose 4.

They're hardly our bogey team.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 21, 2017, 07:49:33 PM
Reply #82

Lxxx

We're probably at a better level of fitness than them and they have a few new players bedding in at the back. Let's not be too defeatist, if we go there and keep it tight we've got a decent chance of a result. They have a lot of ability but not too many leaders so we just need to get stuck into them and see how the match progresses.

August 21, 2017, 07:53:35 PM
Reply #83

Marky Mark and the funky

As much as we do not want to face them, especially at their ground and this early on; do you think they are happy to be playing us either?

We've had a head start in competitive fixtures, if we are ever gonna do 'em this season, it might as well be now.

Measure extra games played vs extra sharpness and Koeman has been rotating so far!

August 21, 2017, 07:54:59 PM
Reply #84

blob

positive mental attitude   :thumbsup:

August 21, 2017, 08:03:18 PM
Reply #85

Gary1878

I really don't want to see us playing 3 at the back. We are far more comfortable playing a 4-5-1, and although we are good defensively with a 3-5-2 or wingbacks, our attacking threat has been poor every time we have lined up with this.

August 21, 2017, 08:34:30 PM
Reply #86

Ravardo

positive mental attitude   :thumbsup:

Thats what i like to hear ive just stuck 20 on 11/1 for us to win :woohoo:

August 21, 2017, 08:47:21 PM
Reply #87

blob

Thats what i like to hear ive just stuck 20 on 11/1 for us to win :woohoo:

decent odds for a 2 horse race. good luck.

August 21, 2017, 09:04:51 PM
Reply #88

Lazarou

What's not to look forward to, unbeaten so far this season, mean defence and a club record signing. Great time to play them as well.

Looking forward to see what Sigurdsson can bring to the team if he gets on.

Sky said on the Spurs vs Chelsea game that chelsea scored 24 from set pieces last season, Swansea had 20 mainly to with our new man. We had 14 I believe, extra 6 to 10 goals can make a huge difference to us.

August 21, 2017, 09:58:17 PM
Reply #89

Lincs Toffee

We need Rooney and Co. to be drawing some fouls if Sigurdsson is on the field, as I feel that could be our only chance to get something.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean