October 22, 2018, 08:57:11 AM

Author Topic: Newcastle V Everton.  (Read 14289 times)

December 12, 2017, 02:09:08 AM
Reply #30

Alanvideo

The more we get Rooney on the ball with runners in front of him, the better we are in attack.

Rooney deserves a ton of credit for yesterday. He basically only had one opportunity like that and managed to play a perfect ball for Calvert-Lewin. We don’t score it he doesn’t absolutely nail that pass.
.............that's right but credit to Kenny for clearing the ball to Rooney in the first place.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 12, 2017, 02:10:56 AM
Reply #31

Alanvideo

They made a (successful) submission that the turnstiles for the away section at the top of the stand were the only ones where fans could be adequately segregated coming out of the stadium...
..............apparently they have until next season to rectify that ,maybe they're banking on being relegated .

December 12, 2017, 02:42:35 AM
Reply #32

American Evertonian

..............apparently they have until next season to rectify that ,maybe they're banking on being relegated .

Not a bad gamble on their part.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 12, 2017, 03:15:33 AM
Reply #33

MmmblueBernard

ĎKin hate Newcastle. Deluded bellends.

Hope we smash em.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 12, 2017, 05:47:57 AM
Reply #34

therealdunc

Itís a cert Rafa will focus on Martina as our weakest link, whatever you think of Rafa he always focuses on opposing teams obvious failings and Martina playing out of position is ours.

Newcastle this season have struggled against teams who use the flanks so itís essential at least one of Rooney or Gilfy is moved and replaced with Lennon/Mirallas/Lookman/Vlasic

I would also consider dropping DCL, not because he has done anything wrong but Newcastle donít suffer from his type of player, they struggle far more against pace and Niasse or Sandro could be a better option.

I also think we need to be careful with fatigue.
We could see the game against Huddersfield we suffered with fatigue after 2 games in 4 days, the same could be true on Wednesday.

We have a few players like Schneiderlin who could fresheners us up by replacing Davies who was our worst player vs Liverpool.

Blue

December 12, 2017, 06:37:15 AM
Reply #35

gizzblue

Would like to see a bit of rotation but still the same set up ....with  bit more in attack obvs...442 could work well against these.

December 12, 2017, 02:07:22 PM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I would still play DCL because heís better than Niasse and Sandro canít even make the bench atm.

Bring NIASSE* on if weíre pushing and need someone to toey it in.

Hopefully weíll be playing further up the pitch, Rooney on the ball and Sigurdsson arriving in the box or on the edge of the D.

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Cuco

Davies Gana Rooney

Lennon DCL Sigurdsson
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:16:14 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 12, 2017, 02:13:14 PM
Reply #37

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I would still play DCL because heís better than Niasse and Sandro canít even make the bench atm.

Bring Sandro on if weíre pushing and need someone to toey it in.

Hopefully weíll be playing further up the pitch, Rooney on the ball and Sigurdsson arriving in the box or on the edge of the D.

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Cuco

Davies Gana Rooney

Lennon DCL Sigurdsson
Think thereís a chance that Schneiderlin will come in for Davies.

December 12, 2017, 02:42:25 PM
Reply #38

Alanvideo

I would still play DCL because he’s better than Niasse and Sandro can’t even make the bench atm.

Bring Sandro on if we’re pushing and need someone to toey it in.

Hopefully we’ll be playing further up the pitch, Rooney on the ball and Sigurdsson arriving in the box or on the edge of the D.

..............Sandro was said to be 'injured ' for the Cyprus trip and wasn't even in the squad for the U23's yesterday. Somehow don't think we'll see him again.

December 12, 2017, 02:45:59 PM
Reply #39

Macca77

Id say this is a certainty

December 12, 2017, 03:14:56 PM
Reply #40

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Quite possibly, seems to definitely be trying to be worked back into the fold. Davies was really poor in the derby as well.

So

Gueye Schneiderlin Rooney
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 12, 2017, 03:18:42 PM
Reply #41

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
..............Sandro was said to be 'injured ' for the Cyprus trip and wasn't even in the squad for the U23's yesterday. Somehow don't think we'll see him again.

Agree yeah, meant bring Niasse on sorry.

December 12, 2017, 04:50:45 PM
Reply #42

ally2

Quite possibly, seems to definitely be trying to be worked back into the fold. Davies was really poor in the derby as well.

So

Gueye Schneiderlin Rooney

That's a strong midfield. With time it could work nicely

December 12, 2017, 04:55:46 PM
Reply #43

bogie

I would also consider dropping DCL, not because he has done anything wrong but Newcastle don’t suffer from his type of player, they struggle far more against pace and Niasse or Sandro could be a better option.

I would put money really money on DLC being quicker than both of them

December 12, 2017, 06:00:04 PM
Reply #44

Macca77

Did'nt realise Allardyce had a run in Rafa when he was manager of shite, just been asked about in his presser, he said this

"If they want a drink, or if they donít want a drink [after the game] thatís fine," said the Toffees manager.

"We beat him and he didnít like it. If itís mind games, you can say that. At that particular time, Liverpool werenít supposed to lose to Bolton. But people didnít know how good Bolton were at the time."