0 (0%)
McGeady
0 (0%)
Lukaku
21 (36.8%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Everton v Manchester City  (Read 22212 times)

January 11, 2015, 01:00:55 AM
Reply #495

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I had almost forgot what it was like to enjoy being inside Goodison.

January 11, 2015, 01:04:07 AM
Reply #496

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Oh Andrei Kanchelskis waved at me, I proper fanboy swooned, he's a unit now but he's still fucking boss.

January 11, 2015, 01:08:55 AM
Reply #497

charlatan

They are now.  Fucking Pardew the cock

January 11, 2015, 01:13:56 AM
Reply #498

itsmyprtyanimromelulukaku

oops sorry thought this was the match day thread
"A relegation battle doesn't start until about ten games to go and by then we won't be anyway near it" Ross 14.01.15 i fuckin hope so lad

January 11, 2015, 01:31:51 AM
Reply #499

blueski

thought our biggest crime apart from gifting them a soft goal was not getting the ball to lukaku's feet way more often
Nil Satis

January 11, 2015, 01:32:46 AM
Reply #500

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Our game is match one on game of the day at 8pm, so anyone who missed the match (like me) high five!
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 11, 2015, 01:33:46 AM
Reply #501

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
thought our biggest crime apart from gifting them a soft goal was not getting the ball to lukaku's feet way more often

We did it more than we usually have done this season to be fair.

January 11, 2015, 01:33:48 AM
Reply #502

The Analog Kid

Thought we were great today.

The only two "gripes" would be Barry looks shot and has run out of ideas, and Barkley looks lost and needs some fresh impetus. Other than that that side today is going in the right direction, the one we know what they're capable of. Coleman and Baines were back to their normal selves, Robles was full of confidence, Lukaku is just becoming a pest and are we now seeing what Besic is all about? I thought he was great, never gave the City midfield/defence a minutes peace.

We deserved a win today, couldn't give a fuck what their fans or pundits say, they don't like coming here.

Cunts.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 01:34:15 AM by The Analog Kid »

January 11, 2015, 02:21:37 AM
Reply #503

Evertonian in NC

Robles deserves a metric fuckton of credit, he's really turned it around the last two games (which have represented 8-level goalkeeping, in my book).

Narrowly gave MotM to Lukaku, both he and Besic were fantastic today.  Stones also very good.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 11, 2015, 02:25:21 AM
Reply #504

Evertonian in NC

I think a draw was a fair result.  They created more chances, we created better chances.  Watching them play, I think they have more quality than Chelski, and those two are miles ahead of everyone else.  Proud that we brought our A (well, A-) game today, and stood toe-to-toe with them.

Nice to enjoy a Saturday for a fucking change, thanks Toffees!!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 11, 2015, 02:29:15 AM
Reply #505

Thom

Administrator
Much brighter and hard working performance from the team. Everyone looked sharper, more mobile and pressed higher up the park, which was great to see.

I'm apprehensive about West Brom coming to Goodison next Monday as, unlike today, they'll sit deep and we'll have to find a way to break through their defensive mentality, which will be difficult as the players aren't full of confidence naturally.

Beating West Ham on Tuesday, which will be difficult as it's West Ham and it's away from home, and getting an early goal next Monday, before going on to win that game too, would do wonders for us, but I'm sure everyone is feeling cautiously optimistic after today's showing.

January 11, 2015, 02:42:02 AM
Reply #506

Evertonian in NC

Biggest difference I've seen this week, is everybody looks proud to be playing for the Everton shirt again.  We all needed to see that.  My spirits are much, much better as a result.

January 11, 2015, 02:49:42 AM
Reply #507

ally2

Much, much better today. To get s point was a decent result but to get some sort of performance too was really good news. I was largely happy with most of the team and would give extra praise to Besic, Lukaku, Barry and Stones. It really is quite astonishing how good John Stones is and I fear he will be the one that teams will be after in a year or so.

Upon reflection though, every result went against us today and the reality is that despite a better performance, we are three points of relegation with one of the bottom three, Hull, having comfortably beaten us less than two weeks ago.

January 11, 2015, 03:19:07 AM
Reply #508

Gash

Global Moderator
West Ham replay is the best thing that can happen. Confidence is growing so the more games the better at the moment, a cup win on Tuesday will set us up nicely and build a bit more confidence for the weeks ahead.

January 11, 2015, 03:19:54 AM
Reply #509

Everton Mint

Only negative for me today was Barkley. The poor lad was anonymous and doesn't seem to know what to with the ball, how to defend or where to be positionally. He's got no confidence and I dont see continuing to play him doing him any good at the moment.

He's a bit like Bilyaletdinov used to be in that he's mostly poor but comes up with the odd vital or amazing goal and we all love him and he gets away with it for another few weeks...