Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 79720 times)

October 31, 2017, 01:44:27 AM
Reply #690

Waltzer

Jamie Carragher claimed on Monday Night Football that Bill Kenwright and Farhad Moshiri are locked in a power struggle over the identity of the new Everton manager.

Everton have been linked with Watford boss Marco Silva as well as available duo Thomas Tuchel and Carlo Ancelotti.

“What I know about Everton is there is a major split at the top of the club,” Carragher told Sky Sports’ Monday Night Football programme in the build-up to Newcastle United’s Premier League clash against Burnley. “Bill Kenwright wants to give the job to Unsworth or a British manager like Dyche or Allardyce.

Moshiri is thinking differently. There is a new stadium [planned], £150million spent on new players this summer and he is looking at the next three to four years.”

deCoubertin

October 31, 2017, 01:45:33 AM
Reply #691

Cozzie

I'd have Tuchel at 10/1 all day.

October 31, 2017, 01:48:24 AM
Reply #692

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Jamie Carragher claimed on Monday Night Football that Bill Kenwright and Farhad Moshiri are locked in a power struggle over the identity of the new Everton manager.

Everton have been linked with Watford boss Marco Silva as well as available duo Thomas Tuchel and Carlo Ancelotti.

“What I know about Everton is there is a major split at the top of the club,” Carragher told Sky Sports’ Monday Night Football programme in the build-up to Newcastle United’s Premier League clash against Burnley. “Bill Kenwright wants to give the job to Unsworth or a British manager like Dyche or Allardyce.

Moshiri is thinking differently. There is a new stadium [planned], £150million spent on new players this summer and he is looking at the next three to four years.”

Not good to have top level people not on the same page (if that's true). We need to cut out any infighting. Seems to be a common theme with us recently though (Koeman/Walsh).

It's Moshiri bankrolling things so I'd have to imagine he gets the final word.

October 31, 2017, 01:58:02 AM
Reply #693

Waltzer

Not good to have top level people not on the same page (if that's true). We need to cut out any infighting. Seems to be a common theme with us recently though (Koeman/Walsh).

It's Moshiri bankrolling things so I'd have to imagine he gets the final word.
100% agree, although id argue that moshiri hasn't bankrolled anything, but that's for another time

October 31, 2017, 01:58:54 AM
Reply #694

dunkster

I wonder how appealing our squad looks to a potential manager?
Surely most managers (who maybe haven't watched much of our dross) would expect to get decent enough football from the names we have?
It's obvious within seconds to realise we haven't a striker but there's no reason our midfield shouldn't be able to perform 100 tines better.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

October 31, 2017, 02:00:58 AM
Reply #695

dunkster

And yeah I know our defense is looking very sluggish at moment but we have Coleman to return and I imagine Baines is still highly regarded to a manager who hasn't watched him this year.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

October 31, 2017, 02:04:27 AM
Reply #696

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
So Carragher is quoting the Mirror article from the other day as his opinion? Great insight JC
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 31, 2017, 02:05:47 AM
Reply #697

gizzblue

So Carragher is quoting the Mirror article from the other day as his opinion? Great insight JC
Typical punditry they all do it .

October 31, 2017, 05:07:33 PM
Reply #698

BlueForYou

If it's to be an English manager: Nigel Pearson

Leicester were already on a roll when he left and avoided relegation after being bottom at Christmas in 2014

Is it fair to say that Leicester wouldn't have won the Premier League if they hadn't replaced him with Ranieri?

Pearson built that team and also appointed the backroom staff including Steve Walsh

He'll be overlooked, though

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 31, 2017, 05:24:24 PM
Reply #699

Macca77

Are you for real? Nigel Pearson, seriously?

October 31, 2017, 06:02:27 PM
Reply #700

BlueForYou

A better bet than any other Anglo manager -

Allardyce, Dyche, Howe, Monk

List the negatives about Pearson and then the negatives about the other English candidates

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 31, 2017, 06:06:40 PM
Reply #701

BlueForYou

A good captain as a player as well - strong leader

Harry Catterick

October 31, 2017, 06:08:04 PM
Reply #702

GrantyBoy78

Are you for real? Nigel Pearson, seriously?
Are you an ostrich?

October 31, 2017, 06:20:10 PM
Reply #703

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
New lows this surely
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 31, 2017, 06:21:33 PM
Reply #704

Hawkandro

Paul Jewell's free.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.