November 18, 2017, 03:31:27 AM

Author Topic: Is Landon available for Carlisle?  (Read 2832 times)

December 28, 2009, 11:22:04 PM
Read 2832 times

Chris

Administrator
Would like to see Vaughany start aswell.

deCoubertin

December 28, 2009, 11:25:18 PM
Reply #1

Flusky

December 28, 2009, 11:32:13 PM
Reply #2

Toffee_for_life

Might sound stupid but I can't wait for this game.

Living in the lake district I have a fair few mates who are Carlisle fan's (i've always had a soft spot for them myself) so taking the trip with them. They have sold out their 6-7 thousands tickets so should be a good atmosphere if we can get a big crowd going.

Would love to see Donovan get a run out along with Coleman and Vaughan. But please not too many changes, the last thing I need is the trip home with a car full of Carlisle fans if we play all the kids and lose!

December 28, 2009, 11:38:59 PM
Reply #3

Blake

When does Yak leave? With Jo & Saha carry injuries Vaughan may well get a run. Can't see Landon not getting at a run out. When does he join up with the squad? If he has only just met up with the team Moyes may start him on the bench.

December 28, 2009, 11:41:46 PM
Reply #4

Carmella

When does Yak leave? With Jo & Saha carry injuries Vaughan may well get a run. Can't see Landon not getting at a run out. When does he join up with the squad? If he has only just met up with the team Moyes may start him on the bench.

Apparently Donovan is meant to be joining us on 1st jan but you never know he could already be over training with the lads and be ready for a game against Carlisle.

December 29, 2009, 12:29:44 AM
Reply #5

Endless, Nameless

Perfect game for him as he should be match fit, but there's not as much risk as it's an FA cup tie against lower league opposition. A good chance to test him out.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 29, 2009, 02:25:57 AM
Reply #6

Meak

Donovan  :) i hope he does well
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

December 29, 2009, 02:29:38 AM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
I would imagine Yak is going tomorrow. Most of the African players seem to be leaving their clubs after today.

I don't think Moyes would have any worries playing Donovan, he should fit, and would be a nice level of opposition for him to break the ice.

Anyone know if Yobo is going too, or is he still injured?

December 29, 2009, 02:35:51 AM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The os has Yobo down as early 2010, with Rodwell as being mid Jan. So I'd imagine he isn't going to the ACN.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 29, 2009, 07:40:50 AM
Reply #9

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
AFCON starts about the 10th January. SO Yobo will go. he is the captain too.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 29, 2009, 08:46:22 AM
Reply #10

American Evertonian

I would be shocked if Donovan didn't get a run out.  I just hope Moyes doesn't try to put Donovan in an odd position that he is not accustomed to.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 29, 2009, 07:59:48 PM
Reply #11

Rhys

Might sound stupid but I can't wait for this game.

Living in the lake district I have a fair few mates who are Carlisle fan's (i've always had a soft spot for them myself) so taking the trip with them. They have sold out their 6-7 thousands tickets so should be a good atmosphere if we can get a big crowd going.

Would love to see Donovan get a run out along with Coleman and Vaughan. But please not too many changes, the last thing I need is the trip home with a car full of Carlisle fans if we play all the kids and lose!

I doubt we will have a huge crowd. We will probably have about 20000 and them 7000, I would be surprised if it was over 30,000. And as always there will be no atmosphere from our fans especially against someone who the crowd expect to beat 4-0.

December 29, 2009, 11:11:27 PM
Reply #12

efc_1878

Donovan will not be available for the Carlisle game. Moyes said in his programme notes yesturday.

December 30, 2009, 01:31:47 AM
Reply #13

toffee_scot

Let's just hope this doesn't become another Oldham. I think Moyes will field his strongest team possible, I don't expect Donovan to feature much in the game or in the next few games.

December 30, 2009, 02:52:57 AM
Reply #14

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Let's just hope this doesn't become another Oldham. I think Moyes will field his strongest team possible, I don't expect Donovan to feature much in the game or in the next few games.

Well he'd better feature in some of the up coming games as he's only here for 2 and a half months!

Moyes said he wanted players who can hit the ground running, that suggests that whoever comes in will be involved straight away.