November 25, 2017, 10:11:59 AM

Author Topic: Made up with the 3 points but.....  (Read 3962 times)

December 29, 2009, 03:54:39 AM
Read 3962 times

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
.. am I the only one who's still worried that we struggled to put away one of the worst teams in the league at home even when they had 10 men?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

deCoubertin

December 29, 2009, 03:58:07 AM
Reply #1

Chazman

I'd be more worried if we weren't creating anything.Plenty of chances today and should have won by a country mile.I think we had 16 shots on target and 8 off target.We just need that rub of the green and players with more games under their belt.
"I fuckin love this club"

December 29, 2009, 04:23:31 AM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

Some of them shots were long-range efforts and set-pieces though, Chazzer. From a creativity point of view, we're pretty shit at the moment. Even Pienaar looked off-colour today if we're honest, bar his goal, and he's one of maybe two or three that look at all dangerous (Bily and Felli being the others, provided the Russian's up for it). The rest of our players are non-creative.

By the way, while we're on it, Leon Osman is not a creative player. That's a myth. He was shite again today and can only seem to pass sideways or backwards. Scared to carry a fucking ball and can't get anywhere near the target with a shot from the edge of the box. Fucking disgraceful. Rant over 09.

December 29, 2009, 04:25:24 AM
Reply #3

van der Meyde

Shots and chances are not the same thing. Not by a long way.

December 29, 2009, 04:32:27 AM
Reply #4

Murf666

We are coming out of a terrible run.  We just need to click a bit more.  The fact that we are creating chances and also now scoring them is good. 

I was made up with a clean sheet too.  We just need to do it against better opposition now.

Rimbo, you must have been watching a different Osman to me.  I thought he was really good today.

There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

December 29, 2009, 04:36:49 AM
Reply #5

Chazman

Osman,Pienaar and the Yak all just back from injury.They look a little ring rusty and when they have games under their belt there will be a difference.VDM, disagree mate.A shot on target has got to be a chance.If it's not on target,well,there is no chance is there

December 29, 2009, 04:36:53 AM
Reply #6

Thom

Administrator
Some of them shots were long-range efforts and set-pieces though, Chazzer. From a creativity point of view, we're pretty shit at the moment. Even Pienaar looked off-colour today if we're honest, bar his goal, and he's one of maybe two or three that look at all dangerous (Bily and Felli being the others, provided the Russian's up for it). The rest of our players are non-creative.

By the way, while we're on it, Leon Osman is not a creative player. That's a myth. He was shite again today and can only seem to pass sideways or backwards. Scared to carry a fucking ball and can't get anywhere near the target with a shot from the edge of the box. Fucking disgraceful. Rant over 09.

lolol

Forgotten his effort from the edge of the box against Sunderland just two days ago? Deary me...

December 29, 2009, 04:41:44 AM
Reply #7

.Rimbo.

Haven't actually seen the Sunderland game, I was in work. He's bound to get it right every now and then, but it's his fucking job. To say he's a "creative" Premiership midfielder, his shot in the first half from the edge of the box which nearly hit the corner flag was an absolute embarrassment.

December 29, 2009, 04:46:02 AM
Reply #8

Thom

Administrator
Right, so we'll use your argument against you then: he's bound to get it horribly wrong every now and then.

He can carry a ball, he quite clearly can pass and he can score goals. Honestly, the over-reaction towards some players is ridiculous.

December 29, 2009, 04:49:24 AM
Reply #9

Connavar

To be fair, IMO for what they are, Burnley aren't the worst team in our league. They're a tough team that stops the opposition playing football incredibly well, and have a genuine threat when going forward in Fletcher and Eagles. We played well today. We should have had the game buried in the first half, but I expected a tough game today. After the win, the clean sheet was the important thing for me!

December 29, 2009, 04:51:54 AM
Reply #10

.Rimbo.

Right, so we'll use your argument against you then: he's bound to get it horribly wrong every now and then.

He can carry a ball, he quite clearly can pass and he can score goals. Honestly, the over-reaction towards some players is ridiculous.

Yes, but not so far wrong. I could take 100 carbon-copies of that shot and wouldn't once get it near the corner flag, and I'm not on £30,000 a week, nor am I the "brickwork of Everton".

He can't carry a ball. He receives the ball and the whole of the Gwladys/Park End have to scream bloody murder before he starts tentatively jogging forward, before taking on four players and giving it to the side to Felli' or someone. His passes are telegraphed and to say he's a creative midfielder, I can't remember his last assist, or even attempted through ball, and his passing range is rather poor. You see one thing, I see another.

To my eyes though, he's an atrocity of a footballer.

December 29, 2009, 04:53:13 AM
Reply #11

Chazman

To be fair, IMO for what they are, Burnley aren't the worst team in our league. They're a tough team that stops the opposition playing football incredibly well, and have a genuine threat when going forward in Fletcher and Eagles. We played well today. We should have had the game buried in the first half, but I expected a tough game today. After the win, the clean sheet was the important thing for me!
Exactly.After what we have witnessed recently today has got to be a positive and anyone who can't see improvement needs to have a word

December 29, 2009, 05:01:24 AM
Reply #12

Gumpinio

I thought Osman was the worst player for us today, I was shocked when he stayed on the pitch when Vaughan came on.  And his shot against Sunderland wasn't a goal, with no keeper it wouldn't have been a goal, he hit the post.

Anyway, its a great relief to see them win a game after such a long wait (and a clean sheet aswell), I was hopeing that this could be the start of a decent run, shame our next game in the league is at the Emirates, but I thought we'd be embarressed when we went to Stamford Bridge.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

December 29, 2009, 05:09:07 AM
Reply #13

ForzaItalia

yeah but a win can kick start some confidence, so if we continue to play the same way we have been then we should start putting more chances away

I agree. We've been playing some nice stuff recently, our final ball has been a bit disappointing and we've been wasteful in front of goal, but we're keeping it on the floor, keeping possesion and things are looking a lot brighter.

There's a bit of light at the end of the injury tunnel, Felli is finally looking like a 15 million player, Yakubu is looking fitter every week and we kept a clean sheet today.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

December 29, 2009, 07:36:19 AM
Reply #14

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Hope we beat Arsenal and with Cesc out as well as their African contingent gone, we should be able to match them and possible get a win.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...