November 21, 2017, 04:32:41 PM

Author Topic: Made up with the 3 points but.....  (Read 3954 times)

December 29, 2009, 07:49:30 AM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Steady on Confucious, Moyes will have a heart attack hearing that
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

deCoubertin

December 29, 2009, 11:49:51 AM
Reply #16

huck

To be fair, IMO for what they are, Burnley aren't the worst team in our league. They're a tough team that stops the opposition playing football incredibly well, and have a genuine threat when going forward in Fletcher and Eagles. We played well today. We should have had the game buried in the first half, but I expected a tough game today. After the win, the clean sheet was the important thing for me!

Agree. Some people were actually calling for Duffy to be played in defence that would have been a huge lack of respect. They players did well today not the best performance of the last few games but we broke them down and got the result and that is all that matters.
Le Berry

December 29, 2009, 03:16:21 PM
Reply #17

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
As was said, if we hadn't looked like scoring at all in the game I would have been worried. However we should have been out of sight in the first half.

It was much like the B'ham game, our lack of form plays on our confidence which means that as we tire the level of play also drops. In this game we had Vaughan's impetus to give us a spark which pushed us over the line.

December 30, 2009, 07:49:54 AM
Reply #18

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Steady on Confucious, Moyes will have a heart attack hearing that

lolol
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 30, 2009, 03:49:26 PM
Reply #19

ilikebrunettes

Hope we beat Arsenal and with Cesc out as well as their African contingent gone, we should be able to match them and possible get a win.

what contingent? Alex Song.... Dont get your hopes up mate, with or withough Cesc their Midfield will still piss all over us
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

December 31, 2009, 06:57:25 AM
Reply #20

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
So no Song and Fabregas. I forgot toure and Adebayor not there any more but that is still the heart of their midfield gone.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 31, 2009, 07:30:04 AM
Reply #21

Weasel

it is a worrying thought, but plenty of fans will be overlooking that fact and will just be pleased with three points instead of the usual kick in the dick, but at the same time, can you really blame them? we've played shit and had little to actually be happy about for weeks, it's about time we had at least something to celebrate. But we do need to look at the bigger picture, we're stuggling badly even against the weakest teams, Cahill picked up an injury and we're half way through the season, it's gonna be a toughie even if the win kicks some confidence into the boys.

December 31, 2009, 05:28:11 PM
Reply #22

toffee_scot

I'm just happy we have the 3pts and it is a confidence boost, let's be honest, how many people would have taken a scrappy uninspiring 1-0 victory to us before the game? I'm sure the victory will provide a boost for the team.

December 31, 2009, 08:39:59 PM
Reply #23

Endless, Nameless

Yes, but not so far wrong. I could take 100 carbon-copies of that shot and wouldn't once get it near the corner flag, and I'm not on 30,000 a week, nor am I the "brickwork of Everton".

He can't carry a ball. He receives the ball and the whole of the Gwladys/Park End have to scream bloody murder before he starts tentatively jogging forward, before taking on four players and giving it to the side to Felli' or someone. His passes are telegraphed and to say he's a creative midfielder, I can't remember his last assist, or even attempted through ball, and his passing range is rather poor. You see one thing, I see another.

To my eyes though, he's an atrocity of a footballer.

It's a bloody good job, as well  :whistle:
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.