August 18, 2018, 04:20:25 AM

Author Topic: [News]Watford deny Everton a Silva lining  (Read 28625 times)

November 15, 2017, 02:32:21 PM
Reply #90

Jamokachi

What do you expect?

For people to cheer the fuck up.

November 15, 2017, 02:38:04 PM
Reply #91

Jamokachi

To be fair there’s not a great deal to be positive about at the moment. A very lucky 3 points last game up seems to have people papering over some very large cracks on the field, to say nothing of the general malaise around the club.

We’d all like to think things will improve with a new boss but until we appoint one I think it’s prudent to wait and see, bearing in mind the way this season has gone so far.

The attitude on here, and everywhere, goes beyond being "prudent". People are jumping all over the negatives, and not looking for positives. Happy to roll around in their own shit it seems.

It's not everyone, I accept, it's just a vocal core group. I obviously realise the irony in moaning about this.

I've had enough of it, I'm going on a positivity spree. Fuck you all, with rainbows.

November 15, 2017, 06:01:46 PM
Reply #92

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
There, there @Jamokachi I'm sure it will all come out in the wash...
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

November 15, 2017, 07:44:53 PM
Reply #94

Macca77

Silva will be our new manager fairly soon, Watford are just trying to play hardball, Southampton did the same, basically trying their best to save face.

November 15, 2017, 08:01:32 PM
Reply #95

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Silva will be our second manager in a few years that got his team relegated in the previous season #ambition

Also heard Watford are actually 1 point worse off this season than last season after the same amount of games, based on that, maybe we should be going for Mazzarri.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:02:48 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 15, 2017, 08:06:33 PM
Reply #96

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/everton-majority-shareholder-farhad-moshiri-intensify-efforts-prise-marco-silva-watford-1647423

"Moshiri is seemingly intent on recruiting a stellar name to take over from Koeman..."

If he's after a stellar name, how does Silva come into it?

November 15, 2017, 08:12:53 PM
Reply #97

Bluedylan

I'd suggest not taking anything in the IBNtimes too seriously. Especially when the content is pilfered from other outlets and cobbled together to make it look like a fresh article. Learn to filter out garbage sources in the media.

Back on topic, Watford could just say 'no' here, regardless of money. They do have that option and we'd have to swallow it.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 15, 2017, 08:13:59 PM
Reply #98

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
"Moshiri is seemingly intent on recruiting a stellar name to take over from Koeman..."

If he's after a stellar name, how does Silva come into it?

Silva - Silver - stars are silver - stellar is star.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 15, 2017, 08:16:09 PM
Reply #99

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wish people would stop saying he got hull relegated.

He didn't. He took them over when they were already adrift.

Hardly his fault they went down, is it.

November 15, 2017, 08:17:33 PM
Reply #100

velimski

27 points from 22 games Silva got at Hull.

Not too bad considering the pile of shite he inherited half way through the season.

November 15, 2017, 08:20:01 PM
Reply #101

Evertonian in NC

Blarg - just keep telling yourself this - a week or so ago, it looked a very real possibility that Sam Fucking Allardyce was coming here, to piss on our ashes.

At least it's not that, even if you're Silva-skeptical.  For the love of Christ, at least it's not that.

/and he absolutely did pull Hull out of the most hideous of death spirals, just didn't quite stick the landing
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 15, 2017, 08:22:53 PM
Reply #102

Bluedylan

27 points from 22 games Silva got at Hull.

Not too bad considering the pile of shite he inherited half way through the season.

And he was their third manager that season. They were an absolute mess when he arrived. Would've survived easily if Silva's points haul was projected across the season. Won his first four home games, beat Liverpool, beat Man Utd.

But no, he took them down. It was his fault. Let's just keep saying that over and over again, regardless of the context.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 15, 2017, 08:25:10 PM
Reply #103

Evertonian in NC

Didn't Hull also win like their first two matches?  That shows just how dire they were the 14 in between...
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 15, 2017, 08:39:01 PM
Reply #104

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Blarg - just keep telling yourself this - a week or so ago, it looked a very real possibility that Sam Fucking Allardyce was coming here, to piss on our ashes.

At least it's not that, even if you're Silva-skeptical.  For the love of Christ, at least it's not that.

/and he absolutely did pull Hull out of the most hideous of death spirals, just didn't quite stick the landing

That's not really a metric we should go by, "at least it's not Fat Sam" (interesting how in the midst of PC, people still call him that).

Hull were two points from safety when he took over. And 6 points from safety when he jumped ship.

As I say, if he's our new manager, then he has my backing until such time it all goes tits up again. Or until he is a great success and then fucks off to Barca next summer.