October 19, 2017, 08:55:28 AM

Author Topic: [News]Usmanov focused on Arsenal, not Everton  (Read 8406 times)

January 26, 2017, 12:06:21 AM
Read 8406 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Usmanov focused on Arsenal, not Everton

When Farhad Moshiri bought his 49.9% stake in Everton Football Club almost a year ago, many assumed that his business colleague and friend Alisher Usmanov would be joining him.

Source: Usmanov focused on Arsenal, not Everton

deCoubertin

January 26, 2017, 12:29:17 AM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

Yeah, the David Conn article revealed nothing new and said nothing interesting that wasn't already known. Bit of a disappointment for quite a reputable journo:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jan/25/everton-farhad-moshiri-alisher-usmanov-new-money-ownership
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

January 26, 2017, 01:01:30 AM
Reply #2

Major Clanger

Does anybody genuinely believe that Moshiri does anything without the blessing of Usmanov?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 26, 2017, 01:03:42 AM
Reply #3

sam of the south

Yeah, the David Conn article revealed nothing new and said nothing interesting that wasn't already known. Bit of a disappointment for quite a reputable journo:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jan/25/everton-farhad-moshiri-alisher-usmanov-new-money-ownership

It read to me like he was trying to stir up a story.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 26, 2017, 01:08:52 AM
Reply #4

Simon Paul

Administrator
Does anybody genuinely believe that Moshiri does anything without the blessing of Usmanov?

part of me does wonder

January 26, 2017, 01:13:42 AM
Reply #5

Major Clanger

part of me does wonder

I mean, we're talking about one of the richest oligarchs in the world and probably his most trusted lieutenant, and accountant.

Of course they'll formally deny any involvement as it would be against Premier League rules, just as Philip Green had had nothing to do with Everton.

January 26, 2017, 01:15:44 AM
Reply #6

Ridge

I think it's worth remembering not all articles and pieces of info are aimed at us individually, but that doesn't devalue them in a wider sense. The vast majority of the readership will not be Everton fans, or as knowledgeable about the subject as yourself.

If people like David Conn didn't write articles like this, I'm not convinced there are many others who would comment on the subject with as much honesty, integrity or knowledge. And often when I want to look back on things regarding the club, it will be articles like this that have the most accurate and valuable info. While we recall the elements in the present, details often become malleable or forgotten.

He knows the different mechanics, so he doesn't jump to falsehoods, that should be appreciated, if not always riveting.

January 26, 2017, 01:24:26 AM
Reply #7

Ross

Most interesting bit was this

at least one more signing expected for Ronald Koeman following the acquisitions of Morgan Schneiderlin, for 20m from Manchester United, and Ademola Lookman, 11m from Charlton Athletic.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 26, 2017, 02:52:50 AM
Reply #8

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I mean, we're talking about one of the richest oligarchs in the world and probably his most trusted lieutenant, and accountant.

Of course they'll formally deny any involvement as it would be against Premier League rules, just as Philip Green had had nothing to do with Everton.

What a load of bollocks you conspiracy theorists come up without the slightest knowledge of internal relationships.

January 26, 2017, 03:04:06 AM
Reply #9

Tinga

January 26, 2017, 03:04:24 AM
Reply #10

Major Clanger

What a load of bollocks you conspiracy theorists come up without the slightest knowledge of internal relationships.

Thank you for your contribution. We'll let you know.

January 26, 2017, 03:06:28 AM
Reply #11

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Thank you for your contribution. We'll let you know.

Please don't bother, nobody is interested in your fantasies.

January 26, 2017, 03:09:10 AM
Reply #12

Major Clanger

I don't think that means what you think it means, but we've seen worse. :)

January 26, 2017, 03:17:24 AM
Reply #13

BlueBeagle

Moshiri is a wealthy man in his own right (albeit as a result of ties to Usmanov) so for people to just assume he's nothing more than another mans puppet is a bit disrespectful IMO

January 26, 2017, 03:19:21 AM
Reply #14

Tinga

Is this real life?.