October 20, 2017, 01:19:11 AM

Author Topic: [News]Usmanov focused on Arsenal, not Everton  (Read 8431 times)

May 20, 2017, 03:40:48 AM
Reply #90

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We heard about it

Moshiri bought in

We heard a little more

Usmanov buys finch farm

A bit more

Usmanov hits the headlines in major power struggle.

Like I say, don't believe in coincidence at this level.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

deCoubertin

May 20, 2017, 03:42:02 AM
Reply #91

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking leap across the grand canyon of faith to link this to Everton

May 20, 2017, 03:47:11 AM
Reply #92

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
...............why can't he sell his shares ?

Who will buy 35% of shares in a team you can never control? And for astronomical prices where you will wait a long time to make your money back.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 20, 2017, 03:47:24 AM
Reply #93

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

More a leap across the space canyon like Ben Affleck did in the drilling machine in Armageddon.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

May 20, 2017, 03:49:32 AM
Reply #94

Lxxx

We heard about it

Moshiri bought in

We heard a little more

Usmanov buys finch farm

A bit more

Usmanov hits the headlines in major power struggle.

Like I say, don't believe in coincidence at this level.

I agree.

A doomed to failure very public power play just before the last game of the season. Probably just before Wenger announces his new contract and Koenke says no deal.
Where do you go after that if you're a billionaire used to being the main man and you happen to sponsor a rival who your business partner owns a controlling stake in?

It's not exactly a leap is it? More a plausible scenario which is entirely possible.

Of course it could be bullshit as well.

May 20, 2017, 03:50:34 AM
Reply #95

Ridge

Offer was made over a month ago and Kroenke didn't respond, not sure if this could demonstrate value of shares.

Usmanov tends not to go for majority shareholding, he could have easily got Arsenal quite a while back and there has been doubts cast that he would pass the fit and proper test, so seems a bit call my bluff.

Usmanov likes to play from the sidelines, he can exert influence without the responsibility of ownership. It's in the Financial Times which Usmanov often talks to, so would suspect that he wants it out there to increase pressure on board to sell to someone else or invest heavily. But not convinced he's anywhere near done with Kroenke yet.

May 20, 2017, 03:52:16 AM
Reply #96

Bob Sacamano

Dope-ass rumour this. Proper enjoying the ride.

May 20, 2017, 03:53:26 AM
Reply #97

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dope-ass rumour this. Proper enjoying the ride.

Had a few chengs and I'm totally on board.

Ibluminati.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 20, 2017, 03:56:59 AM
Reply #98

Bob Sacamano

Had a few chengs and I'm totally on board.

Ibluminati.

Ha same. Vaped and sitting here riding the wave and I thought that this is the most dope ass rumour of recent times and my man @brap2 is totally giving me what I want with the whole coincidental schtick

May 20, 2017, 03:58:56 AM
Reply #99

Lxxx

Knowing Arsenal's share price will take a hit if they don't qualify for the Champions League at weekend it might prove a good time for Koenke to take a 33% profit on his investment.

Either way I still wouldn't pay over 20m for Pickford.

May 20, 2017, 04:06:38 AM
Reply #100

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ha same. Vaped and sitting here riding the wave and I thought that this is the most dope ass rumour of recent times and my man @brap2 is totally giving me what I want with the whole coincidental schtick

May 20, 2017, 04:10:15 AM
Reply #101

Alanvideo

Who will buy 35% of shares in a team you can never control? And for astronomical prices where you will wait a long time to make your money back.
..................different people or institutions might want a stake in Arsenal FC and the shares may pay dividends or other benefits. For some people it's just somewhere to park money.
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 20, 2017, 04:46:01 AM
Reply #102

School of Science

More a leap across the space canyon like Ben Affleck did in the drilling machine in Armageddon.

.......Then... there's a chance...
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

May 20, 2017, 05:25:16 AM
Reply #103

Macca77

Analysis

Richard Conway, BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent

Alisher Usmanov has wanted control of Arsenal for some time.

A long-standing critic of the current board, he has attempted to curry favour with fans by calling for greater investment by Stan Kroenke. He believes the team should be performing at a much higher level.

Now, with questions swirling over Arsene Wenger's future and with a lack of Champions League football next season looking inevitable, he has made his move.

However, he has been rebuffed.

The big question is whether this was a final throw of the dice by Usmanov? And, with seemingly no prospect of Kroenke selling, will he turn his purchasing power towards another Premier League club?

May 20, 2017, 05:44:35 AM
Reply #104

MmmBlueRamirez

It's how we roll.

To be honest, when I read the first few sentences of the article on BBC sport about Kroenke knocking back Uzi the first thing that sprang to mind was Everton.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama