June 27, 2017, 05:34:02 PM

Author Topic: Emil Forsberg  (Read 1962 times)

April 29, 2017, 12:49:20 AM
Read 1962 times

Ridge

Not seen anything linked, but think he'd be a good fit if not targeted by more PL clubs above us, seemingly Arsenal.

Leipzig have had a superb season, Naby Keita is being linked with a move to the RS, and Timo Werner has been linked with Arsenal and Real Madrid. All of Leipzig's best players are probably on relatively small wages and seems likely many would be keen on a move.

At 25, Forsberg is a few years older than Keita and Werner, but he has the most assists of any player in europe's top leagues with 15, and has also contributed 8 goals. He's winning 1 in 3 MOTM awards and averaging a goal or assist per game, has been voted Sweden Midfielder of the year twice and is in with a shout for Bundesliga player of the season this season.

Keita is a Kante/Gueye type player, technically skillful and tenacious out of possession and breaking up play. Werner is a hard working, strong finisher, but both are young and play a relatively simple and straight forward role.

The guile and the ability often comes from Forsberg, an unselfish and very energetic winger. It's an area we've struggled with since Bolasie got injured, but I think he also contrasts Bolasie well, as a player who is much less hollywood, but is more efficient and intelligent with movement and passes.

For me, he's the type of player that will adapt very well to the PL. Technically very good, quick, two footed, he has an eye for a pass and is heavily involved in games. He's been linked with the RS quite a lot, but he's similar to Lallana and they get linked with every player at some point, would think they would have other priorities.

Walsh is very on the ball with stats and values and I think we are now in a financial position to go and conclude business. Supposedly Forsberg had a release clause in his contract, but a new deal in february will have increased release clause and wages. I think it's only going to be PL clubs that are looking at him given the bigger price tag, but may also be put off by it. What seems a bit expensive, could well represent great value if it works out.

April 29, 2017, 01:33:10 AM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fantastic player, would love him here but can't see it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 29, 2017, 01:47:19 AM
Reply #2

Major Clanger

Sounds good, where do we need to sign? :)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

April 29, 2017, 01:59:13 AM
Reply #3

Ridge

April 29, 2017, 02:15:28 AM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

Yeah I heard Andy Brassell touting him for Everton on Danny Kelly's European football show this week.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

April 29, 2017, 02:44:55 AM
Reply #5

Ridge

Yeah I heard Andy Brassell touting him for Everton on Danny Kelly's European football show this week.

Is that talksport? Just a 'would be a good signing' type comment or was there a rumour or something?

April 29, 2017, 02:54:16 AM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fantastic player, would love him here but can't see it.

I'm thinking the same for 90% of the shouts on here :(

April 29, 2017, 02:57:48 AM
Reply #7

Hannibal Lecter

He has an agent that is actually very picky which teams his clients move to.
And that doesn't always mean he choose the team that offers the best wage but where the players potential has the biggest possibilty to bloom. That is how Forsberg ended up in RB Leipzig in the first place.
They had, according to the agent, better offer elsewhere moneywise but the agent told him that he would be better of footballwise in Leipzig. And right he was.....
Jönköpings Södra IF

April 29, 2017, 03:02:37 AM
Reply #8

blue slug

Bloody hell an agent who looks out for his players best interests, bet he isn't a father from Belgium then

April 29, 2017, 03:05:30 AM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm thinking the same for 90% of the shouts on here :(

I know, same here but you know what you never know. Moshiri has talked about closing the gap and only having a short time to do so. Wouldn't be surprised if we went and spent £40m of Rom's fee on someone mad.

Edit: NB: equally wouldn't be surprised if we spent less than we gained and bought 4-5 Europa league players and a few 19 year olds from Huddersfield.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:06:42 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 29, 2017, 03:09:15 AM
Reply #10

Hannibal Lecter

Bloody hell an agent who looks out for his players best interests, bet he isn't a father from Belgium then
I know. There are some glimmer of hope.
Jönköpings Södra IF

May 02, 2017, 01:40:57 PM
Reply #11

Toddacelli

Wasn't blown away by the YouTube vid.

Some good vision shown in some of the passes he picked but not a lot else I could see.

I am obviously shit at picking a player  :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 03, 2017, 03:30:08 PM
Reply #12

stirlingblue

He's played through the middle at times this season too as a proper playmaker

May 03, 2017, 03:52:34 PM
Reply #13

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

May 03, 2017, 04:23:11 PM
Reply #14

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If Arsenal get into CL then I can't see him coming to us.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/23/arsenal-prepare-20m-bid-for-rb-leipzig-midfielder-emil-forsberg-6591710/

Don't think it will make much difference either way, after all it's only the first time in 20 years that they've not been in it.

That weight of evidence is going to be a big problem against any of the teams above us who all have more experience of the CL than we do.