October 20, 2017, 01:21:09 AM

Author Topic: Jordan Pickford  (Read 21106 times)

May 09, 2017, 01:15:14 AM
Reply #45

Jay

Tbh I'm not totally sold on Pickford. He just feels a bit "flavor of the month"y. And seeing prices of 20-25 mil mentioned seems to high a British premium (which I am admittedly assuming is the case) to pay regardless of how much money is available. Would still prefer better value from the continent if I am honest, but should he sign...I'll be hoping I am wrong about him.

deCoubertin

May 09, 2017, 01:19:06 AM
Reply #46

D15TIN

Go out and get Butland, think Pickford is overrated faces 20 shots every week so he looks better, his distribution at goodison was poor and flapped at crosses, Butland for me, with Robles as a 2nd choice,
Stekelenburg can f*ck off, worse than paul gerrard.

May 09, 2017, 01:23:54 AM
Reply #47

Bluedylan

Incredibly hard choosing a keeper. As well as all the technical aspects of keeping, the mental side is probably more important than any other position. It's a position that we can all easily point out flaws and pick faults with, but it's not at all easy to identify someone who is going to be consistently good over a number of years.

Even the best managers around have signed promising keepers who have gone on to be woeful or have completely lost confidence (Taibi). I don't envy Walsh and Koeman in making their choice, but I'll back their judgement and will also assume that a lot more thought has gone into it than just picking a flavour of the month keeper.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

May 09, 2017, 01:25:04 AM
Reply #48

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Feels like this happens every season, where a goalkeeper for struggling team gets glowing reviews because of all the opportunities they've had to save shots.

Can't remember too many of them getting picked up and continuing that form.

...Oh wait - Adam Bogdan and Simon Mignolet :whistle:

And Joel carried on his form too :whistle:

May 09, 2017, 01:25:30 AM
Reply #49

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Pickord is hardly flavour of the month, he has been in and around all England's age groups and been highly rated for a while now

Simply simply lovely

May 09, 2017, 01:27:34 AM
Reply #50

D15TIN

Still think Joels a good keeper, weve won 1 in 14 with Stekelenburg, Robles shouldnt have been dropped - weve had our best run of form under koeman with him in goal

May 09, 2017, 01:30:54 AM
Reply #51

trueevertonianpaul

Wasn't the majority of   evertonians against buying robles from relegated club. Wigan ffs. Pickford on the other hand is brilliant or is he like robles, potential???
I have nothing against pickford but guys if u want have a better season next year u need a top top keeper. Yet again proven.

May 09, 2017, 01:36:27 AM
Reply #52

D15TIN

Wasn't the majority of   evertonians against buying robles from relegated club. Wigan ffs. Pickford on the other hand is brilliant or is he like robles, potential???
I have nothing against pickford but guys if u want have a better season next year u need a top top keeper. Yet again proven.

Robles was bought as cover for Howard at the time, not to be number 1

May 09, 2017, 01:38:32 AM
Reply #53

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
How much could we get for Robles?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

May 09, 2017, 01:39:11 AM
Reply #54

ally2

Keepers are difficult.  My confusion begins with 'why are keepers in general so rubbish?'.  You spend your entire career just being a goalkeeper.  You train every day.  Thta's what you do.  You catch things and you sharpen your reflexes. You make sure your positioning is good.  So why do we have the likes of Robles and Stek who are both so f'ing shite?  I don't understand it.

May 09, 2017, 01:54:12 AM
Reply #55

Evertonian in NC

Be happy with Pickford or Schmeichel, really.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 09, 2017, 01:56:37 AM
Reply #56

Evertonian in NC

For what it's worth (probably nowt) 'MirrorSport understands Koeman has earmarked Pickford for the role and progress is being made behind the scenes to secure his signature'.

well, there could be that "informally announced signing" before the season wraps, eh?  BD gets his wish!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 09, 2017, 02:04:29 AM
Reply #57

Shogun

Administrator
I think the biggest problem with signing a goalkeeper like Pickford is that if it doesn't work out then we're stuck with Joel or Stekelenburg again.

If we sign Pickford and could get another goalkeeper with a bit of experience and reliability such as Michel Vorm then I'd feel a lot more comfortable about us spending how much much on the former.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 09, 2017, 03:47:14 AM
Reply #58

toshyboy

Fraser Forster all day for me. Never hear that much about his performances either good or bad in press (Milner aside). Says it all for me. Good solid keeper.

May 09, 2017, 04:04:29 AM
Reply #59

everton1952

Pickford is probably no better than the Shite's acquisition from the same club. OK he saves many shots  because he plays for a shit team. That proved nothing when the shite fell for the same argument, and look what they think of Mignolet.