December 17, 2017, 11:51:13 PM

Author Topic: [News]Barkley given ultimatum  (Read 27964 times)

May 12, 2017, 02:51:43 AM
Read 27964 times

Everton News

Barkley given ultimatum

Everton boss Ronald Koeman says that he wants an answer from Ross Barkley on whether or not he wants to stay at Everton before next weekend.

Source: Barkley given ultimatum

deCoubertin

May 12, 2017, 05:20:21 PM
Reply #1

formerKHL

isn't this "ultimatum".....simply a case of.......

"we need to know because we need to plan who we want to replace you if you leave..."

Not a "sign or your out" threatening type ultimatum....

the decision completely changes our transfer dealings and spend this summer either way...

hope this makes sense....it does in my head...........

May 12, 2017, 05:24:04 PM
Reply #2

BlueNoseMike

isn't this "ultimatum".....simply a case of.......

"we need to know because we need to plan who we want to replace you if you leave..."

Not a "sign or your out" threatening type ultimatum....

the decision completely changes our transfer dealings and spend this summer either way...

hope this makes sense....it does in my head...........
They're both the same thing aren't they? Apart from one is more polite.

Barkley needs to say his going to sign in next week or so. If not then we'll sell him

May 12, 2017, 05:33:48 PM
Reply #3

formerKHL

I do believe it's a pressure play by RK... but I don't think it's as "sever" as it's being made out to be.....for some reason....

don't know why..

May 12, 2017, 07:35:30 PM
Reply #4

Paddockoldie

I think he's standing his ground with Barkley because he knows he can replace him. I don't think he needs the decision to work out his spending plans as he's already stated stay or go he's buying in the attacking positions anyway.
Barkley should make his mind up but that's been an issue in his game all season too, so maybe he'll hold on too long and the moment will be gone?

May 12, 2017, 07:38:41 PM
Reply #5

formerKHL

I think he's standing his ground with Barkley because he knows he can replace him. I don't think he needs the decision to work out his spending plans as he's already stated stay or go he's buying in the attacking positions anyway.
Barkley should make his mind up but that's been an issue in his game all season too, so maybe he'll hold on too long and the moment will be gone?

I agree with all this...somethings just niggling away at me about it......but if he decides to go ( I personally doubt it) it will make a significant dent in our transfer funds to replace him...so bigger picture not as much to spend on attacking options..maybe ?

May 12, 2017, 07:41:39 PM
Reply #6

ally2

I reckon we're offering him 10/week.  Seriously though I'd be amazed if his 'camp' don't let it slip what he's being offered as a last attempt to twist perceptions.

May 12, 2017, 07:46:22 PM
Reply #7

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I think Ross is a very good player and would walk into most PL teams. The exceptions are those clubs above us who want something just one step further than a 'very good' player and much as I like him I remain to be convinced he has that 'extra something' and therefore it's a sideways move for him. If I'm right then in a couple of seasons we'll be looking for a player with that 'extra something' to replace him.
But as I said he's still a very good player.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

May 12, 2017, 07:48:48 PM
Reply #8

formerKHL

This sort of occurrence seems endemic of clubs with money to spend nowadays..

Internally players want more.....
Externally players prices go up....

Hypothetical question.....if we didn't have the Moshiri money do you believe we would still be in this situation ?

Do you believe Ross would just either say he's leaving..... or he's staying....and money is not the issue
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:49:53 PM by formerKHL »

May 12, 2017, 08:16:11 PM
Reply #9

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman said he likes to work with players who are committed and if it takes you that long to make a decision you must have doubts, I don't care if it sounds severe or not we are not going to wait till July before he decides, we need his replacement in in June if he's going.

May 12, 2017, 08:31:35 PM
Reply #10

Ross

Koeman said he likes to work with players who are committed and if it takes you that long to make a decision you must have doubts, I don't care if it sounds severe or not we are not going to wait till July before he decides, we need his replacement in in June if he's going.

How's that effect the Lukaku sistuation then?

He's forever talking about moving on in the media (something Barkley has never done) and he's refused his new contract point blank and stated he won't sign a new deal (not something Barkleys done).
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 12, 2017, 08:37:38 PM
Reply #11

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

He's forever talking about moving on in the media (something Barkley has never done) and he's refused his new contract point blank and stated he won't sign a new deal (not something Barkleys done).

Exactly ! "Not something Barkley has done" Firstly Lukaku has two years remaining on his contract, not one like Barkley, Lukaku has mtold Koeman he is not signing, Barkley can't make his fucking mind up, totally different scenarios.

May 12, 2017, 08:39:11 PM
Reply #12

Evertonian in NC

He's buying time/playing the leverage game with Rom.  He knows he needs one more year to have any chance to make the CL, which could in turn change Rom's mind about committing to the project long-term.

Whereas with Ross, he just needs to know ASAP, so he knows how many AMs he has to bring in.

Plus, 2 years is different than 1 year.  He won't have Rom play out the last year of his deal, either.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 12, 2017, 09:04:45 PM
Reply #13

Ross

Exactly ! "Not something Barkley has done" Firstly Lukaku has two years remaining on his contract, not one like Barkley, Lukaku has mtold Koeman he is not signing, Barkley can't make his fucking mind up, totally different scenarios.
He's buying time/playing the leverage game with Rom.  He knows he needs one more year to have any chance to make the CL, which could in turn change Rom's mind about committing to the project long-term.

Whereas with Ross, he just needs to know ASAP, so he knows how many AMs he has to bring in.

Plus, 2 years is different than 1 year.  He won't have Rom play out the last year of his deal, either.

Does it matter how longs on each contract if Koeman only wants players who are committed to Everton and one of them has firmly stated he's not and dreams of other clubs yet the other hasn't said anything?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 12, 2017, 09:05:15 PM
Reply #14

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Does it matter how longs on each contract if Koeman only wants players who are committed to Everton and one of them has firmly stated he's not and the other hasn't said anything?

Yes it matters.
I have to return some videotapes.