May 25, 2017, 02:41:54 AM

Author Topic: [News]Barkley given ultimatum  (Read 13118 times)

May 20, 2017, 03:25:21 AM
Reply #315

MartinezsLeftTeste

So I see 6 new pages and think he must of signed or at least an offer to go elsewhere... But all it is is 5 pages of did he leave us with good memories. WTF people?

My take, I would definitely think of working with Pep especially since he thinks he is the next Xavi.

Think the Xavi thing was Martinez rather than barkley. That's much of his problem now. Lost the drive and physicality he had

May 20, 2017, 04:14:25 AM
Reply #316

chang

Outrag
Reports on Twitter he's off to Spurs for 28m, announced after the game on sunday.  (Don't shoot the messenger)

After the game.... as in when the transfer window is open,  ... rules is rules.

May 20, 2017, 04:14:36 AM
Reply #317

bacon sarnie

He's gone. Best of luck lad. Its been a slice.

May 20, 2017, 04:32:26 AM
Reply #318

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
He's gone. Best of luck lad. Its been a slice.

Agree, can we close this fuckin boring thread now !

May 20, 2017, 07:22:14 AM
Reply #319

starblood

Agree, can we close this fuckin boring thread now !
If you're finding it boring then don't follow it. Not having a pop, but you are metaphorically miming the waving of a yellow/red card to the moderators, which is never good.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:37:37 AM by starblood »

May 20, 2017, 07:25:08 AM
Reply #320

Rhys

So I see 6 new pages and think he must of signed or at least an offer to go elsewhere... But all it is is 5 pages of did he leave us with good memories. WTF people?

My take, I would definitely think of working with Pep especially since he thinks he is the next Xavi.

I don't think he has the natural football brain to play in a pep team. So much is about moving the ball quickly, first time, finding space and repeating. His biggest problem has always been holding onto the ball too long and over thinking what he is doing. And when he tried to mould his game in that second season he lost the key thing that made him a potential world player in the final third like MLT says, that drive with the ball and instinct to go past people without gaining the level of midfield play that could have made him an all round world class midfielder.

Pochettino would be the best manager for him because he would like him to utilise his talents but he is probably the best manager for getting players ultra fit and playing with incredible intensity. He might not want to and do it, and if not he wouldn't make it with them, but if he did that's exactly what he needs right now.

May 20, 2017, 07:58:44 AM
Reply #321

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he has the natural football brain to play in a pep team. So much is about moving the ball quickly, first time, finding space and repeating. His biggest problem has always been holding onto the ball too long and over thinking what he is doing. And when he tried to mould his game in that second season he lost the key thing that made him a potential world player in the final third like MLT says, that drive with the ball and instinct to go past people without gaining the level of midfield play that could have made him an all round world class midfielder.

Pochettino would be the best manager for him because he would like him to utilise his talents but he is probably the best manager for getting players ultra fit and playing with incredible intensity. He might not want to and do it, and if not he wouldn't make it with them, but if he did that's exactly what he needs right now.

I totally agree. He needed to model himself on Ronaldo and Bale but instead chose Xavi and Iniesta which is great but doesn't suit him.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 20, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
Reply #322

Ridge

It worked for Rom last summer...

"Ross, the best offer we've had is from West Ham..."

May 20, 2017, 09:20:59 PM
Reply #323

ally2

If Ross is going then in my opinion he should not play against arsenal. I know the deadline is supposed to be Monday but we know it isn't.

May 20, 2017, 09:29:55 PM
Reply #324

Bob Sacamano

What difference does it make if he plays in the last game of the season that has literally nothing riding on it?

May 20, 2017, 09:31:44 PM
Reply #325

ally2

What difference does it make if he plays in the last game of the season that has literally nothing riding on it?

He might get injured, and could cost the club 20m. Is this exaggerating?

May 20, 2017, 09:35:06 PM
Reply #326

Bob Sacamano

He might get injured, and could cost the club 20m. Is this exaggerating?

It would mean he'd get a Coleman contract. Someone chopping him in half basically gets it sorted imo.

May 20, 2017, 09:43:12 PM
Reply #327

ally2

It would mean he'd get a Coleman contract. Someone chopping him in half basically gets it sorted imo.

It's still no good.  The contract getting sorted suits no-one as things are now.  He's a valuable asset and is probably going to be a (good) squad player even in the unlikely event he signs a contract.  If he has the game of his life, nothing changes and we finish no higher.  Why take that risk?

May 20, 2017, 10:14:30 PM
Reply #328

Bob Sacamano

It's still no good.  The contract getting sorted suits no-one as things are now.  He's a valuable asset and is probably going to be a (good) squad player even in the unlikely event he signs a contract.  If he has the game of his life, nothing changes and we finish no higher.  Why take that risk?

Yeah but when he gets injured tomorrow nobody will want him and he will sign by default.

We've concluded that he's going to get injured when he sets foot on the pitch yeah?

May 20, 2017, 10:25:38 PM
Reply #329

ally2

Yeah but when he gets injured tomorrow nobody will want him and he will sign by default.

We've concluded that he's going to get injured when he sets foot on the pitch yeah?

Why would Ross sign a new contract if he got injured?  It would make more sense to run it down and get better wages on his next transfer if, as it seems, he isn't wanted or doesn't want to stay.

And no it isn't sure he will get injured but this is an unnecessary risk. The risk of him playing is he gets injured and we lose a hell of a lot of money. The reward of him playing is nothing other the emotional 'us time' some crave.