June 24, 2017, 12:05:39 AM

Author Topic: Summer Spending  (Read 26718 times)

May 12, 2017, 05:25:41 PM
Reply #15

Makis

I think a lot people will be disappointed come September because just because the club has money doesn't mean they can buy anyone. Every team that finishes above us will be a better prospect and can pay higher wages. But because every agent knows we are desperately looking for players their clients will ask for very high salaries. If there is a really good player available for less than 30 million, there will be at least ten Champions League clubs after him. In the PL alone at least two clubs above us wants to sign players to any position. GK: both ManC and the RS defo want, possibly ManU if De Gea leaves. CB: pretty much every team above us. Midfield and attack likewise.

So realistically our best chance is with players CL clubs don't want. And prices for those will be high too.

May 12, 2017, 05:27:17 PM
Reply #16

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think a lot people will be disappointed come September because just because the club has money doesn't mean they can buy anyone. Every team that finishes above us will be a better prospect and can pay higher wages. But because every agent knows we are desperately looking for players their clients will ask for very high salaries. If there is a really good player available for less than 30 million, there will be at least ten Champions League clubs after him. In the PL alone at least two clubs above us wants to sign players to any position. GK: both ManC and the RS defo want, possibly ManU if De Gea leaves. CB: pretty much every team above us. Midfield and attack likewise.

So realistically our best chance is with players CL clubs don't want. And prices for those will be high too.

We just have to hope there are more than 10 boss players in any position we need reinforcing then haha

May 12, 2017, 05:33:10 PM
Reply #17

montanatoffeefan

Its inevitable that we will be linked with every Tom Dick and Harry available, was the summer last summer...

Tom Dick already said he'd be going to The Shite.

'Arry is unlikely to make it out of Birmingham, much as he likes pretending he has much choice.
Everton forever.

May 12, 2017, 05:33:16 PM
Reply #18

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

As long as people have realistic expectations and the squad is improved they will be fine
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

May 12, 2017, 05:59:19 PM
Reply #19

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
The echo keeping me grounded with links of Anthony K-Nockaert (make sure you pronounce the K at the start) and Juraj Kucka, a 30 year old midfielder at Milan who has managed to score 3 goals and make 2 assists in 31 games this season

Woah slow down with those stats there Juraj!

I suppose for every Lacazette and Van Dijk we sign this summer we are gonna need some squad players too
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

May 12, 2017, 05:59:30 PM
Reply #20

Makis

We just have to hope there are more than 10 boss players in any position we need reinforcing then haha
What I mean that some people still expect VVD while even Keane might go to one of those teams so we could end up with someone like Maguire. Decent, but plenty have already called him shite.

May 12, 2017, 06:10:38 PM
Reply #21

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
What I mean that some people still expect VVD while even Keane might go to one of those teams so we could end up with someone like Maguire. Decent, but plenty have already called him shite.

yeah.

Although, there isn't a player on the planet we could sign without someone in here calling him shite haha

May 12, 2017, 06:17:39 PM
Reply #22

Thornton_19

I would love for us to spend 200 million, but as long as our team is a lot stronger come September I am not too fussed how much it cost.

May 12, 2017, 06:26:16 PM
Reply #23

Lincs Toffee

With the already confirmed or likely departures of Cleverley, Deulofeu, McGeady, Niasse, McCarthy and the forgotten Tarashaj, the new USM deal, the improved shirt sponsorship deals then a total spend of 100m you wouldn't think would be out of the question.  Add in the potential/likely sales of Lukaku and Rom to that pot and @Simon Paul will have to look at upgrading the site server with how busy it could be in here.

Do we have a cloning machine then :snigger:
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

May 12, 2017, 06:30:03 PM
Reply #24

Macca77

The echo keeping me grounded with links of Anthony K-Nockaert (make sure you pronounce the K at the start) and Juraj Kucka, a 30 year old midfielder at Milan who has managed to score 3 goals and make 2 assists in 31 games this season

Woah slow down with those stats there Juraj!

I suppose for every Lacazette and Van Dijk we sign this summer we are gonna need some squad players too

Gotta love the echo's "who Everton should buy" stories, then pics of journeymen over 30

The shites on the other hand, all world class players

May 12, 2017, 08:04:29 PM
Reply #25

Juanito

Just read through this thread and saw these names;

VDD
Keane
Klasson
Sandro

If those four came in and we kept Lukaku, that would be one hell of a transfer window.

May 12, 2017, 08:09:56 PM
Reply #26

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Do we have a cloning machine then :snigger:

It took me 5 attempts at reading back what I'd wrote to spot the mistake!  I was looking thinking I'd put McGeady down twice or something.
I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

May 13, 2017, 01:03:16 AM
Reply #27

Ridge

Summer is when you do the major surgery and first window started decisive enough. We had Stones sale to negotiate and concluded business pretty swiftly after it. We end up running out of options, but it can happen.

This window we've arguably got Lukaku and/or  Barkley to sell before we know how much we have to spend. Plus we could be looking to move some others on, which will free up places and wages in squad.

With Europa qualifying, we will need to get our plans well under way, but you'd hope that Walsh, Koeman and Moshiri have a much better collective understanding a year on and with plenty of time to discuss and identify players in and out.

May 13, 2017, 02:53:28 PM
Reply #28

ally2

Any advances on 200m?!  I feel a sweepstake coming on

May 13, 2017, 05:28:34 PM
Reply #29

toffee_scot

This will definitely be a very interesting transfer window and I expect a lot of twists and turns right up until the very end.

We will have a lot more money to spend through the Sky/BT TV deals plus new sponsorship from USM for Finch Farm, Sportpesa and in general it seems we are going in the right direction commercially.

We should be in a relatively better position to attract players to Everton this summer. We are one of the top 7 clubs again although it will still be difficult to bring in great players if Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs etc. are also very interested.