October 23, 2017, 11:58:34 PM

Author Topic: Summer Spending  (Read 103938 times)

May 14, 2017, 04:38:09 PM
Reply #45

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
5 million it's an absolute no brainer isn't It?

deCoubertin

May 14, 2017, 04:39:42 PM
Reply #46

chang

We're going to need a Times bod with access, to copy and paste it. I don't have a subscription. I wonder If Deulefeu will have had some influence on this lads future destination. He must know him quite well. Oh! and BTW. Is he a nigerian 21? :)

Everton have agreed personal terms with Malaga striker Sandro as part of Ronald Koeman’s restructuring of the Merseyside’s club squad. The Spain under-21 international has a £5m release clause in his contract with the Liga side, who he joined on a free transfer from Barcelona last July.

Atletico Madrid and Sevilla are also interested in the 21-year-old, but Sandro has rejected a contract offer from Sevilla and informed Everton that he wants to move to the Premier League. A product of Barcelona’s academy system, Sandro scored seven goals in 32 first-team appearances for the Catalan club.

His first campaign at Malaga has seen the 1m75 centre forward establish himself as one of Spain’s leading marksman, delivering 14 goals from 26 starts for the mid-table club. The relatively low value of Sandro’s buy-out is a product of Barcelona’s failure to activate a clause that would have allowed them to retain the forward for a further year last May.

Everton’s leading goalscorer Romelu Lukaku is wanted by Chelsea as a replacement for Diego Costa, who is in dispute with the newly crowned Premier League champions over their failure to offer an improved contract. Although Lukaku has informed Koeman that his wish is to move to another club this summer, Everton are posturing over the Belgian’s transfer fee, indicating that only a domestic record figure would be acceptable to them.

Everton may also be forced to sell Ross Barkley with Koeman imposing a public deadline of next week for the Englishman to accept the club’s offer of an improved contract. “I spoke to the player, I can’t do more,” said Koeman. “He needs to decide what his future is - in Everton or away from Everton.

“The reason why it takes so long is maybe that the player will doubt about his future and everybody has the own ambition to play Champions League football. All the players of Everton, including the manager, would like to continue into making the next step. And what we did this season to make it be better the next. He can be part of that, if he doesn’t like to part of that - then okay.”

May 14, 2017, 04:42:36 PM
Reply #47

bluenose27

We will spend huge imo. Keeping hold of at least one of Ross and Rom will make it a much smoother transition for next season. Expecting business done early with Europa on the horizon
Agree we need to keep at least one of these as rightly or wrongly they are perceived to be our 2 top players. If we lost both it would send out the wrong message about us as a club and make it even harder to attract players.

May 14, 2017, 06:50:47 PM
Reply #48

Bluedylan

Wondering if there's anyone from Hull we could go for, now that they appear to be getting relegated. Maybe Robertson as competition for Baines? Oh just looked, and it appears Liverpool have agreed terms. He's shite, never rated him.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

May 14, 2017, 06:58:52 PM
Reply #49

Mac934

Thought maybe McGuire, but not so sure now.

May 14, 2017, 07:04:13 PM
Reply #50

KoemansNumberTens

Wondering if there's anyone from Hull we could go for, now that they appear to be getting relegated. Maybe Robertson as competition for Baines? Oh just looked, and it appears Liverpool have agreed terms. He's shite, never rated him.

Says in the mirror that Robertson is going to the shite. Says it's been agreed for when the window opens. I don't know if that means it's official and common knowledge but the piece was certainly written as if it had been announced

May 14, 2017, 07:04:57 PM
Reply #51

KoemansNumberTens

Teach me not to read the whole post before commenting

May 14, 2017, 07:25:02 PM
Reply #52

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

He's looked poor defensively when i've seen him.  Would much rather the young lad from Leicester who is the most Leighton Baines looking player since Leighton Baines.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

May 14, 2017, 08:05:02 PM
Reply #53

Toddacelli

I've said it before, but I've never been bothered about boring people so - it's not so much about what we can spend as it is about what we can attract. If we got £200M for Lukaku from China - would one of Europe's top strikers want to come to Everton, even on silly money?

I doubt it. They're all on silly money already and it would be a massive step-down in terms of European football aspirations.

Regardless of spend, each window we need progress, improvement, better players and all that needs to translate to performances on the pitch. No amount of money is going to make Messi come next season.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 15, 2017, 03:37:05 PM
Reply #54

Lxxx

Like most, I would be happy for most of the business to be done early on. Wouldn't like the Lukaku transfer to drag on till after our first game.

Any deadwood sales can go whenever they want really, they're probably not going to give Koeman a selection headache if they are still hanging around for the first game.

Keane would be a good signing, not a chance of signing VVD.
I'd be happy with Pickford too actually.

Then we need a new LB, 2 strikers, a quality number 10, 1 wide attacking forward (or 2 if we sell Deulofeu).
Not sure about a new RB as I think Jonjo Kenny is more than ready to step up.

Considering how much we will get for Lukaku and the rest, we probably won't have a massive net spend either.

Which would cause an absolute meltdown of historic proportions.

May 15, 2017, 03:58:12 PM
Reply #55

Lxxx

I've said it before, but I've never been bothered about boring people so - it's not so much about what we can spend as it is about what we can attract. If we got £200M for Lukaku from China - would one of Europe's top strikers want to come to Everton, even on silly money?

I doubt it. They're all on silly money already and it would be a massive step-down in terms of European football aspirations.

Regardless of spend, each window we need progress, improvement, better players and all that needs to translate to performances on the pitch. No amount of money is going to make Messi come next season.

True. To build in this league is a step by step process. Every year the big teams spend big money and pull themselves away from the rest of the pack a little more so to expect us to make significant inroads in one window to jump two steps forward and then get into the top 4 mix is too optimistic.
As long as there is a clear progression in our squad that's about all we can expect window on window, regardless of net spend (although there is obviously a clear correlation in spending more usually equating to increased progress).

May 15, 2017, 04:40:31 PM
Reply #56

Cozzie

Here is a little run down from our good ITK friend the ESK on how FFP effects our spending this year.

http://www.theblueroomefc.com/2017/05/esk-ffp-mean-evertons-transfer-strategy/#

Still dont have a clue what it all means tbh, but I dont think we can just go balls out like Chelsea and City did in previous years.

May 15, 2017, 04:47:07 PM
Reply #57

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Here is a little run down from our good ITK friend the ESK on how FFP effects our spending this year.

Still dont have a clue what it all means tbh, but I dont think we can just go balls out like Chelsea and City did in previous years.

Gives some ballpark figures as to what we could increase our total wage bull to (obviously varies greatly depending on departures).

Doesn't really go into any detail as to what we could spend on transfer fees without bumping into FIFA accountants though.
(Although, seems to suggest that because we broke even this year, we can spend what we like for the next 2.)

May 15, 2017, 04:47:26 PM
Reply #58

Lxxx

He's just a very committed fan with a lot of time on his hands and has crafted a social media persona to massage an ego. He's no more ITK than me or you who read the gossip columns but it's a nice article though.

May 15, 2017, 04:48:03 PM
Reply #59

Cozzie

Gives some ballpark figures as to what we could increase our total wage bull to (obviously varies greatly depending on departures).

Doesn't really go into any detail as to what we could spend on transfer fees without bumping into FIFA accountants though.
(Although, seems to suggest that because we broke even this year, we can spend what we like for the next 2.)

The conclusion at the end seems to suggest we can spend quite a fair amount.

However, a lot of it will be next season or indeed year after the roll over of the Stones sale.