June 27, 2017, 05:33:19 PM

Author Topic: Gylfi Sigurdsson  (Read 27784 times)

May 12, 2017, 08:30:09 PM
Read 27784 times

Tinga

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10874092/everton-want-to-sign-gylfi-sigurdsson-from-swansea-in-the-summer

For people who can't view links;

Everton want to sign Swansea midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson in the summer, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News HQ understands the Toffees are hoping to strike a deal in the region of 25m for the Iceland international.

Sigurdsson has been a stand-out performer for Swansea this season and has managed to score nine times in the Premier League despite his side's struggles on the pitch.

Everton are likely to face competition from Southampton for the 27-year-old, whose current contract at Swansea runs until 2020.

As well as Sigurdsson, Ronald Koeman is interested in signing Ajax captain Davy Klaassen.

The attacking midfielder has enjoyed an exceptional season, scoring 18 goals in 43 matches and helping Ajax reach the Europa League final.

Klaassen, who is an Ajax academy graduate, has won three Eredivisie titles and been capped 11 times by the Netherlands.

On Thursday, Koeman warned midfielder Ross Barkley he had one more week to decide his future.

The England midfielder has one year remaining on his present contract and is yet to confirm whether he will sign a new deal.

Wouldn't mind him to be honest, although I can't say I've ever took all that much notice to him.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:33:07 PM by Tinga »

May 12, 2017, 08:34:36 PM
Reply #1

Evertonian in NC

Sigurddson + Klaassen = sploosh.   Well worth the spelling difficulties.  My God, the options once Bolasie comes back!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 12, 2017, 08:34:39 PM
Reply #2

Ross

I like him and he'd bring goals but he does seem very one paced.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 12, 2017, 08:35:50 PM
Reply #3

DIXIEDEAN

can't say I've ever took much notice of him but he certainly fits in with koemons "productivity" phrase so I'm in.
i like the sound of him klaasy and barkley behind rom 

May 12, 2017, 08:42:02 PM
Reply #4

Robioto

One of my favourite players in the Premier League. I think he is a great player who has excelled at a poor club and he actually didn't do too badly at Spurs when he was actually picked.

Some people were saying that a large number of assists and goals come from set pieces, particulary this season, but really who cares? We need a good freekick and corner taker and Siggurdsson is that and a lot more on top of that in open play. He may also lack pace, but his footballing brain seems to get him into the right places.

He also works extremely hard which is something people may not have noticed, but something that will sit very well with our manager:

http://www.squawka.com/news/swanseas-gylfi-sigurdsson-has-covered-the-most-distance-in-the-premier-league-this-season/919260#ElpXTcukCmhPFLfy.97

He has the joint highest number of assists in the league this season with 12, equal with Eriksen, playing for a much poorer club. He also has 9 goals in the league this season which is one of the  highest for a midfielder.

ASSISTS: https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players
GOALS: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/torschuetzenliste/wettbewerb/GB1

If we can get him it's a no brainer in my opinion, he is a hard working player with a proven record in the Premier League, he can take corners and freekicks as well, which is something we have lacked or failed to get many goals from recently

On a personal level there are few (realistic) players that I would rather we signed, I'm a huge fan. He is absolutely the type of player we should be signing.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:44:18 PM by Robioto »

May 12, 2017, 08:48:07 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

I could well imagine under Koeman's fitness regime he'd turn into a more mobile player too. He's young enough to change his playing style to complement his other attributes.

May 12, 2017, 08:52:24 PM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's a good player, but quite overrated by our fan base imo.

I'm sceptical as to what he can really offer outside of taking a good set piece.

May 12, 2017, 08:57:34 PM
Reply #7

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I suspect Klaassen & Sigurdsson together is the contingency plan if Barkley goes myself.

Although, we could probably do with all 3 due to Bolasie's spell out.

May 12, 2017, 08:59:19 PM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator
Thought he was older that that like.

Can't see this happening unless they get relegated. He's left Swansea for greener pastures before only for it not to work out.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:00:34 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 12, 2017, 09:01:10 PM
Reply #9

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Would love him here.
I have to return some videotapes.

May 12, 2017, 09:04:33 PM
Reply #10

Macca77

Its a yes from me

May 12, 2017, 09:11:12 PM
Reply #11

Cozzie

Brilliant player who at 27 you would like to think is in his peak right now.

Yes from me, always been a fan.

May 12, 2017, 09:19:40 PM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I like him and he'd bring goals but he does seem very one paced.

Can't see both him and Klaassen (admittedly based purely on last night's game) for that reason.

May 12, 2017, 09:20:25 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he was older that that like.

Can't see this happening unless they get relegated. He's left Swansea for greener pastures before only for it not to work out.

I assume he'd only come if he was pretty much guaranteed a place.

May 12, 2017, 09:24:22 PM
Reply #14

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Its a yes from me

That's three yes's ! done deal then.