June 24, 2017, 12:09:19 AM

Author Topic: Gylfi Sigurdsson  (Read 24246 times)

May 12, 2017, 09:26:48 PM
Reply #15

blue1948

Its a yes from me
And a yes from him

May 12, 2017, 09:29:52 PM
Reply #16

Hesmenos

I suspect Klaassen & Sigurdsson together is the contingency plan if Barkley goes myself.

Although, we could probably do with all 3 due to Bolasie's spell out.

I'm thinking the same. Could explain Koeman insisting with his sign or be sold ultimatum.
45M out for Sig and Klaassen, 35M in for Barkley. Brings in 2 players he wants without seriously denting his transfer budget. Everton fans turn on Barkley for being a greedy Judas.

May 12, 2017, 09:38:19 PM
Reply #17

Macca77

He scores goals, double figures this season, which is more than our current midfielders have done this year

May 12, 2017, 09:46:47 PM
Reply #18

AllyBlue14

Also, with the one pace thing, as he approaches/passes 30, losing a turn of speed won't be as big an issue for him as it would for others.

May 12, 2017, 10:46:47 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

I think he suffers from being the stand out domestic individual in a certain market for clubs under the elite band.

Which isn't to say he's not right for us but he's the one most visible to fans who want an attainable upgrade. The obvious signing.

May 12, 2017, 11:09:39 PM
Reply #20

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Id take him all day long, to bolster what we already have

As a replacement for Barkley, I'm not so sure

As a replacement for the outgoing Cleverley, Deulefou, Kone and stricken Lennon and bolaisie it makes sense
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

May 12, 2017, 11:15:50 PM
Reply #21

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Can't see both him and Klaassen (admittedly based purely on last night's game) for that reason.

Unless you had pace on the other wing.  Klaasen would play central with Gylfi wide.  Like when we had Pienaar wide with Cahill in the middle.  Only problem there was the other wing was the likes of Bily, Rodwell, Gosling, Osman, etc so no outlet on the break.
I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

May 12, 2017, 11:29:41 PM
Reply #22

Bob Sacamano

Are these two really that slow?

May 13, 2017, 01:17:10 AM
Reply #23

ajax_andy

I definitely want us to sign him and I think he's a realistic target, however my only concern is he isn't going to get any better... now that may seem like an odd thing to wish for but if we sell Barkley and replace him with Sigurdsson and Klasson that gives us:

Sigurdsson & Klasson

If you look at Man City, who are already way better than us, they have:

De Bruyne & Silva

So does buying those two close the gap to those teams above us?  Yes... however it is also apparent that if we go down the route of proven premier league players and 24 year old Dutch league players we aren't going to catch those above us with genuine world class players.   Kind of hope we buy Sigurdsson but also manage to pull off a real coup to close that gap or it's not really going to matter much who we sign

May 13, 2017, 01:30:46 AM
Reply #24

Thornton_19

One of the things we have suffered from most this season is lack of options. We know at least 8 of our starters every week. We need competition for places. He will at the very least provide this in our attacking positions. Plus we fucking need a man to take corners and free kicks.

May 13, 2017, 08:58:44 AM
Reply #25

D3blue

He's a great player.  On current form I'd take him in place of Ross any day but the two of them would give RK real options.

May 13, 2017, 03:43:04 PM
Reply #26

Juanito

I like him and he'd bring goals but he does seem very one paced.

I thought that at first but this is an upgrade on the idea of Rooney.

May 13, 2017, 04:20:00 PM
Reply #27

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Are these two really that slow?

As a general rule our fans think every player is too small and too slow

@Confucius started a thread about us signing Usain Bolt (seriously)

General consensus was - not tall enough, not fast enough
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

May 13, 2017, 08:54:10 PM
Reply #28

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
As a general rule our fans think every player is too small and too slow

@Confucius started a thread about us signing Usain Bolt (seriously)

General consensus was - not tall enough, not fast enough

Yup, very true.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 13, 2017, 09:11:25 PM
Reply #29

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Another set-piece assist.
I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!