December 17, 2017, 11:51:56 PM

Author Topic: [News]Lukaku: Boss has helped me  (Read 2396 times)

May 17, 2017, 03:41:22 AM
Reply #30

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Rom needs at least a goal on Sunday. Can see Sanchez and Kane catching him now.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

deCoubertin

May 17, 2017, 03:45:43 AM
Reply #31

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Would love him to score a hat-trick on Sunday but we end up losing 4-3 with Michael Thomas(Wellbeck would do too) scoring the 4th in the 5th minute of injury time just as Boro beat Liverpool.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 17, 2017, 05:53:37 AM
Reply #32

nwatson

Fecking hell. This bet of mine is getting scarier by the day. Sanchez just 1 behind now, and Kane 2 with 2 to play. We have no control over how Kane plays, but surely somebody can persuade Sanchez to leave the pitch on Sunday without scoring. (kick him hard in other words)

May 18, 2017, 12:27:52 AM
Reply #33

D15TIN

just seen a tweet then saying we'd still be in 7th without Lukakus goals? That can't be true surely?

May 18, 2017, 02:24:50 AM
Reply #34

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
just seen a tweet then saying we'd still be in 7th without Lukakus goals? That can't be true surely?

Yeah just saw that before, without his goals we would be 7th, without his assists we would be 9th

Cos we have such a gap between us and the team below it could well be possible

Sell sell sell!

Edit : 5 games would be affected

The 3-0 away win at sunderland is 0-0
The 1-1 away draw at Man City is a 1-0 defeat
The 6-3 home win over Bournemouth is a 3-2 defeat
The 1-1 home draw against Palace is a 1-0 defeat
The 4-2 home win over Leicester is a 2-2 draw

Means we would be on 52 points, still 6 points clear of Southampton
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:36:44 AM by Sir Stealth »
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

May 18, 2017, 02:36:27 AM
Reply #35

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
That's what I was implying in the other thread when I said he hadn't won us that many points.
1-0 (lukaku) is just not a common score

May 18, 2017, 02:40:19 AM
Reply #36

Toddacelli

Yeah just saw that before, without his goals we would be 7th, without his assists we would be 9th

Cos we have such a gap between us and the team below it could well be possible

Sell sell sell!

Edit : 5 games would be affected

The 3-0 away win at sunderland is 0-0
The 1-1 away draw at Man City is a 1-0 defeat
The 6-3 home win over Bournemouth is a 3-2 defeat
The 1-1 home draw against Palace is a 1-0 defeat
The 4-2 home win over Leicester is a 2-2 draw

Means we would be on 52 points, still 6 points clear of Southampton

That's pretty fucking interesting. If Koeman is confident of doing a re-building job - I'm suddently not shitting myself anymore.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 18, 2017, 02:58:49 AM
Reply #37

Evertonian in NC

Of course, teams would also attack us differently without Lukaku in the XI.  It's not an apples to apples comparison.

There's a massive amount of Blue rationalization going on...
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 18, 2017, 03:23:14 AM
Reply #38

D15TIN

24 goals is 24 goals like

May 18, 2017, 03:31:35 AM
Reply #39

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That's what I was implying in the other thread when I said he hadn't won us that many points.
1-0 (lukaku) is just not a common score

Part of the reason he's never been truly loved at Everton, I think.

He's scored a lot of goals in games that we haven't ended up getting a result out of despite his goal (even derbies) and games where he just puts a game to bed rather than winning it for us.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 18, 2017, 03:33:43 AM
Reply #40

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah but 2-1 when he scores the third is pretty huge as it means the other team can't nick a late goal and draw etc.

it's a pretty stupid stat to be honest
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 18, 2017, 03:36:31 AM
Reply #41

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah but 2-1 when he scores the third is pretty huge as it means the other team can't nick a late goal and draw etc.

Of course, goals change games and ultimately win games. Who knows how many points we may have dropped if he hadn't scored.

I'm talking purely psychologically.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 18, 2017, 03:58:00 AM
Reply #42

Tony Clifton

Innaresting stat.  Now I can wreck my head with more IFS and BUTS.

Ah fuck it, we've had a decent one, on with the next.

May 18, 2017, 03:04:28 PM
Reply #43

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

yeah, i'd mentioned that before.
Although, the fact he didnt do that for 2 seasons under Martinez and we constantly threw away the lead would suggest it may be game management rather than anything else.

But yeah, stats are able to back up any argument you want really.