December 17, 2017, 09:52:29 PM

Author Topic: Mauricio Lemos  (Read 7150 times)

May 16, 2017, 03:51:32 PM
Reply #15

Grand Master C

Lemos is an absolutely cracking player and I would love to see him at Everton.

As happy as Las Palmas fans were to get him last year, the expectation from most was that they would lose him in a couple of years to a top club if he carried on developing (If I am honest, I don't think they had us in mind when they said that though!). He is definitely still a developing player and makes mistakes. I would be a little concerned about him coming in as a first choice CB as our fans might turn when he starts passing it around the back and gets caught out if expectations were high. In Las Palmas he would get abuse if he hoofed it, so the change in expectations might be a shock !!

Weirdly enough though he was brought in because Alcaraz was crocked, so may be he wouldn't find the situation that different at all !!!

deCoubertin

May 16, 2017, 04:05:07 PM
Reply #16

Tinga

If life gives you Lemos...

May 16, 2017, 04:06:29 PM
Reply #17

TheTone

This guy cruises around the pitch VVD style, seems two footed and also looks handy in a tear up , fuck it, I'm in

May 16, 2017, 04:41:13 PM
Reply #18

Robioto

Imagine if we had VVD and Lemos in our defence.

It would be like Carsley, Gravesen and Johnson again, only more stylish.

May 16, 2017, 05:04:42 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

We'd have to get rid of Mori though. Two south americans in the centre of defence would be no good for anyone's ticker.

May 16, 2017, 05:21:38 PM
Reply #20

sam of the south

We'd have to get rid of Mori though. Two south americans in the centre of defence would be no good for anyone's ticker.

Oh yeah, hopefully that's a given anyway (although I do love his passion)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 16, 2017, 05:23:20 PM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Well up for this.

I'd take Roque Mesa an all
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 16, 2017, 07:22:41 PM
Reply #22

Evertonian in NC

Lemos would make sense if one keeps Jags one more year, too. 
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 16, 2017, 08:00:25 PM
Reply #23

MmmBlueRamirez

Looks impressive. Jags-esque with some of the blocks and his legs pick the ball out from attackers feet in a tidy manner like Stones does.

Seems a lot more composed than the average South American CB.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 16, 2017, 08:11:01 PM
Reply #24

MHEFC

May 16, 2017, 08:13:14 PM
Reply #25

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 16, 2017, 10:00:34 PM
Reply #26

Juanito

Lemos is boss.

Our fans will hate him though and it won't be long before a Ryan shawcross shout.

No! Really? When I watched him play he seemed a lot more cultured and composed than that no mark, Shawcross

May 16, 2017, 10:02:14 PM
Reply #27

Juanito

Lemos is an absolutely cracking player and I would love to see him at Everton.

As happy as Las Palmas fans were to get him last year, the expectation from most was that they would lose him in a couple of years to a top club if he carried on developing (If I am honest, I don't think they had us in mind when they said that though!). He is definitely still a developing player and makes mistakes. I would be a little concerned about him coming in as a first choice CB as our fans might turn when he starts passing it around the back and gets caught out if expectations were high. In Las Palmas he would get abuse if he hoofed it, so the change in expectations might be a shock !!

Weirdly enough though he was brought in because Alcaraz was crocked, so may be he wouldn't find the situation that different at all !!!

They do like to knock it around at the back, even against Real and Barce.

May 16, 2017, 10:09:58 PM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
No! Really? When I watched him play he seemed a lot more cultured and composed than that no mark, Shawcross

That's what Im saying. From what I've seen he's like a corss between Stones and Luiz. I worry about our fans, or even Koeman having the patience for the way he plays.

He's looked boss whenever I've wayched him though and even has a cheeky free kick in him

May 17, 2017, 01:47:49 PM
Reply #29

Cozzie