October 24, 2017, 12:06:02 AM

Author Topic: Who would players rather play for?  (Read 2502 times)

May 18, 2017, 05:49:00 PM
Reply #30

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'm pretty sure that not many players would pick any of the potuguese teams ahead of us. Not nowadays anyway.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

deCoubertin

May 18, 2017, 05:53:28 PM
Reply #31

formerKHL

You do know you're not confined to Monaco 24 hours a day if you live there? I've been to the Grand Prix a few times and spent time along the French coast. Lovely part of the world. Apart from Marseille, didn't feel too welcoming there although that is quite a way along.

ye....  know what ye mean about Marseille....just down the coast there's a beauty of a town called villefranche...best place I've been to in that part of france...

May 18, 2017, 05:55:21 PM
Reply #32

Evertonian in NC

As depressing as this thread is...doesn't this reinforce the notion that we need to hold onto our star players whenever possible?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 18, 2017, 06:02:34 PM
Reply #33

Robioto

As depressing as this thread is...doesn't this reinforce the notion that we need to hold onto our star players whenever possible?

Yes

May 18, 2017, 06:04:44 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

Even when we don't have much choice in the matter?

May 18, 2017, 06:06:14 PM
Reply #35

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

I think actually it just shows every other club thinks the same as us. There are clubs out there now thinking 'do you think Lukaku would pick us over Everton' in the same way we are thinking about it for other players.

It's near enough impossible to keep hold of your best players if they want to leave, especially if you are not matching their ambitions.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

May 18, 2017, 06:30:59 PM
Reply #36

Evertonian in NC

It makes me grateful that at least Moshiri is setting a super-high valuation and not rolling over and "accepting reality" as so many seem to want.  If he squeezes one more year out of Rom, it will save us a ton of heartburn.

We are much more likely to bring in someone young who can maybe grow into a #1 striker, than we are to bring in a direct replacement.  The time element is crucial, regardless of the money.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 18, 2017, 06:54:23 PM
Reply #37

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We've missed out on players to Newcastle and West Ham in the past and people are on here talking about being on level with champions league clubs.

Let's actually sign a player first eh
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 18, 2017, 07:24:00 PM
Reply #38

Gash

Global Moderator
We've missed out on players to Newcastle and West Ham in the past and people are on here talking about being on level with champions league clubs.

Let's actually sign a player first eh

We've probably had more dodged bullets than missed out on star players though? I'm not trying to be smart but I honestly can't think of too many that we've genuinely lost out on (as in agreed fees and negotiated with) to the likes of Newcastle and West Ham that have gone on to be great signings for them.

May 18, 2017, 07:26:54 PM
Reply #39

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Can't think of many players we've missed out on that haven't been a bit shite. Take Spurs. For every wanyama there is a sissoko. I am ridiculously confident about this window

May 18, 2017, 07:41:31 PM
Reply #40

KoemansNumberTens

Can't think of many players we've missed out on that haven't been a bit shite. Take Spurs. For every wanyama there is a sissoko. I am ridiculously confident about this window

Me too. We've the right people in place with moshiri koeman and Walsh. We'll spend money and we'll get great value too

May 18, 2017, 07:42:49 PM
Reply #41

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We've probably had more dodged bullets than missed out on star players though? I'm not trying to be smart but I honestly can't think of too many that we've genuinely lost out on (as in agreed fees and negotiated with) to the likes of Newcastle and West Ham that have gone on to be great signings for them.

That's not the question though
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 18, 2017, 07:57:42 PM
Reply #42

Cereal Killer

lolol saw a Spanish rumour (think it was via BBC) saying Barca, AC Milan and Real were interested in Sissoko

May 18, 2017, 07:59:15 PM
Reply #43

Lxxx

lolol saw a Spanish rumour (think it was via BBC) saying Barca, AC Milan and Real were interested in Sissoko

His agent being a little over zealous with his press releases me thinks.

May 18, 2017, 08:05:26 PM
Reply #44

Gash

Global Moderator
That's not the question though

It kind of is though. It comes up every year, people say that we lose out to lesser teams when in reality it rarely happens and when it does it usually turns out that we got away with one.

I personally think we'll have a very good summer with the people we now have in place.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:06:43 PM by Gash »