September 25, 2017, 07:54:09 AM

Author Topic: Walcott and Chamberlain  (Read 3215 times)

May 18, 2017, 07:30:16 AM
Read 3215 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Latest two names linked with us. Could either do a job for us?
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

deCoubertin

May 18, 2017, 07:31:59 AM
Reply #1

Jamokachi

Chamberlain, yes. Would steer well clear of Walcott. I think both are in Wenger's long term plans though.

May 18, 2017, 07:34:48 AM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

Not for me. Having a team of them types is why Arsenal are coming down to our level. Good not great and the price and wages wouldn't reflect that

May 18, 2017, 10:48:38 AM
Reply #3

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Would take Walcott. We need pace,  and he is a decent finisher. Oxlade-Chamberlain too injury prone.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 18, 2017, 01:40:40 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Totally not attainable anyway. Other members of the top 6 would snap them up or they'd rather sign a new contract to sit on the bench with their mates and take selfies than drop down to our level.

May 18, 2017, 02:00:15 PM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Not for me. Having a team of them types is why Arsenal are coming down to our level. Good not great and the price and wages wouldn't reflect that

I'd say they're a reason why they've never finished 1st.

They've been part of squads that are always top 4.

Even this year they've got 70+ points and could finish 14 points clear of us.

Their injury records would be the concern (and as @Lxxx says whether they'd actually come anyway).

May 18, 2017, 02:21:06 PM
Reply #6

Macca77

The shite are keen on Chamberlain so we're fucked

May 18, 2017, 02:51:08 PM
Reply #7

montanatoffeefan

Aren't these the two bastards who brought on World War II by not confronting Hitler and the Nazis? They were useless 80 years ago. Can't see how they could do much for us now.
Everton forever.

May 18, 2017, 03:29:33 PM
Reply #8

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Rumours were mooted as part of some kind of Swap involving Barkley.

For that reason alone there is zero substance to the rumours.

May 18, 2017, 03:31:32 PM
Reply #9

BlueNoseMike

Think Chamberlain's career is similar to Barkley in that he hasn't kicked on and has stalled a bit in his career. Similar age, and could possibly do with a change of scenery and somewhere he can be guaranteed more game time. People are still unsure on his best position because Wenger has collected all these midfielders and has to drop them in anywhere other than probably their favourite position to, and rightly so, accomodate Sanchez and Ozil.

Think there's a few at Arsenal who have stayed too long, with ramsey being another who I'd be interested in

May 18, 2017, 03:34:53 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

Arsenal have a habit of taking/bringing through promising youngsters and watching them not kick on in the past few years. Walcott, Chamberlain, Ramsay, Wilshere, Chambers, Gibbs, Jenkinson.... All now able to take a good selfie and be set up financially for life but haven't really achieved anything of note for their time under Wenger.

May 18, 2017, 04:14:50 PM
Reply #11

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

May 18, 2017, 04:42:08 PM
Reply #12

ally2

Wenger should get some credit for trying to bring on British players. In his early years at arsenal he was lambasted for playing so many foreigners. He tried to go British but the British aren't very good.

May 18, 2017, 04:52:46 PM
Reply #13

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'd take them both.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

May 18, 2017, 07:28:38 PM
Reply #14

dazfrancis

These guys could come him and put in some really good performances but I still wouldn't want them because they are a pair of selfie-loving fairies who have had it too easy under Wenger and we would reach a point when they are a) injured most of the time or b) poncing around the field contributing very little.

Same with all Arsenal players except Sanchez.

They might have the talent but they don't strike me as having the application and focus to take us to the next level.