December 17, 2017, 11:52:28 PM

Author Topic: Walcott and Chamberlain  (Read 3729 times)

May 18, 2017, 10:29:14 PM
Reply #30

di_guyo

Walcott, no - injured too often and on massive wages. If fit, would improve our team, but I think we should look elsewhere.

Ox, yes - good player with untapped potential. Versatile, strong, skillful and creative. He'd be a good signing.
Everton & Atleti

deCoubertin

May 18, 2017, 10:58:32 PM
Reply #31

Rhys

Id have them both, however I dont think either would come to us certainly not Chamberlain.

Walcott isnt great, on a lot of money had problems with injuries and never developed into more than he is. However he is someone who at us he would get 10 goals a season in an average season playing all the time. If he gets another goal this season that will be the second time at Arsenal he has got 20+ goals which isnt easy for a wide player who isnt an elite level player.

They'd both improve our team and are more than capable of helping teams challenge for the top as thats where theyve been their whole PL careers. But as I said I dont think either will come to us and the talk is Chamberlain has turned down the Arsenal deal, only has 12 months left and is off to Liverpool for 25m.

May 19, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
Reply #32

trueevertonianpaul

Simple answer. Chamberlain yes. Walcott no way

May 19, 2017, 12:32:47 AM
Reply #33

Shogun

Administrator
I'd have Walcott all day. Despite his reputation, he does produce a fair amount of goals and assists whilst I'd think he'd be close in the role Mirallas has been playing. Only problem is he's a kopite.

Oxlade-Chamberlain flatters to deceive for me.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 19, 2017, 01:48:44 AM
Reply #34

BlueForYou

No to Walcott

Yes to Ox @ 25m - 30m
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 19, 2017, 01:52:52 AM
Reply #35

ally2

AOC is injured too much. And he's a meat head as well.  It would sadden me to sign Walcott who is so soft and brainless. I want intelligent players at our club.

May 19, 2017, 02:03:35 AM
Reply #36

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'd hate to see us go for this type of player.

July 16, 2017, 05:10:29 AM
Reply #37

KoemansNumberTens

30m for Walcott is the latest link. That and 45m for Sigurdsson would be a massively disappointing end to the window. Safe signings for a lot of money who are good enough for us but not quite good enough for us to take the next step

July 16, 2017, 05:15:03 AM
Reply #38

Bluedylan

30m for Walcott is the latest link. That and 45m for Sigurdsson would be a massively disappointing end to the window. Safe signings for a lot of money who are good enough for us but not quite good enough for us to take the next step

It's John Richardson with the Walcott link, and literally no other 'journalist'. There are people who don't even understand the concept of football with greater insight into our transfer dealings than John Richardson.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 16, 2017, 05:25:02 AM
Reply #39

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Walcott was linked beginning of summer too.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

July 16, 2017, 06:00:46 AM
Reply #40

Ross

Be very happy to see Walcott here for that sort of fee.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 16, 2017, 06:08:48 AM
Reply #41

ally2

Walcott is also soft, over paid and a proven failure. And AOC has a poor injury record and still doesn't know what's his best position plus looks like a kebab.

July 16, 2017, 06:26:48 AM
Reply #42

Tony Clifton

Walcott is also soft, over paid and a proven failure. And AOC has a poor injury record and still doesn't know what's his best position plus looks like a kebab.

lolol

Oxtail kebab?  "The Ox"  ::)  He's definitely one for our strange neighbours across the park him.

Would've been happy with Walcott way back whenever he moved (seems like decades now), but not now.

July 16, 2017, 06:33:24 AM
Reply #43

Rhys

He's played 30 games+ every season bar 2 for the last 11 seasons for a team that has finished in the top 4 in 10 of those 11 seasons and won 3 trophies in the last 4 years. He isnt brilliant, he may have some draw backs but he would definitely be a big step up on what we have as options for wide areas currently as well as adding much needed pace and he has proven over a long time he is good enough for a team competing for the top 4.

We need to be looking at how do we score 70+ league goals to achieve what we want to and he's the kind of player if he played 30-35 league games you'd likely get 10 goals from him from the right wing which isnt easy to find someone who pretty much guarantees that. Yes it might be safe but for me its the kind of signing which guarantees improvements on our level and you need ones like that when there are unknowns around the likes of Klaasen, Sandro and exactly what level Rooney will be.

July 16, 2017, 06:41:37 AM
Reply #44

SpankRock

Rate Chamberlain, would certainly improve our squad and possibly our XI. Not keen on Walcott despite the pace angle. Can't see either happening mind, there will be a more alluring option ahead of us in the queue.