June 28, 2017, 12:34:06 AM

Author Topic: Thoughts on Iheanacho??  (Read 4712 times)

May 19, 2017, 01:05:51 AM
Reply #15

Macca77

Is he worth 20 million?

May 19, 2017, 01:15:35 AM
Reply #16

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Worth is too difficult to fathom nowadays.

May 19, 2017, 02:06:35 AM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
oh look someone got a few goals in a tem full of world class players let spend 20m on him

I take yous back a few years , would yous want to blow 20m on a player that might become good some day

if players are happy to play about 12hrs of football at clubs like man city in 2 years why the fuck would you want to pay 20m for them

and the 1st post back about this post will be BUT he might be great  if he gets a run of games , for 20m I would like to fucking now for sure what he is like after a run of games

But we're not back a few years are we
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 19, 2017, 02:21:24 AM
Reply #18

Evertonian in NC

would it be easy for you if I typed you-all

really 4 lines there to read or talk about and you take that out of it lol fuck right off

That's why y'all is such a functional Southern-ism.  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 19, 2017, 02:26:09 AM
Reply #19

Ridge

Do the girls shy away away when he introduces himself as Kelechi?

May 19, 2017, 02:37:08 AM
Reply #20

Cozzie

Is he worth 20 million?

Nah, worth a whole lot more in my opinion.

May 19, 2017, 02:48:09 AM
Reply #21

Macca77

Nah, worth a whole lot more in my opinion.

Seriously? How, whats he done to justify the price tag?

May 19, 2017, 02:50:01 AM
Reply #22

Evertonian in NC

It's not justification, it's talent and potential (combined with market forces).  I'd do 20m in a heartbeat.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 19, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
Reply #23

MartinezsLeftTeste

Are people just going off his record in terms of goals per minutes because for me he's not played enough for me to have any idea if he's great or not

May 19, 2017, 03:45:59 AM
Reply #24

Macca77

Are people just going off his record in terms of goals per minutes because for me he's not played enough for me to have any idea if he's great or not

Exactly

May 19, 2017, 03:46:07 AM
Reply #25

Cozzie

Seriously? How, whats he done to justify the price tag?

20M is the stand alone throw away figure nowadays that people drum up as the standard figure to place on anyone and everyone. It's the new 10-15M you could say.

20M bids will be the norm and will no longer surprise people very soon just as they dont surprise me any more, the market has gone bonkers.

To justify the price tag well his goals to minutes/game ratio isnt bad considering the little he has played a lot of his games as a sub.

To be honest he probably hasn't done much to justify it but the way the market is and the potential this kid has its surprising that 20M would get it done, when you see the price some players are being sold at.

My assumption was more based on how the market is really than whether or not he is worth it, for 20M I'd do it tomorrow no chance they will want that though.

May 19, 2017, 03:47:39 AM
Reply #26

Cozzie

It's not justification, it's talent and potential (combined with market forces).  I'd do 20m in a heartbeat.

In some ways this was what I was tryna say, @Evertonian in NC just said it better and more shorter, haha.

In "todays market" I think 20M is very low for someone like him who has amazing potential.

May 19, 2017, 03:47:40 AM
Reply #27

bogie

But we're not back a few years are we

just having money at the club now for the 1st time in what 30 years and you would be happy to waste it on a might be , I don't get it

May 19, 2017, 03:56:11 AM
Reply #28

Evertonian in NC

In some ways this was what I was tryna say, @Evertonian in NC just said it better and more shorter, haha.

In "todays market" I think 20M is very low for someone like him who has amazing potential.

Thanks!  Nice to not feel like a total idiot for a few seconds today.  One can also look at it this way - he's established the "floor" of being an impact sub at this level, which is plenty valuable.  The upside is him becoming the next big thing.  In the middle, he's a very solid starter for a club like Everton.

May 19, 2017, 04:02:15 AM
Reply #29

MartinezsLeftTeste

I'm not saying he doesn't but why do you think he has amazing potential? I've no clue if he does or doesn't. Came with a massive reputation and has really been unable to get any minutes despite injuries to other strikers and now they are willing to sell cheap.
I do wonder if his amazing potential is more the reputation he came with rather than anything people have seen now.
I'm not against signing him. I just genuinely couldn't tell you much about him