June 24, 2017, 12:06:01 AM

Author Topic: Thoughts on Iheanacho??  (Read 4541 times)

May 19, 2017, 04:02:17 AM
Reply #30

Cozzie

Thanks!  Nice to not feel like a total idiot for a few seconds today.  One can also look at it this way - he's established the "floor" of being an impact sub at this level, which is plenty valuable.  The upside is him becoming the next big thing.  In the middle, he's a very solid starter for a club like Everton.

Also capped 8 times by Nigeria scoring 5.

Every time I have seen him score as well they have all been nice neat and tidy finishes.

If lukaku is sold, and we bring him in purely on his potential along side a PROVEN forward then I cant see much wrong with it.

May 19, 2017, 04:03:15 AM
Reply #31

Cozzie

I'm not saying he doesn't but why do you think he has amazing potential? I've no clue if he does or doesn't. Came with a massive reputation and has really been unable to get any minutes despite injuries to other strikers and now they are willing to sell cheap.
I do wonder if his amazing potential is more the reputation he came with rather than anything people have seen now.
I'm not against signing him. I just genuinely couldn't tell you much about him

It is maybe more down to personal preference. I have liked the look of him for the brief times I have seen him, Personally I think it would be a good move to get him in.

May 19, 2017, 04:10:11 AM
Reply #32

MartinezsLeftTeste

It is maybe more down to personal preference. I have liked the look of him for the brief times I have seen him, Personally I think it would be a good move to get him in.

Not saying you're wrong you've probably seen more of him than I have. Like you say 20m really isn't much now. I'm really just not in a position to make a judgment on him

May 19, 2017, 04:37:04 AM
Reply #33

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah being honest, I do believe we're going to have to spend sums like that on players of that level (and that might be the best case scenario) but I'm not particularly happy about it really, so I do see where you are coming from @bogie I just think it might be a reality and if it's overspend or nothing I'll take it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 19, 2017, 04:41:02 AM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Look, City spunked 48 million on John Stones! 20 million is a no brainer but we have to bring in other more established strikers and forward players too.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

May 19, 2017, 04:43:31 AM
Reply #35

MartinezsLeftTeste

Look, City spunked 48 million on John Stones! 20 million is a no brainer but we have to bring in other more established strikers and forward players too.

Englands baresi? This time last year people on here were insisting that was a bargain

May 19, 2017, 04:53:24 AM
Reply #36

Macca77

Not saying you're wrong you've probably seen more of him than I have. Like you say 20m really isn't much now. I'm really just not in a position to make a judgment on him

Im pretty much singing from the same hymn sheet here, I dont know enough about him at all, that's not a bad thing like, didnt know anything about Gana either and he turned out ok, albeit at a much lower price.

May 19, 2017, 05:07:38 AM
Reply #37

Thornton_19

We need to be replacing Lukaku with 2 or 3 strikers. We need to get in 2 minimum even if he stays.

I would love us to bring in a young striker, a proven striker and maybe a gamble too.
I feel Iheanacho would be a great signing for us. I wouldnt want us to be relying on him too heavily though.

May 19, 2017, 12:39:21 PM
Reply #38

Rhys

20 mills fuck all now, hes played a fair amount and got a good goalscoring return

It's isn't huge money these days I agree. However he has only started 12 league games in his career and just over 1000 minutes of PL football so it is a very small sample to be confident on what return you would get for your money.

I can understand going for him if we get someone more experienced and proven but even if it's a gamble worth going for with iheanacho, it would still be a gamble for someone with so few minutes starting matches.

May 19, 2017, 12:45:16 PM
Reply #39

Rhys

But again using my above one of playing 1000 minutes in his league career whereas with stones he'd played nearly 100 games at the top level for us starting most of them. On top of that ignoring his last 12 months with us he'd had 18 months for us where he'd looked top level player in the making most weeks where people could see what he is capable of.

Iheanacho has had 12 starts in the league in 2 seasons and most of his impacts have been coming off the bench when it is easier as a striker to find space when defences are tired and games can be stretched.

As you say if we brought in a good experienced striker as well it's less of an issue. However it all depends on if we have the money to cover the other areas we desperately need as well but it is a bit of a roll the dice signing because he has never had a run of games starting where people can get a view on him what he is like over a decent period to judge.

May 19, 2017, 12:48:24 PM
Reply #40

BlueBeagle

Wouldn't be happy with him as our main striker.

Would have him as backup/off the bench.

May 19, 2017, 02:40:19 PM
Reply #41

Hawkandro

Yep. I'm in.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

May 19, 2017, 04:09:40 PM
Reply #42

Optimistic Blue

I would actually say hes one of the more less risky options of strikers we can actually get.
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

May 19, 2017, 04:20:34 PM
Reply #43

Macca77

Sky Sports understands West Ham are interested in signing Iheanacho

May 19, 2017, 04:23:41 PM
Reply #44

TheTone

A big fat yes from me, 10m up front and the rest depending on , well depending on whatever we can write up in the small print like