October 19, 2017, 08:56:56 AM

Author Topic: Thoughts on Iheanacho??  (Read 7289 times)

May 19, 2017, 05:05:43 PM
Reply #45

Ramjam

Sky Sports understands West Ham are interested in signing Iheanacho

And Lukaku
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

deCoubertin

May 19, 2017, 10:26:01 PM
Reply #46

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think he's looked pretty average whenever I've seen him. Seems kinda one note too in terms of what he offers as a player.

I haven't seen much progression from him either in his time at Man City.

May 19, 2017, 10:30:03 PM
Reply #47

Lxxx

I think he's looked pretty average whenever I've seen him. Seems kinda one note too in terms of what he offers as a player.

I haven't seen much progression from him either in his time at Man City.

Give the lad a chance. How can he progress without playing football?

May 19, 2017, 10:38:33 PM
Reply #48

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Give the lad a chance. How can he progress without playing football?

Well...that's part of the issue isn't it?

If he isn't getting opportunities he should get out on loan, much like Lukaku did and show what he can do on a regular basis. Either way, the end result is the same at the moment...stagnation in the short term at least.

May 19, 2017, 10:42:47 PM
Reply #49

Lxxx

Well...that's part of the issue isn't it?

If he isn't getting opportunities he should get out on loan, much like Lukaku did and show what he can do on a regular basis. Either way, the end result is the same at the moment...stagnation in the short term at least.

I'd take him on loan for a year. We're going to need a few Valencia-type signings with about 60 games to come this season. We can't be buying 6-8 first team-ready players in one window, you wouldn't have thought.

May 19, 2017, 10:50:37 PM
Reply #50

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'd take him on loan for a year. We're going to need a few Valencia-type signings with about 60 games to come this season. We can't be buying 6-8 first team-ready players in one window, you wouldn't have thought.

On loan, absolutely. That'd be perfect, especially with an option to buy at a set price.

In terms of throwing 20 mil at City though for a player who has hardly played...I think that'd be an unnecessary risk. I think if he continues to sit on City's bench (let's face it he isn't getting in ahead of Jesus) then I think that'd speak volumes about a player who isn't confident enough in himself to make the jump up to being a regular PL player, or possibly is just happy to collect a big paycheck. One way or another he should be getting out of there this summer.

If we want him though, I don't think we should be throwing silly money around as City have no strong reason to keep him (in the short term at least) so we'd have a pretty decent bargaining position.

May 20, 2017, 12:40:23 AM
Reply #51

D_murph0278

Can't see him being available on loan if at all. I'd imagine there'll be more than ourselves intetested in him at £20 million, probably including them lot, West ham and Newcastle maybe.... Would love him though, looked a good player whenever he's got a game.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

May 23, 2017, 03:05:27 PM
Reply #52

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
From his agent:

Itís clear he wonít be sold to a direct title rival by Man City. So when I see the reported interest from Spurs, I know if it becomes official it will be dismissed outrightly, but Everton and West Ham we will have to wait and see.

May 23, 2017, 08:17:03 PM
Reply #53

Robioto

May 23, 2017, 08:26:25 PM
Reply #54

Lxxx

More rumours today in the Echo:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfer-rumours-kelechi-iheanachos-13076666

Bit depressing to still hear us mentioned in the same sentence as West Ham but I suppose it's to be expected. They were the best of the rest the season before last and Bilic was walking at water at that stage. Fickle business.

May 23, 2017, 08:35:01 PM
Reply #55

KoemansNumberTens

Bit depressing to still hear us mentioned in the same sentence as West Ham but I suppose it's to be expected. They were the best of the rest the season before last and Bilic was walking at water at that stage. Fickle business.

Or atletico with Sandro. The reality is we are in neither group.

May 23, 2017, 09:01:57 PM
Reply #56

BlueNoseMike

Or atletico with Sandro. The reality is we are in neither group.

Yep. We are most middle ground club around at the moment. Considerably worse and less appealing than the elite. Vastly superior to the also rans. We are going to be linked with a wide variety of shite and quality and mostly get something in the middle

May 23, 2017, 09:08:35 PM
Reply #57

Lxxx

Yep. We are most middle ground club around at the moment. Considerably worse and less appealing than the elite. Vastly superior to the also rans. We are going to be linked with a wide variety of shite and quality and mostly get something in the middle

We're also not located in London which gives us another issue when asking people to relocate. Hundred grand a week to live in London is an attractive proposition to a lot of people and is what has got West Ham over the line with a few players in the past few years like Payet.

May 26, 2017, 11:15:02 PM
Reply #58

Paddockoldie

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes but we're always slow at getting deals done and getting popped at the post. If we're going for him he needs to see he's wanted. This may fire his interest or the likes of West Ham will nip in because they seem more proactive.

May 26, 2017, 11:20:31 PM
Reply #59

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We don't know what's going on behind the scenes but we're always slow at getting deals done and getting popped at the post. If we're going for him he needs to see he's wanted. This may fire his interest or the likes of West Ham will nip in because they seem more proactive.

I'd imagine given his agent's comments that we have let them know we're interested.

I'd bet that he'd rather play CL so he's not going to just sign for us or West Ham without seeing what else is out there.