Who is going to Win this On Sunday

Romelu Lukaku
7 (11.3%)
Alexis Sanchez
2 (3.2%)
Harry Kane
53 (85.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: Premier League Golden Boot  (Read 1912 times)

May 19, 2017, 03:11:48 AM
Reply #15

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
You being pedantic.

Well if making a factual statement is pedantic then so be it, saying he is most likely to win when Kane is equal and on a hatrick with only Hull to play on Sunday is plain daft.

May 19, 2017, 03:13:33 AM
Reply #16

penguinofdoom1878

Its impressive that Rom is joint top with the players he has around him compared with the players Kane has around him. I think Rom would be on 30+ in a side like Tottenhams

May 19, 2017, 03:14:42 AM
Reply #17

Evertonian in NC

He is a once in a generation player.  Perhaps we are meaning different things by this, but we won't see a player this good in an Everton shirt for another 20 years, probably more.

That's what I meant.

Also, if I could start a franchise with just one player from the Premier League, Lukaku is who I would pick.  Combination of age, ability, and potential to grow into even more.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 19, 2017, 03:16:50 AM
Reply #18

blue slug

Its impressive that Rom is joint top with the players he has around him compared with the players Kane has around him. I think Rom would be on 30+ in a side like Tottenhams

Swear Kane's been out injured quite a bit hasn't he? Roms still done us good like

May 19, 2017, 03:22:39 AM
Reply #19

velimski

Swear Kane's been out injured quite a bit hasn't he? Roms still done us good like

Missed 8 games in total which makes his goal tally all the more impressive.

May 19, 2017, 03:25:40 AM
Reply #20

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
He is a once in a generation player.  Perhaps we are meaning different things by this, but we won't see a player this good in an Everton shirt for another 20 years, probably more.

That's what I meant.

Also, if I could start a franchise with just one player from the Premier League, Lukaku is who I would pick.  Combination of age, ability, and potential to grow into even more.

Thems some blue tinted specs there.  No chance you pick Lukaku to build a team around out of every player in the premiership.  None.
I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

May 19, 2017, 03:26:56 AM
Reply #21

penguinofdoom1878

Yes he has and undoubtedly would probably have more, but he also benefits from a break which Rom hasnt had for a few years.. What I mean is we are 7th and have the joint top goal scorer with the team in 2nd, sometimes probably because we know he's capable of so much more our fans are a little over critical of Lukaku (not a dig at anyone in this thread).

Looking at the BBC scorers page

Lukaku - 24 Goals - 6 Assists - 63% shots on target - 132 minutes per goal - 3,177 minutes played.
Kane - 24 Goals - 6 Assists - 65% shots on target - 102 minutes per goal - 2452 minutes played.
Sanchez - 23 Goals - 6 Assists - 56% shots on target - 137 minutes per goal - 3,155 minutes played.

May 19, 2017, 03:29:58 AM
Reply #22

MartinezsLeftTeste

Kane's a better player. You'd struggle to find someone who isn't an Everton fan that doesn't agree with that

May 19, 2017, 03:30:16 AM
Reply #23

Ross

NSNO Subscriber
Is there really something wrong in thinking Harry Kane is a better more committed all round player than Romelu Lukaku?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 19, 2017, 03:30:28 AM
Reply #24

sam of the south

Thems some blue tinted specs there.  No chance you pick Lukaku to build a team around out of every player in the premiership.  None.

With you there.

Don't get me wrong, he's the best striker we've had since Lineker, but I would swap him for Kane or Sanchez in a heartbeat, especially in a Koeman side, because they both run the channels and harass the opposition (particularly Sanchez)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 19, 2017, 03:31:18 AM
Reply #25

indiantoffee1975

No one is knocking Lukaku, people are looking at it on current form Sanchez and Kane have stepped it up, Kane has also hit the ground running after coming back from injury, otherwise he'd be well ahead of Lukaku now. Rom's season finished against Burnley when we secured 7th, it was job done for him then and probably the final job for him in an Everton shirt.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 03:45:02 AM by indiantoffee1975 »

May 19, 2017, 03:32:45 AM
Reply #26

indiantoffee1975

Kane hattrick. Irrelevant now away.

May 19, 2017, 03:33:41 AM
Reply #27

TheTone

One season wonder that Kane yer know

May 19, 2017, 03:34:14 AM
Reply #28

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
4 goals by Kane now....

May 19, 2017, 03:34:31 AM
Reply #29

MartinezsLeftTeste

That's what I meant.

Over hazard? Or Kane? Or Ali? Or Kante? Or Sanchez? Football is all about opinions and there's probably no certain right answer but I think you'd find it very difficult to find many to agree with you that support other teams.