November 25, 2017, 05:43:26 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Should we sack Steve Walsh?
« Last post by Ross on 1 minute ago »
Sooner get rid of the bloke now if it saves us from another transfer window like the ones he has overseen previously

Edit: Beaten to it by Brap by about 30 seconds!

We don’t know who or what Walsh was responsible for though. Seemingly almost everyone loves Vlasic and Sandro and rates them, do you think Koeman knew about them and requested them? Or even that lad we’ve parked in Belgium? Same with Lookman as well.

We do know Koeman wanted Rooney and Sigurdsson (and most likely Klaassen given his connections) as he was very vocal about it, previously Schneiderlin and Bolasie, players Walsh or anybody in his position wouldn’t have to scout. We also know Koeman wanted more “productivity” from the team, ie Goalscores and to be less reliant on a forward, hence the recruitment of multiple players who perform the same attacking role, and we know Koeman wanted Giroud and only Giroud (no point in options 2,3 or 4 etc etc).

Walsh could be a goldmine of knowledge given the freedom to operate properly, only time will tell, but he’s clearly been handicapped by Koemans influence over Moshiri in the past and the squad imbalance isnt down to him.

The whole Walsh witchhunt is odd given nobody actually knows his role, responsibilities or remit are.
The Everton Forum / Re: Who should we go for?
« Last post by gizzblue on 2 minutes ago »
Both recent shouts ...MON or AvB  reek of no footballing nouse in the board at all....where's the passion and purpose.
« Last post by Paddockoldie on 3 minutes ago »
If that prick O'neil takes over we're as good as relegated. I can't think of another manager I'd rather not have and that includes ex red shite... surely Bill will have a word and stop this. O'neil??? OMFG NOOOOOOOOOOO...
The Everton Forum / Re: Straq!!
« Last post by 74Blue on 6 minutes ago »
Naismith springs to mind
Naismith had his limitations as a footballer, but he was a constant pain in the arse to the opposition and would get himself into some very good positions to score goals. With the right striker in front of him, he was a very useful player. He also had that little bit of controlled nastiness in him, which is always a bonus.

Off the field, he seemed to be a proper top bloke, with all of his work that he would do for homeless charities etc.
« Last post by KoemansNumberTens on 6 minutes ago »
I think the fact that Walsh wanted Sam Allardyce says a lot about his level of ambition tbh

As opposed to Simeone and an unavailable silva
« Last post by toffee_scot on 7 minutes ago »
I just think, if I’m Sporting Director the first fucking job on the list is to go right, here’s my ten strikers that will be to do some of the things that Lukaku could do. I’ve used our new data fella to help out it together and yeah, girouds on the list but there’s 9 other fellas so don’t get distracted ok?

I wonder if Everton still have a partnership with Sports Interactive regarding using the full Football Manager database.
The Everton Forum / Re: Moshiri
« Last post by brap2 on 9 minutes ago »
Uncomfortable as it may be, kenwright probably has the better track record at the moment.

So any mad decisions that don’t seem to be in keeping with the last 20 years of fairly steady but uninspiring management of the club, especially when they go haywire, is gunna be levelled at  Moshiri.
« Last post by Bluedylan on 11 minutes ago »
On a slightly positive note, he's probably more than paid for himself by recommending Gana and Onyekuru.
« Last post by brap2 on 14 minutes ago »
It’d be a significant moment in our history to see o’neill and Keane in the dugout, glowering in their lotto trabs and Slazenger trackies.

It would be a huge, huge mistake, and we’d go down.
« Last post by Makis on 15 minutes ago »
It's just an aspect of the game today that managers can't do everything. There was a time when they were also practically the head scout but their schedule got so busy it was a good idea to hire someone to that role.

This model has been used in the continent for a long time, in fact in many countries they have never had a British-style manager who has a dual role. Manager's job is to make the best of the team he is provided. US sports is the same, btw. You have a general manager who deals with team building and all that and a head coach who is in charge of game-related things. The idea is simple: you can change the coach but you still have a guy in charge of the larger picture. You don't scrap everything that happened in the past two or three years just because the new guy has a new idea on how to build the team.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10