December 14, 2017, 11:01:16 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Sunderland 2-1  (Read 30884 times)

November 05, 2012, 10:58:10 PM
Reply #30

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don`t think teams can be as successful parking the bus when they play us anymore.

With Fellaini`s ability to bring the ball down in the final third it means that we more options and ways to attack teams. We aren`t moving the ball from side-to-side waiting for an opening, we can get the ball upfield quickly and the way Pienaar and Mirallas are able to play off Fellaini means that we can pull their defence all over the place.

I don`t think we`ll be able to keep a clean sheet, we just don`t look like doing it at the moment. But does anyone look like stopping us from scoring? No way.

This should be a win, but in all truth it will probably be a bit tougher than most are expecting.

This.

Plus they'll have seen losing to Villa as an embarrassment. Teams often react by playing a lot better than their recent form after such a result.

If we can get on top then their low confidence could make them crumble; however I can tell that our crowd will be grumbling if we're not 2-0 after 20 mins which brings its own problems.

Also not many teams will create the amount of chances we did at Fulham week after week. It's a few games since we did it at Swansea (to that level at least) so it's overly optimistic to think that we're bound to do it against a side that doesn't concede many.

As you say, I can see this being tight so I'd take a solid victory with a clean sheet now if offered.

November 05, 2012, 11:21:06 PM
Reply #31

Alanvideo

I'm sorry to say The Scottish Rooney won't be playing as he pulled a hamstring in training. This means he is likely to be injured for the entire length of his new short-term contract with the Mackems........but could be available to be signed by David Moyes for the 3rd time in the January window. Watch this space. :bonk:
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 06, 2012, 12:10:20 AM
Reply #32

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's all about the first goal. If we can get it for once, their confidence will sink. If we hand them one on a plate like we have so many other sides they'll try to cling on and make it an uphill slog for the rest of the game.

Hopefully Jelavic brings his scoring boots for this one.

November 06, 2012, 01:09:36 AM
Reply #33

GrantyBoy78

Just seen on MNF that Sunderland have only had 12 shots on target ALL SEASON!

November 06, 2012, 01:23:36 AM
Reply #34

Ross

Just seen on MNF that Sunderland have only had 12 shots on target ALL SEASON!

Heard that as well, but we all know how charitable we are to teams who are on a bad run
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 06, 2012, 06:49:07 AM
Reply #35

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Will defo kill myself if we dont win this one

November 06, 2012, 01:51:42 PM
Reply #36

GrantyBoy78

Well it's win-win for the rest of us then Ramster

November 06, 2012, 02:41:09 PM
Reply #37

GoodisonPk

Had a look on their boards - what a depressing read for them not one person thinks they can win - NOT ONE!!!.....hopefully it comes true but we all know when we expect the 3 points ....

November 06, 2012, 06:27:19 PM
Reply #38

jonesey10

We are due to give someone an absolute twatting.
It's gonna be this weekend against Sunderland.
5 or 6 nil.

November 06, 2012, 06:49:31 PM
Reply #39

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We are due to give someone an absolute twatting.
It's gonna be this weekend against Sunderland.
5 or 6 nil.

Haven't they only conceded 9 goals? Their defence is pretty solid, but they have trouble scoring. I think this will be a bit like playing Stoke and I'll be happy with a win of any sort, hopefully though by a couple of goals to allow for us switching off late in the game.

November 06, 2012, 06:50:26 PM
Reply #40

sharpattack

Well it's win-win for the rest of us then Ramster
PMSL
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

November 06, 2012, 09:13:37 PM
Reply #41

dlock78

This has all the markings of an Everton special. Concede after 10 mins, dominate the rest of the game, score late on to nick a point.

But we ARE due to batter someone, and I would be more than happy for that to be a team managed by Martin O'neill.

Does that nasty little thug Cattermole still get a game for them? If so, can easily see him trying to do a number on Mirallas/Pienaar/Osman, or all of them!
Born not manufactured

November 06, 2012, 10:15:45 PM
Reply #42

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Haven't they only conceded 9 goals? Their defence is pretty solid, but they have trouble scoring. I think this will be a bit like playing Stoke and I'll be happy with a win of any sort, hopefully though by a couple of goals to allow for us switching off late in the game.

This.

November 06, 2012, 10:57:33 PM
Reply #43

cantoffee

I`d put significant money on Cattermole injuring one of our players.

November 06, 2012, 11:18:00 PM
Reply #44

Derek

and on him being a twat more generally.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku