Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 54322 times)

Cozzie, Shogun, chart7, BlueBeagle, kramer0, Coyney83, Frevski, penguinofdoom1878, bigac, Zoolander, bluenuck, TheRam, duncandisorderly, arteta4spain, Glory, toshyboy, dazfrancis, trueevertonianpaul, Eddiesheeds, mikey_blue and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.

November 15, 2017, 01:52:00 AM
Reply #1695

Bluedylan

Moshiri isnít going to put his money the club so itís not a bottomless pit. So spunking money on manager after manager will impact which players and the quality of player we bring in.

Hardly. We're in the age of insane fees. You'd do well to get a promising League One player for £8m, the amount we're spending on Silva, if it happens.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

deCoubertin

November 15, 2017, 02:17:37 AM
Reply #1696

Tinga

I guess it could be worse, we could be advertising Chicken at half time.

November 15, 2017, 02:27:16 AM
Reply #1697

Ross

The compensation to other clubs pales into insignificance when you look at the severance pay we pay out after chasing these managers and offering them wages above and beyond their capabilities just to get them here. When youíre repeating this every few years as well as changing the whole ethos of the squad to suit the new incumbent it becomes a proper expensive mess. 

At least if you pay over the odds for a player youíll recoup some money if it turns to shit a bad managerial appointment costs more money the worse they perform.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 15, 2017, 03:23:58 AM
Reply #1698

GrantyBoy78

Hardly. We're in the age of insane fees. You'd do well to get a promising League One player for £8m, the amount we're spending on Silva, if it happens.
Itís more like £30m hiring and firing managers since Moshiri got here, but get your point.

November 15, 2017, 03:26:36 AM
Reply #1699

Bluedylan

Itís more like £30m hiring and firing managers since Moshiri got here, but get your point.

Yeah like I say, I struggle to care when Gylfi and Walker are going for £45m and £50m and are infinitely less important in the grand scheme of things than a manager.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 15, 2017, 03:28:37 AM
Reply #1700

Cereal Killer

The compensation to other clubs pales into insignificance when you look at the severance pay we pay out after chasing these managers and offering them wages above and beyond their capabilities just to get them here. When youíre repeating this every few years as well as changing the whole ethos of the squad to suit the new incumbent it becomes a proper expensive mess. 

At least if you pay over the odds for a player youíll recoup some money if it turns to shit a bad managerial appointment costs more money the worse they perform.

Still don't get why clubs don't build more performance related clauses into contracts, what other jobs can you fail against all targets and then be paid a massive wedge to leave?

November 15, 2017, 03:29:12 AM
Reply #1701

GrantyBoy78

The compensation to other clubs pales into insignificance when you look at the severance pay we pay out after chasing these managers and offering them wages above and beyond their capabilities just to get them here. When you're repeating this every few years as well as changing the whole ethos of the squad to suit the new incumbent it becomes a proper expensive mess. 

At least if you pay over the odds for a player you'll recoup some money if it turns to shit a bad managerial appointment costs more money the worse they perform.
I assume weíre going to pay him roughly the same as Koeman? Or youíd assume so as paying him less would infer we donít think heís as good a manager as Koeman. So Silva, out of relative obscurity becomes one of the worldís best paid managers? Itís all getting a bit silly.

November 15, 2017, 03:37:56 AM
Reply #1702

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
In the scheme of things itís hard to be arsed about £8m.

November 15, 2017, 06:06:18 AM
Reply #1703

everton1952

Martin O'Neill and that horrible sidekick of his might be available, now that he has run out of luck with the Republic. Rather have him than Big Sam. We would see fireworks and passion in every game but unfortunately no football. Maybe Silva is a better option. Talking about Ireland I am sorry for Seamus. 

November 15, 2017, 10:20:00 AM
Reply #1704

bluenuck

Still don't get why clubs don't build more performance related clauses into contracts, what other jobs can you fail against all targets and then be paid a massive wedge to leave?

Politician. CEO. Pretty much any senior level position in any massive business like oil, or gas, or banking. Heck, the CEO of air canada bankrupt the company twice and still got his multi million dollar bonus. Top actors and actresses get payed a massive wedge no matter how well the movie does in the box office.

I'm probably missing a few, too. But let's keep this thread on track.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:22:18 AM by bluenuck »

November 15, 2017, 01:15:28 PM
Reply #1705

Monkey Gland

I think the Martin O'Neill call isnt a bad one.
He did very well in club management and is a great motivator

November 15, 2017, 01:24:41 PM
Reply #1706

Macca77

Martin O'Neill is shit

November 15, 2017, 02:02:28 PM
Reply #1707

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Weíd go down
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 15, 2017, 02:35:25 PM
Reply #1708

ally2

I'd rather have Allardyce then O'Neil

November 15, 2017, 02:41:05 PM
Reply #1709

Jamokachi

lolol