17 (34%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Stones (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle  (Read 30106 times)

October 01, 2013, 04:14:24 AM
Reply #360

Major Clanger

But despite Newcastle improving significantly in the second half I thought for 20-25 minutes or so we managed to get some control again of the game and it was extremely encouraging to see us create the chances we did, we could have scored another two goals with a tiny bit more luck at that end.

We wrested control back for short periods but nowhere near enough to break them.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 01, 2013, 04:15:52 AM
Reply #361

Shogun

Administrator
Happy days, 3 points.

12 points out of 18 and still unbeaten.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 01, 2013, 04:16:07 AM
Reply #362

Bluedylan

No, the fact that they got Williamson and Coloccini organised to counter Lukaku is what spurred them on. They were well in the ascendancy by the time Cabaye scored and that was because from the first kick in the second half they've got Lukaku covered. That and Cabaye gave their midfield the confidence to attack the ball more quickly and move it around better and that led to the goal.

And not the other way around.

Point taken, but it's as much psychological as tactical. They must've been slaughtered by Pardew at half time, and were bound to come out firing. We don't have the luxury of dominating games like that very often, and that nervousness filtered into some of our tentative play. If we'd seen them off for another 10-15 mins, the game would've been done and dusted.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:16:42 AM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 01, 2013, 04:18:39 AM
Reply #363

steve81

coleman improves everytime i see him best player on the pitch for me

October 01, 2013, 04:18:46 AM
Reply #364

Gash

Global Moderator
whatever mate move on with the rest of the sheep

It's nothing to do with following the "sheep". Just because you see everyone as sheep doesn't mean everyone follows each other, it means that most recognise that you're a negative person. We're up to 4th in the league, still the only team undefeated in the league yet you suddenly start spouting your usual shite when the game starts getting tight, having said fuck all when were playing some great football. Go figure why the "sheep" think you're boring.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:20:24 AM by Gash »

October 01, 2013, 04:19:06 AM
Reply #365

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Second half our tempo dropped and the passing became slower but still think we were well worth the win

Simply simply lovely

October 01, 2013, 04:19:07 AM
Reply #366

Major Clanger

Point taken, but it's as much psychological as tactical. They must've been slaughtered by Pardew at half time, and were bound to come out firing. We don't have the luxury of dominating games like that very often, and that nervousness filtered into some of our tentative play. If we'd seen them off for another 10-15 mins, the game would've been done and dusted.

Yeah, probably.

You know what the funny thing is though and something the players should be made aware of? That for all our great approach play and possession, two of our goals were actually scored from a Howard punt, the third one from Newcastle losing possession in their half. So just because we don't control the middle as much as we'd like to, we should have the confidence that we can still score.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:20:20 AM by Major Clanger »

October 01, 2013, 04:19:39 AM
Reply #367

Jimbo and the Jetset

Am I pushing the point a bit to suggest that some of our first half play was Barcelonaesque?
Life as an Evertonian isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

October 01, 2013, 04:19:40 AM
Reply #368

gwells

A good win I think we had opportunities to have buried Newcastle in second half so it shouldn't have been a bum sqeaker. Dowd was awful how he let Tioti stay on after he fouls he comitted after being booked is beyond me. Everton 7/8 fouls 3 yellows, Newcastle 17 fouls 1 yellow???
Lots of positives I thought, Lukaku, Barkley, I thought McCarthy was really good. Osman and Howard worry me, Osman lost and gave the ball away to easily in second half and Mirallas faded again. Howard was shocking useless effort for second goal and his kicks awful.

October 01, 2013, 04:20:52 AM
Reply #369

steve81

It's nothing to do with following the "sheep". Just because you see everyone as sheep doesn't mean everyone follows each other, it means that most recognise that you're a negative person. We're up to 4th in the league, still the only team undefeated team in the league yet you suddenly start spouting your usual shite when the game starts getting tight, having said fuck all when were playing some great football. Go figure why the "sheep" think you're boring.
nothing wrong with it 4th in the league but how many tough games have we played and we are only 6 games in

October 01, 2013, 04:21:26 AM
Reply #370

Major Clanger

A good win I think we had opportunities to have buried Newcastle in second half so it shouldn't have been a bum sqeaker. Dowd was awful how he let Tioti stay on after he fouls he comitted after being booked is beyond me. Everton 7/8 fouls 3 yellows, Newcastle 17 fouls 1 yellow???
Lots of positives I thought, Lukaku, Barkley, I thought McCarthy was really good. Osman and Howard worry me, Osman lost and gave the ball away to easily in second half and Mirallas faded again. Howard was shocking useless effort for second goal and his kicks awful.

Osman was knackered in the second half but his first half was his best so far in the season. And Howard didn't put a foot wrong tonight.

October 01, 2013, 04:22:56 AM
Reply #371

toffee_scot

We wrested control back for short periods but nowhere near enough to break them.

Well compared to the first half of course especially with Cabaye on and Williamson on for Yanga-Mbiwa but we still had a few good opportunities in the second half with Osman's effort, Coleman getting forward and Deulofeu running in to the box.

Also, I thought Baines was much improved in the second half especially getting forward.

October 01, 2013, 04:23:08 AM
Reply #372

Gash

Global Moderator
nothing wrong with it 4th in the league but how many tough games have we played and we are only 6 games in

Chelsea say hello.

No, you're right, we should prepare for relegation then when it comes it's not such a big shock.

October 01, 2013, 04:23:12 AM
Reply #373

evertonarntwe

Now neville is gone is ossie the new scapegoat, thought he had a very decent game today. hardly gave the ball away i thought
sick of this dull boring negative prick now, horrible days yesterday and he comes out with this shit, ginger cunt needs to stop thinking he will be the next united manager

October 01, 2013, 04:24:00 AM
Reply #374

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Osman was knackered in the second half but his first half was his best so far in the season. And Howard didn't put a foot wrong tonight.
was gonna say the same

One prob today was mirallas, osman and lukaku tired rapidly second half

Simply simply lovely