17 (34%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Stones (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle  (Read 30136 times)

October 01, 2013, 04:48:07 AM
Reply #390

Simon Paul

Administrator
we all see things differently and Lukaku did seem to come alive a little later on in the game.  I don't think anyone at the game knew that Mirallas had taken a knock, so my thoughts were that he would go up top on his own with Deulofeu on the right replacing Lukaku.  The knock was clearly the reason why that wasn't done though.

I thought Barkley was just trying a little too hard to try and create something to kill the game off towards the end of his contribution.  What we needed for long periods was to keep hold of the ball and slow things down to take the heat out of things, but he wanted to make a goal, which is no bad thing really.

October 01, 2013, 04:49:17 AM
Reply #391

Major Clanger

The current football being played is mystifying. 3-0 at halftime, should be game-over, but no, like many other prem' games, a second half has you scratching your head. No-one had a bad for us and it's a shame McCarthy didn't have the awareness to close Cabaye down quicker - McCarthy's one mistake on an otherwise great performance.

As Roberto himself admitted, that happens quite often in football. Players take their foot off the gas just a tiny bit, not consciously but they still do, the opposition come out with a still smoking rocket up their arse and with nothing to lose, add that all up and you'll see lots of games where one team dominates the first half completely and then the second half changes everything. It wasn't that long ago we did it against West Ham.

The important difference is that we finally turned our first half domination into a lead that we could hold on to.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 01, 2013, 04:50:07 AM
Reply #392

Thornton_19

We were the better team throughout that game and fully deserved the win. Should of been by a few more goals. Conceding two is unfortunate but we never looked panicked which i enjoyed.

October 01, 2013, 04:50:38 AM
Reply #393

Major Clanger

Also needs to actually shoot.  Very guilty of trying to run the ball into the net as good as he is.

But that comes from the first problem, that he doesn't get into shooting positions. So he has to run and run until he bumps into the goalkeeper.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 01, 2013, 04:50:45 AM
Reply #394

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Have to say Mc Carthy showed much more of what he was about tonight. His all round game reminds me a little of Osman (in a good way).

October 01, 2013, 04:50:50 AM
Reply #395

sharpattack

Abysmal second half
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

October 01, 2013, 04:54:03 AM
Reply #396

toffee_scot

Abysmal second half

What about the first half?

October 01, 2013, 04:57:27 AM
Reply #397

Zoolander

Abysmal second half
Wouldn't say it was abysmal but it was poor in comparison to the first half

October 01, 2013, 04:58:01 AM
Reply #398

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
My only complaint from the game is he kept Mirallas on for as long as he did. He was limping before half time and didn't come out in a much better state. Everything was coming down our right side and Mirallas was doing nothing to help Coleman out. Naismith would've sured things up defensively taking the pressure off.

But hey great performance overall, fantastic first half and some good individual performances second half. What a difference it makes having someone up front who can actually do something never mind score.

Is right everton!
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

October 01, 2013, 04:58:21 AM
Reply #399

Shogun

Administrator
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 01, 2013, 04:59:03 AM
Reply #400

Les Trebilcock

As Roberto himself admitted, that happens quite often in football. Players take their foot off the gas just a tiny bit, not consciously but they still do, the opposition come out with a still smoking rocket up their arse and with nothing to lose, add that all up and you'll see lots of games where one team dominates the first half completely and then the second half changes everything. It wasn't that long ago we did it against West Ham.

The important difference is that we finally turned our first half domination into a lead that we could hold on to.

Aye, that, as it turned out, became just a leading margin Newcastle couldn't claw-back. I still find it weird that that ended as a nail-biter.
You can take that to the bank.

October 01, 2013, 04:59:20 AM
Reply #401

keiko

As Bluedylan says so many positives our last 2 live sky games have both been 5 goal thrillers, im sure every sky viewer is missing liverpools 1-0's.

Fair mention of McCarthy to had a fine game, Coleman also his best game of the season.
Deulofeu looked amazing when he come on, so unlucky not to score, that's all we have to do with him, bring him on the last 15-20 mins against tiring defences.

Barkley and Lukaku have the makings of a brilliant partnership, Ross is becoming a tremendous no 10. Finally Miralles great first half. All credit to Newcastle for making a game of it second half, but even then we could have scored another 3 or 4 more goals.

i do agree with you about ross barkley. he is very intelligent and impressive, and with the extra moment of special skill that most players don't have. and do not forget the really good goal by him , lol. i think he deserves a special mention because   he has become so important to the team so quickly into the season, he has set a high standard, it's easy to take him for granted, but it would be wrong to. ross is the best

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:59:52 AM by keiko »

October 01, 2013, 04:59:24 AM
Reply #402

The Good Citizen

Lukaku needs to a bit stonger receiving back to goal, always looking to offload and turn, sometimes he has to just hold and use his strength.

I want to be critical about delafeou when we are 3-1 but I'd be a hypocritical bastard as its the polar opposite to Moyes.

Lastly that chance goal for 3-1 was always going to change things. Generally it gave Newcastle a life line but 2nd half Newcastle got everything they could out of their play and we finished nothing. Law of averages we'd have wrapped up most of those situations wit a 4th. Bold attitude by martinez, takes balls fair play to the chirpy little guy.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:01:36 AM by The Good Citizen »
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

October 01, 2013, 05:01:16 AM
Reply #403

blueski

Thought Coleman was outstanding today.  Both the fullbacks were but Coleman was excellent forward and back. Osman was the best I have seen him for a while. 
agree, had ben arfa in his pocket all game long, and other teams have struggled to deal with him

ossie quite good in 1st half as well
Nil Satis

October 01, 2013, 05:01:52 AM
Reply #404

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Is Barry unavailable against City? It's not always standard that loanees can't play against their parent club.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: