17 (34%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Stones (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle  (Read 30164 times)

October 01, 2013, 07:41:20 AM
Reply #420

School of Science

:eh: Our last Sky game was the 1-0 over Chelsea, the West Ham game wasn't live (I'm assuming that's the game you're on about)

Very impressive first half I thought, should have really been 4 or 5. Second half Cabaye made a difference for them but I still felt we could have had another 2-3 from the chances we had. Still 1 defeat in 8 games, not a bad start to the Martinez era

Yes got carried away there, my bad
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 01, 2013, 07:44:34 AM
Reply #421

Bluedylan

Was listening to Kilbane on the Monday night club and he was saying he was talking to a few faces behind the scenes that he knows and they absolutely love Martinez. He acknowledged that they're bound to say that about a new manager obviously, out of politeness, but he said it was a genuine feeling from all of the staff. He said that RM takes the time to talk to all the staff, treats them with respect and values their contributions  etc.

Obviously that's not going to win games or points on the surface - so you might say that's all very well. But it's an indication of what a terrific man manager he is and how he understands the culture of our club and the importance of our people. If you can get colleagues behind you, like he seems to have, it makes the transition so much easier and it makes such a difference to the workplace, and most importantly to the players improvement and development. It's also important for us to have a strong connection between the manager and fans, and to have a strong Everton community, given that we're not rich. It's an important tool in trying to combat bigger clubs, and he really seems to understand that.

I'm sure there might be some difficult days from time to time in the future, but I'm delighted with him as a representative of our club.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 01, 2013, 09:46:48 AM
Reply #422

JJB

Was listening to Kilbane on the Monday night club and he was saying he was talking to a few faces behind the scenes that he knows and they absolutely love Martinez. He acknowledged that they're bound to say that about a new manager obviously, out of politeness, but he said it was a genuine feeling from all of the staff. He said that RM takes the time to talk to all the staff, treats them with respect and values their contributions  etc.

Obviously that's not going to win games or points on the surface - so you might say that's all very well. But it's an indication of what a terrific man manager he is and how he understands the culture of our club and the importance of our people. If you can get colleagues behind you, like he seems to have, it makes the transition so much easier and it makes such a difference to the workplace, and most importantly to the players improvement and development. It's also important for us to have a strong connection between the manager and fans, and to have a strong Everton community, given that we're not rich. It's an important tool in trying to combat bigger clubs, and he really seems to understand that.

I'm sure there might be some difficult days from time to time in the future, but I'm delighted with him as a representative of our club.

Nice post!

I know quite a few of the back room staff were worried about their jobs when he came in, and rightly so

It would have been difficult for him to come in and let big personalities like Andy Holden go

He wouldn't have been popular with a lot of the lad's but it seem's as if he's turned them around

Bringing in Unsworth was a nice touch and the ease of how he talk's about Everton is brilliant

As I've said in earlier posts, it's still early days but the signs are promising

Oh, 6 goals in two games -  :thumbsup:

October 01, 2013, 04:00:11 PM
Reply #423

Paddockoldie

Thought we played some beautiful stuff in the first half and the right amount of steel in the second for a great win.
RM has us playing with confidence and how good is Coleman becoming? Amazing game... Ross is also growing in to his role and for me is going to be a sensational player.

Lakuku is a beast of a man and was causing problems all night..

Great result and we should take it to city because on this form we can beat anybody...

COYB

October 01, 2013, 04:22:01 PM
Reply #424

Major Clanger

To be fair though, that was a thing nobody ever doubted, he's brilliant with people and infectiously chirpy.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:22:28 PM by Major Clanger »
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel