June 18, 2018, 05:37:33 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce wants dull Everton to become more boring  (Read 4844 times)

January 14, 2018, 07:41:45 PM
Reply #60

everton1952

It was a good result for the lynch mob who are out in force as expected. The result was never in question before a ball was kicked. You can't expect 2nd/3rd rate players like McCarthy, Gueye, Cuco, and green rookies like Holgate and Kenny to cope with Tottenham. Add that to an over the hill Jags and a half fit Bolassie, plus  a bench full of dross and there was no chance.  Cenk was a highlight. The worst part was the collapse in morale, although it must be difficult to play against a team 10 times better than you.  Allardyce was brought in to retrieve a near wrecked playing squad. He should still get us another 13 points to stay up. After  that who knows?  All those who wanted Silva, Unsie, Koeman back and a variety of known and half known managers from overseas will have their say. All would struggle with the crap and unfit players we have available.

January 14, 2018, 07:42:22 PM
Reply #61

Simon Paul

Administrator
When I said "wimps", I was attacking the prevailing mentality of fans who give up the moment things aren't going well. That's the time when you need to stick together. I think it was Brownie's analogy (or maybe not) about who you'd want next to you 'in the trenches' as the old saying goes. Some people are so feeble.

We've lost some football games and aren't playing very well.  Most teams don't play good football. Most teams don't win. I want us to do both. Of course I do. But how you can pin that on a manager who's only been here a month and has only bought one player is ridiculous.

You're big on fan engagement. So should the fans be engaged on every managerial appointment until we are all happy?  Because that's the problem here. Most people didn't want Allardyce. That was me too but the way. Some of us have got over it and realise that it's important to pull together and show some patience. Others keep banging on about every week (every day actually) with no actual aim other than just to moan and agree with others that think like them.

I think when the opinion is so loud then it has to be listened to, the same as when the fanbase has wanted a manager sacked

I'm not sure if I've ever posted this on a public forum, but here goes....

The week before Martinez's last derby game in charge of us, two weeks before the semi final at Wembley, I met with a very senior executive at Everton for tea.  Naturally there weer many subjects talked about, but the main one was Roberto's future.  "Listen Simon, he's a very nice man and everyone at the club has total faith in him" was what I was told at the start of the conversation.  I went on to say that I too thought Roberto was a very nice man, and that I hoped it would work, but that if we lost both the derby and the semi final, then there would be no way the fans would allow him to carry on as manager.  This person was totally shocked by this statement.  He - and I believe most people at board level - had no idea the fans felt so strongly.  TWO WEEKS before they sacked him.

I'm not claiming any kind of credit and definitely not any kind of responsibility, but up until that point, the board had absolutely no idea that the fans felt things were so bad with Martinez.  They had no idea themselves that things were so bad.  They had no plans to sack him, and clearly no plans on who to replace him with.

Then they sacked him and Moshiri chased Koeman all over Hampshire.

I don't have the same working relationship with the club as I did, and I partly blame that on Koeman and the way he wanted the club run, but also on Moshiri, and finally on myself for being a bit lazy.

But I do believe that the club needs to listen to fans when public opinion is so strong. 

I've not met anyone in person who wanted Allardyce.  Plenty are pragmatic after the event and agree that we needed someone to sort us out - but my main gripe there is that it got so bad before it was acted upon.  It was - again - the fans who forced this action to sack Koeman.  But again there was absolutely no plan to replace him.

Moshiri claims all the credit for everything now, and he must take responsibility for this.  He had no intentions of sacking Koeman until it got so bad the fans forced it.  He had no plans to replace him so left Unsworth in charge with players knowing he was never going to be their boss full time, so the shit-house ones downed tools and hung him out to dry.  Then he is rejected by Allardyce but says he has another manager in line, but Watford said no publicly and Burnley told us to wait until the end of the season privately.

So he goes back to Allardyce cap in hand and agrees to everything he wants.

Moshiri didn't appoint Martinez so we can't land him with that one, but he did fail to put plans in place for when he was sacked - but he got lucky in that the season was basically done anyway.  If he'd been sacked earlier plenty were saying we'd have beaten United at Wembley and then had a good shot at a trophy.  But he was kept too long for that - by Moshiri.

Moshiri then got his man in Koeman, but again seemed to never believe he would sack him before eventually doing so without a plan when it was very nearly too late.  But in the process dented the confidence of a promising young coach by giving him an impossible job.

Sean Dyche was the man we needed both short and long term.  Instead we got the older, less adventurous version.

And Sammy Lee.

January 14, 2018, 08:03:57 PM
Reply #62

Rodenplav64

It was a good result for the lynch mob who are out in force as expected. The result was never in question before a ball was kicked. You can't expect 2nd/3rd rate players like McCarthy, Gueye, Cuco, and green rookies like Holgate and Kenny to cope with Tottenham. Add that to an over the hill Jags and a half fit Bolassie, plus  a bench full of dross and there was no chance.  Cenk was a highlight. The worst part was the collapse in morale, although it must be difficult to play against a team 10 times better than you.  Allardyce was brought in to retrieve a near wrecked playing squad. He should still get us another 13 points to stay up. After  that who knows?  All those who wanted Silva, Unsie, Koeman back and a variety of known and half known managers from overseas will have their say. All would struggle with the crap and unfit players we have available.

I am not lynching him but he got a draw against Chelsea and a draw against Liverpool with those you have just mentioned so why not against Spurs ? I will answer for you , he got it wrong and he then blamed the players . Like he always has like he always will because he believes his own hype .

January 14, 2018, 08:51:04 PM
Reply #63

everton1952

Fair enough. Playing Sigurdsson and Rooney together was a mistake. Vlasic would have been better getting back to cover Cuco.  The real underlying blame lies with terrible recruitment, especially the likes of Sandro and Klassen who do not feature at all, the demise of Baines and the long term loss of Coleman. We will stay up.

January 14, 2018, 08:54:40 PM
Reply #64

Simon Paul

Administrator
Fair enough. Playing Sigurdsson and Rooney together was a mistake. Vlasic would have been better getting back to cover Cuco.  The real underlying blame lies with terrible recruitment, especially the likes of Sandro and Klassen who do not feature at all, the demise of Baines and the long term loss of Coleman. We will stay up.

We are Everton. Staying up should be a given.

The fact that it's seen as a positive shows how far we have been dragged down. Then the fact that people aren't sure if you and therealdunc are WUMs or not when you blindly stick by Allardyce (no real human actually thinks the things you two type) shows that Everton have been dragged down even more than in the darkest days of having to sell Nick Chadwick to pay for a new pitch mid season and not being sure we could afford to pay the players on FA Cup weekend unless Blackburn brought a load of fans

January 14, 2018, 08:58:39 PM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Iíve genuinely considered the realdunc as a potential club plant
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 14, 2018, 09:00:59 PM
Reply #66

Rodenplav64

I can't be arsed pointing fingers but at the start of this season most on here and in the press thought our recruitment was bang on and Koeman would lead us to glory . Those that thought the opposite were slated .

January 14, 2018, 09:01:24 PM
Reply #67

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Iíve genuinely considered the realdunc as a potential club plant

He's certainly a plant like.

January 14, 2018, 09:19:21 PM
Reply #68

Simon Paul

Administrator
I've genuinely considered the realdunc as a potential club plant

Doesn't fit the MO of a club plant. Maybe Sam's wife though?

January 14, 2018, 09:20:27 PM
Reply #69

Bally

Administrator
If it rooted out the wimps and cry baby fans then yeah I'd be all for it.
What in the screaming blue fuck is this shit
It's the roll I way

January 14, 2018, 09:22:05 PM
Reply #70

gizzblue

What in the screaming blue fuck is this shit
The agenda police Newest recruit.

January 14, 2018, 09:22:46 PM
Reply #71

Simon Paul

Administrator
The agenda police Newest recruit.

We haven't recruited since 2006?

Sorry 2005 Bally joined our gang
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:24:33 PM by Simon Paul »

January 14, 2018, 09:24:24 PM
Reply #72

gizzblue

We haven't recruited since 2006?
Haha no the people who think Sam is the second coming ...and to think otherwise is some sort of agenda ....them police.😅

January 14, 2018, 09:25:40 PM
Reply #73

Simon Paul

Administrator
Haha no the people who think Sam is the second coming ...and to think otherwise is some sort of agenda ....them police.

Ohhhhh

Sorry. Trying to multitask and failing.

January 14, 2018, 09:28:28 PM
Reply #74

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Why are we even surprised by this shite. Heís played shite football for decades.