October 21, 2017, 02:32:06 AM

Author Topic: Kroenke buying Usmanov's shares  (Read 2359 times)

September 30, 2017, 11:34:05 PM
Reply #15

phillyt

I did quite clearly state that it hadn't all been rosy and that there had been mistakes made and failures during his tenure. It just seems that the haters are simply too blinkered to look beyond the failed Stadium moves and see that the club has moved forward in other ways.Did Peter Johnson have the foresight to build a new Park End stand that was capable of being extended in the future? That stand was funded mostly from FA grants to bring clubs into line with the all-seated stadia ruling. The club were given some options at the time and Mr Park Foods went for the cheapest option that was pretty much fully funded because he didn't want to spend any cash on it. He also had plans to put the away fans right up in the very corner of the top balcony, out of the way. Now that would have been fun wouldn't it? Yeah, Peter Johnson was a genius.
You mentioned Liverpool buying up land. Any idea how long that took, and how much assistance they needed from the local authority to get that done? Any idea how much discontent it caused in the area around the stadium? Liverpool were also redeveloping bits of their stadium long before BK took the reins at Everton, so perhaps you should also be aiming your vitriol in this respect at previous custodians of Everton Football Club. For instance, what was formerly the Kemlyn Road stand at the shit-pit is now 25 years old. Built in 1992, hence the "Centenary Stand".Is it really? I  take it that you don't ever venture along the surrounding routes when there's a concert on for 9000 people. Now take that chaos and multiply by six, then add in the normal city centre shoppers on a typical Saturday afternoon and you may just reconsider that comment. This time around with the Bramley More Dock, there are already massive plans in place for infrastructure around the development that were happening anyway because of the multi-billion pounds worth of investment that Peel holdings have been working on attracting into this area as part of their Peel Waters project. Not only does this impact the Liverpool City region, but will also have a massive impact on South Sefton and will potentially see hundreds of millions of pounds worth of investment attracted to Bootle, which is in dire need of development. Sefton Council have already rendered their vision for Sefton 2030 and much of this is based upon the development of the dock area spilling into South Sefton. Everton building a stadium on the dock is merely a catalyst to bring some of the already planned development along. This time around, it would seem that everybody has done their homework and can see that a move to Bramley More will bring Everton a shiny new home, with additional revenue and will deliver benefits to North Liverpool and South Sefton. I don't  believe that similar plans were in place already for Kings Dock.The "lies about GP safety certificates, I wouldn't be shouting too loud about tbh. I have a sneaking suspicion that there are more and more compromises reached with the council every year to get that safety certificate through. We have wooden stands on one side of the ground and a stand that is far too steep to pass current building regs on the other side, along with the other issues that go with a pretty old structure and you think the council just come along and tick the box every year? I'm pretty sure that the club have to spend an absolute fuck-ton of cash every year on maintenance and repairs just to get GP through the Safety Certificate, so I think that calling it lies is possibly a little strong tbh.I was not too keen on the idea of a non-descript Tesco box on the middle of Kirkby either. The area where I live is not really my idea of paradise either, but it's where I can afford to live. Sometimes we all have to cut our cloth to suit our finances. I don't disagree that there were failings where the Kirkby project was concerned, but I also think that Tesco were just as culpable as Everton in this regard.The club's financial mismanagement was there long before BK took over. The previous custodians had fucked Everton's finances over good and proper long before BK took the helm. You don't pull a business out of financial shit in a day. It can take years.
Iím not sure I know any of kenwrights detractors who wonít look beyond the stadium failures. It is however one of the key issues, so is going to take a huge chunk of discussion time up.
Explain to me how kenwright has moved the Club forward in any way whatsoever. Please donít confuse the huge increases in broadcast revenue with kenwrights being successful. I will agree the pastoral side of the club with efpf and Eitc we have led the way but that doesnít help us compete and Iím not sure how much input kenwright had into the inception of those, in particular the efpf.

I never said Johnson was perfect, just that he did more for the club. The decision to do the park end on the cheap was a poor one but at least it was something and a huge improvement on the stand previously there. What did kenwright do? A couple of pebbles and banners? You mention previous boards forgetting that kenwright was a senior board member throughout the 90s and maybe the 80s?

I appreciate the unrest Liverpool caused in the tactics they used to expand anfield and would be disappointed if we had done it the same way. That said itís not the only way to do it is it.

In terms of the kings dock I would absolutely prefer that as a location. The majority of fans would use public transport and walk down. There also would have been infrastructure improvements to enable the extra pressure. Iím not complaining at the Bramley moor project in anyway, Iím just pointing out that for Everton and everyone fans the kings dock would have been a superior location.

You mention the mismanagement of the club being a problem that was preceding the kenwright era. First of all i would suggest that relative to other clubs we were doing ok, not the best but for from the worst, during the kenwright era the football world relied more on money and this increased year on year. This is were we fell behind. Iím a good blue, I love the club dearly. The thing is thatís not enough and Iíd like to think if I was running the club and could cope anymore Iíd let it go. I wouldnít lie and cheat and beg, steal and borrow to keep my hands on. So ask yourself who has kenwright done that for? The fans or himself? My opinion is he is an egotistical buffoon who let his arrogance dictate his actions rather than what was actually best for this club.

Y
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

deCoubertin

October 04, 2017, 02:47:24 AM
Reply #16

Cozzie

October 04, 2017, 02:50:07 AM
Reply #17

Macca77

October 04, 2017, 03:16:05 AM
Reply #18

Everton Mint

Usmanov in, Koeman out... we can dream ! ;)

October 04, 2017, 04:47:50 AM
Reply #19

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 04, 2017, 04:50:56 AM
Reply #20

Lincs Toffee

Shit is happening behind the scenes that I'm sure... what the fuck it is I have no idea but I think it can only be good for us as a club
ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean

October 04, 2017, 04:56:13 AM
Reply #21

TheTone

October 04, 2017, 10:40:59 PM
Reply #22

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 04, 2017, 11:30:20 PM
Reply #23

plumber

He's shit anyway.

October 04, 2017, 11:32:58 PM
Reply #24

The Analog Kid

How does a club and its board operate like that when they clearly donít get on?

October 04, 2017, 11:36:33 PM
Reply #25

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

October 04, 2017, 11:42:48 PM
Reply #26

Ross

Or first refusal to drive up the price

Not sure what you mean?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 04, 2017, 11:45:59 PM
Reply #27

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure what you mean?

It's well known that the two of them don't speak to each other directly. If Stan the man is making a bid for AU's shares then it's going to be a long drawn out process. He's not going to sell cheaply if he is selling. So he comes out with the I'm not in talks to sell line to the fans. Stan is never going to let AU buy his shares, so he's going to have to go big to get them. Let the dance begin

October 04, 2017, 11:58:52 PM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It is mad that since the first rumours so many dominoes have fallen into place for the "in by christmas" stuff.

Personally though I can't see it. Not sure what the Arsenal power struggle is all about, don't feel like either of them is on to a winner really...but I feel for sure that Everton aren't.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 05, 2017, 12:02:55 AM
Reply #29

Ross

It's well known that the two of them don't speak to each other directly. If Stan the man is making a bid for AU's shares then it's going to be a long drawn out process. He's not going to sell cheaply if he is selling. So he comes out with the I'm not in talks to sell line to the fans. Stan is never going to let AU buy his shares, so he's going to have to go big to get them. Let the dance begin

Not sure. Heís said heís only interested in doing things for the benefit for the club and working towards the same aims as the Arsenal Supportersí Trust, which is opposed to Kroenke, which obviously doesnít fit together with him selling at any price to him. He also states heís willing to buy more shares himself.

Itís just the same posturing thatís been going on for the last 10 years.