October 21, 2017, 02:37:25 AM

Poll

Regarding Everton only, how optimistic a Blue are you?

Things are always great
Despite the odd setback, things get better
Life's a rollercoaster
Odd moments of joy don't offset the misery
The only reason the end hasn't come is someone fucked up
I don't understand the question

Author Topic: Optimistic or Pessimistic Blue?  (Read 1268 times)

October 03, 2017, 02:35:12 AM
Reply #15

eyesalwaysblue

Im fickle though, a few good wins and ill be back on the Koeman express.
As much as i don't like him, we need him to succeed.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

deCoubertin

October 03, 2017, 02:38:56 AM
Reply #16

Ross

fuck that, I'm going all out @indiantoffee1975  for this one

Is that a good thing?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 03, 2017, 02:40:59 AM
Reply #17

TheTone

Is that a good thing?

nailed on he goes for a draw, a loss or a narrow 1 nil victory

October 03, 2017, 02:48:03 AM
Reply #18

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Overall I'm quite pessimistic with Everton as they've let me down so much but I never learn my lesson. I always get excited for when we play and somehow think we are going to all of a sudden come good

I don't think we will ever win a trophy again in our history though

And I don't think we will ever win a Derby again

So you could say I was a pessimist
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 03, 2017, 02:50:42 AM
Reply #19

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Im a realist.

I can see when patterns develop and know what's around the corner.

I'm done with Koeman because I know his departure is imminent.

We've been shite for all the time I've supported us but never actually been that shite, so it's hard to go ethier way for me.

October 03, 2017, 02:50:45 AM
Reply #20

The Analog Kid

Neither really. As much as I love to see us to win games and do well I certainly donít beat meself up about it, just a moan and a swift headbutt to the neighbours cat is sufficient.

October 03, 2017, 03:00:45 AM
Reply #21

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Im a realist.

I can see when patterns develop and know what's around the corner.

I'm done with Koeman because I know his departure is imminent.

We've been shite for all the time I've supported us but never actually been that shite, so it's hard to go ethier way for me.

I forget you're a young un. Think you're right about Koeman though
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 03, 2017, 03:02:11 AM
Reply #22

Eddiesheeds

Supporting since 1959 Iím an optimist with masochistic tendencies

October 03, 2017, 03:32:05 AM
Reply #23

charlatan

Pessimistic blue here.  Shared a season ticket with my 3 brothers from the age of around 3 (my Dad took one of us on the other one), remember seeing the likes of Mick Lyons, Trevor Ross, Duncan McKenzie, Bob Latchford.  Was lucky enough that my brothers who are 10+ years older starting taking me with them from early 84 onwards, so seen all the glory years of the mid 80's, although was only 9 for the 85 season.  Started going with my pals from about the age of 12.

We've been pretty much varying degrees of shite ever since, apart from a couple of Royle and Moyes seasons

October 03, 2017, 03:43:51 AM
Reply #24

van der Meyde

Optimistic about the potential of Everton if they were to get major decisions right over the next couple of years.

Pessimistic about the people making those decisions.

October 03, 2017, 03:46:11 AM
Reply #25

Realist

I'm a realist, we're shit, I say what I see, people don't like it, they call that pessimistic on here, being optimistic is hard as an Everton fan after so many years of shit. The end
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:47:25 AM by Realist »

October 03, 2017, 03:57:35 AM
Reply #26

indiantoffee1975

Funnily enough I was quite confident of our season ahead until the day the window closed, otherwise a pessimist where EFC are concerned.

Two things here, one its probably the way I am as a person, always maintain a higher level for personal achievement/targets and by setting the bar high each time,  I only want to strive for the very best and that's the mindset I have when it comes to things that may be out of my control including the team I support.

Secondly it's being fortuitous and brought up in an era when we're privileged and spoilt to some great football and great players under the Kendall era. That's the benchmark for me and I want nothing less. It might sound arrogant by why settle for second best.

October 03, 2017, 04:05:38 AM
Reply #27

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I'm a realist, we're shit, I say what I see, people don't like it, they call that pessimistic on here, being optimistic is hard as an Everton fan after so many years of shit. The end
You've watched a team who have played at one of the highest levels in world football longer than you have lived.  Some people have an expectation that they have a right to be the very best,  only the very best and always the very best.
It's quite amusing watching such people meet real life!
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 03, 2017, 04:24:08 AM
Reply #28

plowman2

Always tried to be optimistic over the past few years but I'm tired and worn out now. I don't believe my own bullshit anymore. To many false dawns takes it out of me and I miss scenes of rejoicing Evertonians.
I think we'll waste another couple of years with Koeman before signing another disappointment  and hopefully, meantime, we won't get relegated. Really need us to get things right again as we did in the eighties as I hardly even think about upcoming games until kickoff.
Mustn't grumble though!
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

October 03, 2017, 04:32:17 AM
Reply #29

SANA_DR0

dont understand the question, I enjoy the game regardless, the result is beyond my control... its just like watching the third/4th seasons of walking dead atm.

Cant wait till Negan kicks in.. just hope it wont be  2-3 seasons time.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.