October 24, 2017, 03:57:03 AM

Author Topic: Is Pickford one of the issues?  (Read 1708 times)

October 05, 2017, 08:16:51 PM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah a nice ball player in front of him would be great.

Koulibaly would be perfect on the left with Baines, leaving Keane to be the deep block CB like at Burnley.

Then a baller in DM like pareades from zenit.

Finally wilf Zaha ok the right wing and giroud up top.

£200m
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

deCoubertin

October 05, 2017, 09:36:36 PM
Reply #31

MmmBlueRamirez

Koulibaly would be perfect on the left with Baines, leaving Keane to be the deep block CB like at Burnley.

£200m

Bish bash bosh.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 05, 2017, 09:40:33 PM
Reply #32

gizzblue

£200m
Brap you after the DOF job 😅😅....job done sack RK and the Leicester throwback. ...Brap's got it covered.

October 05, 2017, 09:52:04 PM
Reply #33

Ridge

Pickford came from a team who fought for their lives unsuccessfully, and doesn't appear to command too much. As keepers become more confident they take more responsibility and defenders trust them more, but the zone for potential crosses is deeper and closer to goal.

When we have possession, Pickford is giving the players options, doesn't mean players should take it. When he distributes, we don't have great targets, or often pace to make use, but he'll create more goals than other keepers and both of those will improve. You have to take risks and a hit on efficiency to create chances and counter attack is one of the most effective tactics.

I think the situation is that he could help himself and the team more, but I think it's the defenders coming too deep. Should he be orchastrating defence, no, could he help them out or remind them more, certainly. But have been impressed with quite a lot of saves, no real major errors and he'll get better.

October 05, 2017, 09:52:37 PM
Reply #34

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Imagine me on here moaning about my own selections.

Sack him / me.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 05, 2017, 09:52:42 PM
Reply #35

everton1952

Without wanting to bestow any praise at all on our back four, it must be disconcerting for them not to have our so-called midfielders coming to take the ball off you. Pickford by now knows that if he gives it to any of our back 4, more often than not it will end up back with him, so he hoofs it. Ronald's fault of course, or at least a failure to sign a decent midfielder to initiate or dictate play further up the field. Unless that was supposed to be the reason for signing Sigurdsson at huge expense. Davies is too inexperienced and Gana hasn't got a clue going forward.

October 05, 2017, 10:04:42 PM
Reply #36

SANA_DR0

lol at the Giroud shouts, he will be here for  6months then his legs would be gone, so many many better players than an aging arsenal reserve.
he looks so disinterested this season, even tho he chose to stay., glad we didnt get him, his lackadaisical attitude would piss me off// if you guys thought ~Lukaku was lazy, Giroud is another level of not giving a fuck.

just watch him play!!
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

October 05, 2017, 10:06:34 PM
Reply #37

Ridge

October 05, 2017, 10:15:28 PM
Reply #38

Realist

lol at the Giroud shouts, he will be here for  6months then his legs would be gone, so many many better players than an aging arsenal reserve.
he looks so disinterested this season, even tho he chose to stay., glad we didnt get him, his lackadaisical attitude would piss me off// if you guys thought ~Lukaku was lazy, Giroud is another level of not giving a fuck.

just watch him play!!

And to think some people are wanting to throw £40m at Arsenal to get him 😂 They'd be crying a few weeks after he arrived about what a bad buy he is

He's not that prolific in a team which creates a lot of chances. I'd be horrified if we spent anything like that money on him

October 06, 2017, 12:18:10 AM
Reply #39

everton1952

Oh, please bring back that "lazy" Lukaku, score a pile of goals for us and piss-off the anti-Lukaku brigade on here. No chance unfortunately.

October 06, 2017, 01:07:52 AM
Reply #40

BlueForYou

Pickford, far from an issue - pick of the signings, so far; and yes, future number 1 for England

Desperately need to establish a regular CB partner for Keane - Rijad Sadiku looks promising

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:09:45 AM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 06, 2017, 01:14:48 AM
Reply #41

Evertonian in NC

The people who thought Romelu lazy were fucking nuts or worse.  End of.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 06, 2017, 01:27:54 AM
Reply #42

formerKHL

Reading this thread you would think all Pickford does is lump it forward everytime he gets the ball....
He maybe does it 3/4 times in a game...

His distribution is good and often than not sets us up going forward...

Itís the full backs who tend to receive the ball then decide to turn backwards....hardly pickfords fault...

October 06, 2017, 01:31:12 AM
Reply #43

SANA_DR0

ive actually seen him blast it upfront more than 3-4 times agame.. he does it alot.. It would help if we had someone else to aim at along side DCL, then Pickford would have options.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

October 06, 2017, 02:32:13 AM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

just watch him play!!

Haha fuck off mate, I'd rather giroud walk back and forward over my bollocks in a pair of heels than watch Wayne Rooney drag his fucking bifta smoking arse around the pitch another minute.