December 17, 2017, 11:48:12 PM

Author Topic: Baines makes me sad  (Read 2263 times)

October 30, 2017, 12:03:54 AM
Read 2263 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's breaking my heart watching him play this season. He's a shadow of what he was. He fearful, he looks tired and he just doesn't seem to be able to do it anymore. It kills me saying it as I've consistently defended him and have been in complete denial but the lack of a player to bring in for him is not helping our current situation. He's one of the best left backs I have ever seen but we are risking his Everton legacy and our future by not having anyone coming through to replace him

deCoubertin

October 30, 2017, 12:07:08 AM
Reply #1

toffee_scot

Sad to see it myself also. Problem is he is our only available left back so he's a guaranteed starter whatever form he's in.

October 30, 2017, 12:08:16 AM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

Was a genuine worldclass player. Not sure hes even a top flight player now. Like Rooney a lot of the talent seems to have gone with his legs

October 30, 2017, 12:09:16 AM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
Still think he could play CM for us tbh.

Doesn't have attributes to play at LB anymore though.

I still have a slight hope that a Coleman-Jagielka-Keane-Baines defence could work.

Coleman's constant attacking threat meaning Baines has less pressure and more space whilst Jagielka doesn't have to worry about Williams.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:10:47 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 30, 2017, 12:09:26 AM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
My real concern right now is that we no other options we are in danger of turning into a hate figure similar to what people did with Howard.

October 30, 2017, 12:10:25 AM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

My real concern right now is that we no other options we are in danger of turning into a hate figure similar to what people did with Howard.

Think hes safe. Weve so many issues and so many with people whove just come through the door hes surely right down everyones list

October 30, 2017, 12:13:24 AM
Reply #6

Mayor Farnum

His performance against Arsenal had me doubting his bottle; which I would never have dreamed of before.

October 30, 2017, 12:13:45 AM
Reply #7

boothill

Has been poor since last world cup, critisism appeared to have zapped him completely and he never picked up again

October 30, 2017, 12:15:44 AM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

He'll never become a hate figure. It's just sad, as you say, and damaging to the team. It's not all his fault. He needs resting and we don't really have any options.

But yeah it is hard to watch him labour round the pitch, get caught in behind, and offer very little going forward. The passes inside to Williams, when Baines isn't under pressure are making me want to self-harm.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 30, 2017, 12:16:00 AM
Reply #9

Ridge

Teams are more attacking, when Baines used to push up and create, we shifted over to cover him.

When Coleman came through and became a more settled player who didn't need support at right back, the team balanced out. Now we expect Baines to cover defence, with Mirallas or 2nd striker for protection. Then we also expect him to go forward and create.

For me, today Kenny caused the main problems today and got more freedom down the right, without any real product.

October 30, 2017, 12:19:27 AM
Reply #10

School of Science

It's breaking my heart watching him play this season. He's a shadow of what he was. He fearful, he looks tired and he just doesn't seem to be able to do it anymore. It kills me saying it as I've consistently defended him and have been in complete denial but the lack of a player to bring in for him is not helping our current situation. He's one of the best left backs I have ever seen but we are risking his Everton legacy and our future by not having anyone coming through to replace him

Sad to see it myself, but not half the player he was, funnily  enough their left back is what Bainsey used to be.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 30, 2017, 12:20:39 AM
Reply #11

angus1878

hasnt been the same since losing pienaar

October 30, 2017, 12:22:10 AM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He was good up to the end of the first year of his new contract. We should have sold to Utd when Moyes was there and bought a younger version.

Would anyone consider Luke Shaw as a replacement. Seems out of favour at Utd, and never really got going there due to his injury. But then we keep getting their cast offs and they haven't done well with us the past few years.

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

October 30, 2017, 12:31:59 AM
Reply #13

Ross

There’s bigger concerns with this squad than Baines. Yeah he’s not the player he used to be but you’ve got to wonder where £230m has gone.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 30, 2017, 12:33:54 AM
Reply #14

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
There’s bigger concerns with this squad than Baines. Yeah he’s not the player he used to be but you’ve got to wonder where £230m has gone.

There certainly are but most of those problems are younger so have a possible upward trajectory or are injured