December 17, 2017, 10:01:55 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Bournemouth (Cauldron of hate)  (Read 38957 times)

May 01, 2016, 02:56:57 AM
Reply #450

everton1952

Just like Darracott and Lyons if you can remember them. All heart and not much else. OK for an era when that was good enough.

May 01, 2016, 03:12:56 AM
Reply #451

ally2

A number of players were poor today but I am seriously concerned about Ross Barkley. He was, and has been, poor for months now. There is far too much onus on him to create chances for us seeing as we've decided to ditch the idea that our full backs might do a lot of this. He is drowning in this team.

May 01, 2016, 03:20:21 AM
Reply #452

starblood

A number of players were poor today but I am seriously concerned about Ross Barkley. He was, and has been, poor for months now. There is far too much onus on him to create chances for us seeing as we've decided to ditch the idea that our full backs might do a lot of this. He is drowning in this team.

He is.

And when he gets the ball in a good breaking position he slows it down and starts going all Peter Beagrie trying to turn the player inside out when a quick ball would be the better option. Decision making needs to improve (as does his defending).

May 01, 2016, 03:22:01 AM
Reply #453

Gash

Global Moderator

I think I'm right in saying he's got no goals or assists in the league in nearly three months?

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt that it's poor management in a poor team in a poor run but he really looks like a confidence player and his confidence is on it's arse. He just looks completely lost at times, we'll never know until a new manager comes in and we can see what he's really about but I still maintain that he's got all the ability in the world but it's his intelligence and mentality that will stop him ever becoming the player his ability deserves.

May 01, 2016, 03:34:27 AM
Reply #454

starblood

Just like Darracott and Lyons if you can remember them. All heart and not much else. OK for an era when that was good enough.

Yeah remember them, but only when I got taken to Goodison infrequently whilst a youngster. Always thought Mick Lyons was a good defender and captain......but like I say, I was very young so I will defer to you if you say different  ;D

May 01, 2016, 04:32:35 AM
Reply #455

Bally

Administrator
he should in his arse go down as a club legend. A club stalwart yes, legend no.
Should have more of a status than Duncan Ferguson
It's the roll I way

May 01, 2016, 05:08:39 AM
Reply #456

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
How did Niasse do? All I saw of the match was just the goals. Was lucky to see them I guess.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

May 01, 2016, 05:24:35 AM
Reply #457

toffee_scot

How did Niasse do? All I saw of the match was just the goals. Was lucky to see them I guess.

Grew very slowly into the game, tried to link up with players for attacking moves, but I don't think he had a single shot towards goal against Bournemouth's defence. He was more productive than our other very expensive striker though.

May 01, 2016, 05:51:21 AM
Reply #458

di_guyo

I think I'm right in saying he's got no goals or assists in the league in nearly three months?

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt that it's poor management in a poor team in a poor run but he really looks like a confidence player and his confidence is on it's arse. He just looks completely lost at times, we'll never know until a new manager comes in and we can see what he's really about but I still maintain that he's got all the ability in the world but it's his intelligence and mentality that will stop him ever becoming the player his ability deserves.

Assisted Clev today
Everton & Atleti

May 01, 2016, 05:59:02 AM
Reply #459

Gash

Global Moderator

May 01, 2016, 07:04:59 AM
Reply #460

starblood

He was more productive than our other very expensive striker though.
No he wasn't! Were you even at the game? Unbelievable some Evertonians agenda against Lukaku (who happens to be our best striker for 20 years, at least)

May 01, 2016, 07:25:23 AM
Reply #461

Shogun

Administrator
Still a long time since his last.

You're not wrong in what you're saying but he was a big part of both our goals today.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 01, 2016, 03:21:08 PM
Reply #462

Rodenplav64

Well in to all those who stayed behind.
I can't believe there weren't more - it doesn't seem like a big ask to stay in your seat for an extra hour afterwards.

Just shows how a few people on social media assume they speak for everyone . Don't agree with banners and the like as they effect the team more than the board . The only way to effect the board is to stay away not staying behind in an empty stadium while everyone else is on the ale .