December 12, 2017, 12:20:33 PM

Author Topic: Panorama  (Read 6429 times)

November 04, 2017, 06:46:37 AM
Read 6429 times

Thornton_19

https://twitter.com/TimesSport/status/926605716131078144

Looks like little old Everton will be investigated on Panorama.

What a great time to be a blue.

deCoubertin

November 04, 2017, 07:02:42 AM
Reply #1

GrantyBoy78

Would be the most Everton thing ever if we were investigated, found to have done wrong...and given a transfer ban

November 04, 2017, 07:06:13 AM
Reply #2

Thornton_19

Would be the most Everton thing ever if we were investigated, found to have done wrong...and given a transfer ban
Fuck me I'd just move to Greece and start supporting Aris Thessaloniki

November 04, 2017, 07:20:30 AM
Reply #3

Tinga

Well that just made my stomach sink.

November 04, 2017, 07:50:16 AM
Reply #4

Cereal Killer

Someone copy and paste the whole article?

November 04, 2017, 10:07:37 AM
Reply #5

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Evertonís ownership and the alleged involvement of Alisher Usmanov, the Arsenal shareholder, at Goodison Park will be scrutinised in a two-part Panorama special to be broadcast on the BBC tomorrow and Monday.
The BBC has obtained documents pertaining to Usmanovís purchase of a 14.58 per cent stake in Arsenal in 2007 through the Red & White investment vehicle that he jointly owned with Farhad Moshiri, who sold up to his business partner last year to facilitate his purchase of 49.9 per cent of Everton.
It is understood that Panorama will claim that the documents show that Moshiriís initial Arsenal stake was a gift from Usmanov, leading to the suggestion that the billionaire from Uzbekistan was behind the Iranianís purchase of Everton as he was the original source of the funds.
Everton and a spokesman for Usmanov deny that he has any involvement at Goodison, which would be a breach of Premier League rules that state any shareholder with a 10 per cent stake in one club cannot buy into another.
There have been unsubstantiated rumours for some time that Usmanov would ultimately join Moshiri at Everton as he has no influence at Arsenal and the pair have a number of joint investments, whispers which increased after Usmanovís company, USM Holdings, announced a sponsorship deal for the clubís training ground in January.
The Premier League conducted a rigorous due diligence process before signing off Moshiriís Everton purchase and is confident that he used his own money.

November 04, 2017, 10:11:23 AM
Reply #6

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
A two part episode? Hmm. They must have some details.

If they're using terms like "suggestion" it may be nothing concrete.

Will all that goes on in football, I'd hope this would go nowhere as it seems fairly par for the course, but I'd never count my chickens where this club is concerned.

November 04, 2017, 11:25:30 AM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I am reckoning it is bloody brilliant. Usmanov is one of us. Maybe we can drop 200M like it's nothing
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 04, 2017, 11:36:25 AM
Reply #8

TheTone

My first thoughts on this while reading it is that someone at Everton doesn't like Moshiri and has been going off feeding information to the press

hopefully it's a load of shite

We certainly could do without this

November 04, 2017, 11:52:45 AM
Reply #9

mikey_blue

Maybe an effort by arsenal to push Usmanov out?

November 04, 2017, 12:55:01 PM
Reply #10

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
If due diligence has been carried out by the PL and is as robust as it says then there really shouldn't be anything to worry about.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 04, 2017, 01:47:14 PM
Reply #11

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Worst thing about this is that we're going to be bombarded with more thrilling Business Matters podcasts from The Esk 😩
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 04, 2017, 01:54:24 PM
Reply #12

bluenuck

Worst thing about this is that we're going to be bombarded with more thrilling Business Matters podcasts from The Esk 😩

Well I'm having troubles falling asleep tonight...

November 04, 2017, 02:06:39 PM
Reply #13

Macca77

Well this is just efffing marvellous isnt it

November 04, 2017, 02:09:23 PM
Reply #14

Fynci

Great season this lads.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0