June 20, 2018, 05:19:56 AM

Author Topic: Man Utd vs Everton  (Read 42743 times)

April 23, 2011, 08:45:10 PM
Reply #165

guymurphy1989

If Man U lined up with just a goalkeeper and we had are full 11, Moyes would still stand off them. Its just how we seem to play it at Old Trafford. Tbh i think its quite disrespectful to the fans when we play like that

April 23, 2011, 08:45:16 PM
Reply #166

sharpattack

I suppose a Man U team of Evans, O'Shea, Gibson & Fabio is one to be feared so I can understand Moyes being cautious.
Compared to an Everton team with Beckford, Hibbert, Osman? No wonder Moyes was cautious
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

April 23, 2011, 08:45:42 PM
Reply #167

Derek

That's a bit harsh

Not only harsh, but absolute nonsense. Howard in particular has been excellent for us.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

April 23, 2011, 08:46:09 PM
Reply #168

fast lane

??  Was totally Distin's fault dicking about instead of getting rid.  Another fucking brain fart against Man U.

It was.
He got over optimistic and we paid a heavy price for it.
Not only did he give the ball away cheaply, he stood off too much to let the cross get made.

For once we looked like getting a result there...:(
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

April 23, 2011, 08:46:17 PM
Reply #169

Craig_1878

I'd settle for a draw, unfortunately I think Moyes will go into this game with the same mindset and I think we'll get beat. Hope i'm wrong though obviously.

How annoyingly predictable.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

April 23, 2011, 08:47:26 PM
Reply #170

Dublin Toffee

We didn't deserve much from the game but arguably could have had 2 penos, one in each half. Peter Walton was playing for United today for sure. Books Howard for timewasting but not Van der Sar. United got the ball back on a few occasions where he should've given Everton frees but that's all part and parcel of playing at Old Trafford.

Not to take away from a deserved 3 points for United, I just hope they have to work harder than that to claim the league in the next few weeks.
Nothing you can say could tear me away from Magaye

April 23, 2011, 08:48:25 PM
Reply #171

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
A miracle it was only one nil.  Ironic distin who along with jags and  howard had a decent game fucked up.  Rodwell was absolutely atrocious.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I have to agree. How anyone can rate him 25 mil based on this and other similar performances this season is beyond me. He looked like a defender playing in midfield at best, and a bystander at worst.

That said he wasn't the only one.

April 23, 2011, 08:49:10 PM
Reply #172

sharpattack

It was.
He got over optimistic and we paid a heavy price for it.
Not only did he give the ball away cheaply, he stood off too much to let the cross get made.

For once we looked like getting a result there...:(
Maybe, but where the hell was our right back?
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

April 23, 2011, 08:49:44 PM
Reply #173

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We didn't deserve much from the game but arguably could have had 2 penos, one in each half. Peter Walton was playing for United today for sure. Books Howard for timewasting but not Van der Sar. United got the ball back on a few occasions where he should've given Everton frees but that's all part and parcel of playing at Old Trafford.

Not to take away from a deserved 3 points for United, I just hope they have to work harder than that to claim the league in the next few weeks.

They weren't penalties. The referee didn't beat us today, we managed that pretty much by ourselves.

April 23, 2011, 08:51:37 PM
Reply #174

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I have to agree. How anyone can rate him 25 mil based on this and other similar performances this season is beyond me. He looked like a defender playing in midfield at best, and a bystander at worst.

That said he wasn't the only one.

What annoyed me with him today, was, the total  lack of effort.  Bily was awful today but rodwell was at least as bad, barely put a tackle in and never looked arsed.  He was plenty as a central midfielder

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

April 23, 2011, 08:54:31 PM
Reply #175

fast lane

Compared to an Everton team with Beckford, Hibbert, Osman? No wonder Moyes was cautious

Lol, I bet you were waiting weeks to post that.
Must have been very frustrating.
We're not allowed to make fun of BK, but we are of our home grown players and freebies. (as if we've got money to buy any replacements for them, and we all know why that is..)
How very hypocritical.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

April 23, 2011, 08:55:45 PM
Reply #176

Derek

We're not allowed to make fun of BK, but we are of our home grown players and freebies. (as if we've got money to buy any replacements for them, and we all know why that is..)
How very hypocritical.

Spot on.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

April 23, 2011, 08:59:10 PM
Reply #177

charlatan

Did anyone expect anything different today?  I certainly didn't.

April 23, 2011, 09:00:58 PM
Reply #178

sharpattack

How very hypocritical.
You are deluded if you think those three compare to their opposite numbers today. As for defending BK you could not be more wrong. I could care less about the man. I only highlight the ignorant, ill-informed ranting that passes for comment on the subject
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

April 23, 2011, 09:02:18 PM
Reply #179

Amata

Im sorry but any other team and manager in the PL would have looked at that starting lineup, realised it was an average team, got themselves psyched up and gone at them.  But oh not Moyes and Everton, Moyes does'nt want to upset his bumchum Sir Alex and the players look like they are in awe.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind