August 17, 2018, 11:04:55 AM

Author Topic: Man Utd vs Everton  (Read 43960 times)

April 23, 2011, 09:03:18 PM
Reply #180

Derek

Im sorry but any other team and manager in the PL would have looked at that starting lineup, realised it was an average team, got themselves psyched up and gone at them.  But oh not Moyes and Everton, Moyes does'nt want to upset his bumchum Sir Alex and the players look like they are in awe.

That doesn't fly because we always give them a game at Goodison, it's our attitude at OT that's the problem.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

April 23, 2011, 09:04:04 PM
Reply #181

cantoffee

Im sorry but any other team and manager in the PL would have looked at that starting lineup, realised it was an average team, got themselves psyched up and gone at them.  But oh not Moyes and Everton, Moyes does'nt want to upset his bumchum Sir Alex and the players look like they are in awe.

That's a ridiculous accusation. The idea that Moyes doesn't want to upset Ferguson by beating them is pretty fucking ridiculous.

April 23, 2011, 09:04:39 PM
Reply #182

blue for you

we can talk all day about this that the other the fact is we are not good enough to beat utd
we are where we are 7 or 8 where we might finish, but as getting top 4 we are as far out as a light house
fuck sake Anichebe wouldn't get a game with wolves or wigan if he was with them and we think we could
beat utd with him up front, and this thing about lads saying Rodwell will be our Gerrard forget about it.

cahill wasn't fit but i think his best days are behind him, what i think we should do is sell Anichebe,yak,yobo
vaughan,bily, go get some young players in and also go get Micheal Owen i think he could do a job for us next
season as we don't have money to buy a big name striker.

April 23, 2011, 09:05:29 PM
Reply #183

charlatan

it's our attitude at OT that's the problem.

Yup, and who's fault is it that the players always go out shitting themselves and negative at OT?

April 23, 2011, 09:07:35 PM
Reply #184

cantoffee

we can talk all day about this that the other the fact is we are not good enough to beat utd
we are where we are 7 or 8 where we might finish, but as getting top 4 we are as far out as a light house
fuck sake Anichebe wouldn't get a game with wolves or wigan if he was with them and we think we could
beat utd with him up front, and this thing about lads saying Rodwell will be our Gerrard forget about it.

cahill wasn't fit but i think his best days are behind him, what i think we should do is sell Anichebe,yak,yobo
vaughan,bily, go get some young players in and also go get Micheal Owen i think he could do a job for us next
season as we don't have money to buy a big name striker.

Seriously? How can you knock Anichebe today? At least he did something. We looked a lot better with him and Cahill on.

Cahill is past it and you want us to bring in Michael Owen? Get a fucking grip lad, I know it was a bad game but you're obviously not thinking clearly, Owen didn't even touch the ball against us.

April 23, 2011, 09:08:49 PM
Reply #185

Amata

That doesn't fly because we always give them a game at Goodison, it's our attitude at OT that's the problem.

Hence my comment that the players are in awe, they look like a bunch of autograph seekers.

When you go into a game thinking you've got no hope then you may as well not turn up.  The mindset of out players and Moyes needs to change.

I could understand that attitude a couple of years ago when Man U had Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Keane, Van Nistelrooy etc but that team today was poor
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 09:11:41 PM by Amata »
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

April 23, 2011, 09:13:04 PM
Reply #186

Stumpy

No desire,no ambition,no effort and no belief a truely shithouse performance againsed a utd side there for the taking.And the goal totaly Distins fault as were the 3 in the home game.Felt a bit sorry for him as that asside he played ok.

April 23, 2011, 09:16:42 PM
Reply #187

blue for you

Seriously? How can you knock Anichebe today? At least he did something. We looked a lot better with him and Cahill on.

Cahill is past it and you want us to bring in Michael Owen? Get a fucking grip lad, I know it was a bad game but you're obviously not thinking clearly, Owen didn't even touch the ball against us.

you get a fucking grip Anichebe has been a fucking disgrace this season even today he was rolling around the field
as if he was shot bye a sniper and yes give me own anyday of the week than Anichebe didn't owen hit the post

April 23, 2011, 09:22:27 PM
Reply #188

Chazman

Maybe, but where the hell was our right back?

Marking two players at the back post
"I fuckin love this club"

April 23, 2011, 09:28:46 PM
Reply #189

charlatan

Well it's been like that since the Premier league formed, so you tell us.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want rid of Moyes, but I DO want him to grow a pair against the so called big teams.

Our record at Man U is a disgrace.  Moyes is negative everytime he goes there, Walter Smith was too (as well as being negative against everyone else including at home).  The last time we had a go at them there was in 95 under Joe Royle when we were 2 up to 2 big Dunc goals, and an Unsy OG gave them a point near the end.

As Amata said above, they are no longer the Utd of old to be feared.

April 23, 2011, 09:33:31 PM
Reply #190

BlueWool

2 points dropped at home all season and they were 'there for the taking'. Astonishing.

April 23, 2011, 09:35:44 PM
Reply #191

cantoffee

you get a fucking grip Anichebe has been a fucking disgrace this season even today he was rolling around the field
as if he was shot bye a sniper and yes give me own anyday of the week than Anichebe didn't owen hit the post

You're a joke. Your own bias is blinding you, what a fucking surprise. Of all the players to knock today you pick him, every fucking game it happens. Get a fucking grip you absolute moron. He wasn't great, but he was far from our worst player, and he was more positive than most people today. When did he moan? When he didn't get the pen? Any player would have complained about that.

April 23, 2011, 09:35:52 PM
Reply #192

nomorechang

RIP
Utd have won every game at OT this season besides one draw in the Prem , they are a far better team there than on their travels , we had to play some players who were clearly not 100% fit and were missing Arteta , Saha and Fellaini which with such a small squad as ours is a massive loss . We kept them at bay for 84 minutes and one stupid error from Disty led to their goal .. I'm not happy with the result but I'm not devastated , we've been much worse .
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

April 23, 2011, 09:39:36 PM
Reply #193

Ridge

Crikey, I am disappointed, but I didn't think we were that bad. They didn't have many clear chances and Van Der Saar made a superb save from Rodwell, to keep it level. The 2 penalty shouts weren't particularly strong ones, but I believe that had they been United shouts, Walton would have given one of them.

We didn't set up to attack them and struggled to break that well, but it's the same style that got us wins at Eastlands and some good away draws. I also thought Distin was a bit unlucky for the goal, he managed to get to the ball 3 times, but just didn't get enough contact or the correct direction with the clearance.

It's disappointing because we struggled especially first half, to link up play when we did try getting forward. There was also a moment where Gueye had sneaked into a very good position where Fabio should have been. But Osman's ball went behind him and out wide, rather than a through ball for Gueye to run on to.

But we defended comfortably and solidly for most the game, starting getting chances and when we started pushing forward, they caught us at the back.

April 23, 2011, 09:51:08 PM
Reply #194

NYToffee

My God...did you even watch the match? First, Hibbert and Howard were at fault for the goal (ha)...now Anichebe's at fault for the loss.

And Michael Owen is the prescription?