August 18, 2018, 06:26:35 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun signs - Confirmed by the club  (Read 20595 times)

April 02, 2018, 10:29:50 PM
Reply #300

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Like the look of him but back DCL to be starting over him inside 12 months.

I also think heíll have competition in the form of a new signing next year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 03, 2018, 03:40:43 AM
Reply #301

Lxxx

Get the sense watching him play that he's gonna be one of those strikers that scores a good number of goals, but doesn't contribute much else to the team.

Which, when not many others contribute much either, isnít really whatís required. Or expected for £27m.

April 03, 2018, 06:58:20 PM
Reply #302

themilkycoffees

Unsure what DCL has done to justify this sort of claim. He looks nowhere near ready to play in the PL to me and it would take a huge leap forward in 12 months for him to be good enough for us. He's got potential but can't think of any Premier League club where he would start as a first-choice. Tammy Abraham is just as good and isn't good enough to be a regular starter for Swansea. Loan to the Championship next season would be ideal I think.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 09:52:11 PM by themilkycoffees »

April 03, 2018, 07:18:09 PM
Reply #303

Lxxx

Unsure what DCL has done to justify this sort of claim. He looks nowhere near ready to play in the PL to me and it would take a huge leap forward in 12 months for him to be good enough for us. He's got potential but can't think of any Premier League club where he would start as a first-choice. Abraham at Swansea is just as good and isn't good enough to be a regular starter for Swansea. Loan to the Championship next season would be ideal I think.

I agree. The lad is neat and tidy but I don't see anything that makes me think he can hold his own at this level. Maybe he'll develop a killer instinct playing every week against a lower standard of opposition but for the time being I don't see much call for him being here next season if we do buy another genuine first team forward.

April 03, 2018, 07:20:34 PM
Reply #304

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
DCL is a level above the Championship imo.

I'd only loan him to a Premier league team myself, failing that keep him here because he's developing at a really good rate.

April 03, 2018, 07:29:55 PM
Reply #305

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 03, 2018, 08:56:20 PM
Reply #306

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Unsure what DCL has done to justify this sort of claim. He looks nowhere near ready to play in the PL to me and it would take a huge leap forward in 12 months for him to be good enough for us. He's got potential but can't think of any Premier League club where he would start as a first-choice. Abraham at Swansea is just as good and isn't good enough to be a regular starter for Swansea. Loan to the Championship next season would be ideal I think.

Not sure where the idea he ISNT good enough comes from. Involved in as many goals as anyone in our side this year.

Only things I havenít seen him do is a) take lots of shots b) strike a ball cleanly through and c) score score score

I know that seems really obviously important for a striker, but backing him to start producing.

From what Iíve seen in open play Tosun offers about the same but looks less mobile. He does shoot more and is more predatory but Iím personally saying given another 12 months DCL can potentially be better.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 03, 2018, 10:04:53 PM
Reply #307

themilkycoffees

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/one-stat-proves-how-important-14484661

Fair play to the lad. I've got nothing against him but Tosun now level on Premier League goals in 20 less games. My original point is that he's nowhere near good enough to get us to where we want to go and that's the case with a lot of the squad. I think the stats in this case just serve to highlight how poor the season has been overall, with a lack of both individual and team success.

We've had to rely on him as we didn't have anyone else after last summer's fiasco and he's worked hard and chipped in with a few goals, but I don't see him going on to loan and being any PL side's first choice next season. Loan him to a Championship club and let him get a full season under his belt starting games and then reassess.

April 03, 2018, 10:21:31 PM
Reply #308

howard1334

DCL can't score consistently. Besides heading the ball, his holdup play is also sub-par. Can't really back defenders down. If these two issues remain, there is no way he will be starting over Tosun.

April 03, 2018, 10:36:43 PM
Reply #309

Ridge

All of Tosun's goals came with DCL on the pitch.

April 03, 2018, 10:39:24 PM
Reply #310

themilkycoffees

All of Tosun's goals came with DCL on the pitch.

Pickford too. How is this related? Apart from the fact DCL should have scored before Tosun actually did at Stoke?

April 04, 2018, 12:03:13 AM
Reply #311

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
If DCL learns how to get himself into goalscoring positions and find the back of the net, weíll have a real talent on our hands.

April 05, 2018, 06:58:47 PM
Reply #312

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
The big Turk one of 6 nominated for Premier League Player of the month- well in big man
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 06, 2018, 08:18:45 AM
Reply #313

SteB

April 06, 2018, 04:09:16 PM
Reply #314

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
On Sam Allardyce....

I get on really well with Big Sam. Heís been in contact with me for a long time and wanted me when he was at Crystal Palace. He made it clear there would be a place for me at Everton. Sam played an important role in the transfer [to Everton]. He was always open with me, he doesnít mince his words. He says whatís on his mind.

On Big Dunc....

We have a legendary player here called Duncan Ferguson and he has been a huge help behind the scenes. He stayed behind with me after training to work on my game and my fitness, getting me up to speed with the Premier League. He always believed in me. When I wasnít playing he helped me keep my head up. Heís been fantastic, we work really closely together, I think I remind him of himself a bit.

On Liverpool culture....

Iíve tried the Scouse dish. I like trying traditional foods but I have to say the English [language] here took me by surprise, it isnít what I was taught in lessons. Iím not going to lie I didnít understand anything when I first arrived. It is not the English taught in the classrooms. I remember my first training session, there are a few players in the youth team that have a really strong Scouse accent and I didnít have a clue what they were saying. I thought maybe I had not learned English properly but I could understand some of the others so figured out it must be a regional thing.

On Evertonians....

They pronounce my name really well to be honest, they call me Cenk but I have heard some of the fans call me Tosun Pasha [meaning King Tosun or General Tosun which I was chuffed about. Knowing they actually researched and spoke with Besiktas fans to learn this left me gobsmacked.

On tomorrowís derby....

This is a huge derby, I know what it means to the club and the fans. I always watched the previous Merseyside derbies. I am preparing myself. Iím taking it very seriously. This is serious, itís more than just a game. I know that and all that is important is the win. We want to give the fans something to cheer about. In a city with more than one big club these games mean everything