August 16, 2018, 05:08:00 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 34802 times)

April 22, 2018, 01:27:48 AM
Reply #405

KoemansNumberTens

This is all very reminiscent of the Lukaku keepy uppy thing.

Think lookman has a lovely touch.

Honestly I assumed it was an accepted fact that young players went out on loan to get more minutes. To train with better players (7th in the German league) and to use nicer facilities (do we not have nice facilities) are both new 1s on me.

April 22, 2018, 01:29:50 AM
Reply #406

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Rated highly for his performance today
Simply simply lovely

April 22, 2018, 01:31:12 AM
Reply #407

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Honestly I assumed it was an accepted fact that young players went out on loan to get more minutes. To train with better players (7th in the German league) and to use nicer facilities (do we not have nice facilities) are both new 1s on me.

They're one of, if not the best team in Europe for using and developing young players. Especially players like lookman who are very technical and energetic.

I don't get why you're constantly ingnoring the positives of this move for him.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 01:32:55 AM by TheRam »

April 22, 2018, 01:34:02 AM
Reply #408

Ross

How many minutes has he got over the last half dozen games?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 22, 2018, 01:38:10 AM
Reply #409

blue slug

Think heís started 4 and come on as sub in 7 or 8 but donít know the minutes dude

April 22, 2018, 01:40:48 AM
Reply #410

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

He's got more minutes than if he was here for a side that would probably tear us apart. I fail to see how this has been a bad move for him. Its been a bad move for us cos if that bellend has his way he will sell him to a club who are keen on him. A club in a better position than us
Simply simply lovely

April 22, 2018, 01:46:12 AM
Reply #411

Ross

Think heís started 4 and come on as sub in 7 or 8 but donít know the minutes dude

Iíll let @KoemansNumberTens fill you in but bear in mind the last half dozen games would total 540 minutes and heís a 20 year old whoís very new to the league and only a few weeks into a short loan.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 22, 2018, 02:01:22 AM
Reply #412

Ridge

He played 30 PL mins under Allardyce in bit over 2 months, has played 360 mins in Bundesliga at Leipzeig in less than 3 months, so about 12x more

Half his Leipzig minutes have been in last 2 weeks, so likely to get more chances.

April 22, 2018, 02:15:16 AM
Reply #413

KoemansNumberTens

They're one of, if not the best team in Europe for using and developing young players. Especially players like lookman who are very technical and energetic.

I don't get why you're constantly ingnoring the positives of this move for him.

Honestly think itís probably a long term positive move but Iím not sure if it is in the short term. Iíd sooner he was thinking about the play offs with derby. Letís hope he isnít massively keen with their facilities and young energetic team because itís also extremely odd that weíd send a player to a club he could be tempted by when we asssume we actually want to keep him

April 22, 2018, 02:33:25 AM
Reply #414

blue slug

Iíll let @KoemansNumberTens fill you in but bear in mind the last half dozen games would total 540 minutes and heís a 20 year old whoís very new to the league and only a few weeks into a short loan.

Iím happy heís gone on loan dude heís definitely had way more minutes than he would of done under allardyce

April 22, 2018, 02:46:37 AM
Reply #415

Toffee1

April 22, 2018, 02:56:28 AM
Reply #416

Ross

Iím happy heís gone on loan dude heís definitely had way more minutes than he would of done under allardyce

Yeah and no doubt more than heíd get at a failing Derby team as well.

And all at unquestionably an extremely high standard and competitiveness level of football.

Only an real dafty or someone not aware of the whole situation would question whether itís a good move for Lookman or whether itís going well for him.

April 22, 2018, 06:41:14 AM
Reply #417

bogie

So why did he go out on loan then?? Presumably just to get away from fat twat. Presumably told he wouldn't get much playing time here cos why else did he feel the need to get minutes elsewhere.?

smells of tapping up a no point were they talking to the club about him then he comes in and ask for a loan will not go were the club got him a loan and as if by magic red bull come in for him

and it was him that ask for the loan so all this why as Sam loaned him out is fucking bullshit

be gone with him and move on

April 22, 2018, 02:14:35 PM
Reply #418

howard1334

Honestly think itís probably a long term positive move but Iím not sure if it is in the short term. Iíd sooner he was thinking about the play offs with derby. Letís hope he isnít massively keen with their facilities and young energetic team because itís also extremely odd that weíd send a player to a club he could be tempted by when we asssume we actually want to keep him

Considering you are normally a reasonable poster, the fact that your staying so vehemently with this position despite the fact he got a goal and rave reviews two matches ago and started, went the full 90, got an assist, and got solid reviews yesterday in a match that might have determined whether Leipzing qualifies for the Champions League seems kinda crazy to me. Personally would have rather we just kept and played him ourselves, and really concerned about Sam's really stupid comments the other day. But at this point, it is pretty clear that he will be a better player from this experience than if he had gone to Derby.

Also, your self-serving attacks on Liepzig earlier were laughable. Qualified for the Champions League last year. Made it to the quarters of the Europa and only four points off of Champions League qualification again this year. Come on, man. Just acknowledge you may have been wrong, which you may have been trying to do with this post (IDK; hard to tell), and let's all move on.

Here is his assist from today in case you have not seen it (starts around 1 min 45 secs).

feature=onebox
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 03:05:32 PM by howard1334 »

April 22, 2018, 03:06:25 PM
Reply #419

Lxxx

Damn. This thread has really degraded.

The forum itself has slumped and not really down to the contributors.

How one man can suck the life out of a club and leave itís supporters completely bereft of things to talk about other than how much they hate him.