June 19, 2018, 04:08:14 PM

Poll

Quite simple- Yes or No.

Yes
13 (5.8%)
No
213 (94.2%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: Do you want Sam Allardyce to be Everton manager next season?  (Read 53517 times)

April 13, 2018, 01:50:56 PM
Reply #540

sam of the south

...............take it easy mate , not a chance he's staying.

Im getting a bad feeling with all these stooges singing his praises
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 13, 2018, 02:25:52 PM
Reply #541

ajax_andy

Im getting a bad feeling with all these stooges singing his praises

Linked heavily with Fonseca, desperately tried to get Marco Silva... Moshiri clearly wants a manager who plays with attacking intent which makes me feel confident he won't keep Allardyce.  It was a stop gap, when you look at the names linked its clear IMO we will have a different manager next season

April 13, 2018, 02:33:25 PM
Reply #542

Macca77

Nobody should worry, hes gone in the summer

April 13, 2018, 03:06:59 PM
Reply #543

Lxxx

Exact same set of circumstances, what’s Elstone e got to do with it all of a sudden ? The examples that I have given are all of foreign owners not resident in Liverpool which you seem to erroneously feel is a problem, repeat, exact same circumstances, end of.

As I said, different clubs and different circumstances.

It's not an issue if you have a united board, a clear strategy, quality appointments in key footballing positions and success on the pitch. The examples you give above tick all them boxes so the owners could be sat on the moon and things would tick along nicely.

There are more and more stories coming out of boardroom divisions, Kenwright and Elstone on the way out, a 'noxious' atmosphere at the club and disharmony among most of the football staff. All feeding into what we see on the pitch.

Something is allowing a vacuum to develop at the club and if the Chief Exec, who is based in Liverpool, is no longer calling the shots and is on his way out then that will filter down, as Paul Joyce's article highlights. Kenwright and Elstone worked well even though they were based three hours away from each other as they had stability. You need some form of genuine authority figure based at the club and until we get a new Chief Exec (if he is going) then we're going to suffer from the decision makers being based in London.

April 13, 2018, 03:13:53 PM
Reply #544

goodtouchforabigman

Hopefully the fact that he was only given an 18 month contract speaks volumes!

April 13, 2018, 03:46:01 PM
Reply #545

Macca77

What time is lard arse doing his presser? Be interesting to see what he thinks about the continued fan unrest, he'll probably laugh it off and claim everyone still loves him again.

April 13, 2018, 04:06:18 PM
Reply #546

Macca77

April 13, 2018, 04:40:51 PM
Reply #547

Toffee1

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/984714065430892544

So what he's saying here is, we nullified Ings and Solanke

In his eyes stopping the bigger sides from wiping the floor with us is better than a win.

He maybe good at setting up teams to stop the opponent from scoring but he has also nullified our love of football - the sooner this deluded TWAT is gone the better.

I understand that we have had lots of change over the last couple of years but keeping any of the current managerial set-up and DOF, will not help us move forward. Clear the slate and start again but make sure the right pieces are put in place, otherwise we will just tread water, with the possibility of sinking fast.

April 13, 2018, 04:48:46 PM
Reply #548

Lxxx

I still despair at this appointment. Made by a man with little knowledge of football in a panic about his investment.

April 13, 2018, 05:39:05 PM
Reply #549

Macca77

April 13, 2018, 05:45:42 PM
Reply #550

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Talking today about how he's going to trim the squad in the summer. Only one person I want see trimmed - and I don't mean his waistline
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 13, 2018, 05:48:23 PM
Reply #551

Alanvideo

Please tell me he didn't actually say this

https://twitter.com/Paddy_Boyland/status/984714434278035456
.......................that's exactly what he said . It's bad but it could have been a lot badder so it's not too bad.  :headbang:
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 13, 2018, 05:58:44 PM
Reply #552

Hawkandro

Pap Lardiola isn't lying though. We did such a good job on Mane, Firmino and Salah it was like they weren't playing.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

April 13, 2018, 07:27:18 PM
Reply #553

sam of the south

Talking today about how he's going to trim the squad in the summer. Only one person I want see trimmed - and I don't mean his waistline

The more he goes on like this the more I am convinced hes staying.

Unless hes a major troll, or totally in the dark.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 13, 2018, 07:29:49 PM
Reply #554

Bluedylan

The more he goes on like this the more I am convinced hes staying.

Unless hes a major troll, or totally in the dark.

I think the latter. I bet no-one's had any sort of conversation with him about next season, one way or the other. That's the way we seem to be run these days. Unsworth didn't have a clue what was going on the entire time he was manager, and kept having to answer media questions, not knowing what would happen.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.